Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Intrusive ads

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lately (the past week or so), I have noticed that I'm getting a lot of pop-behind ad windows and a few times my virus scanner has alerted me of viruses/malware being attempted to be put onto my computer via the banner ads.

Just a heads up, it looks like one of your ad sources may not be all that respectable.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have no adblock software and see no popups whatsoever. I think you yourself might have malware.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Initially that would usually be my thought as well... unfortunately, this is not the case.

I'm running on a fresh installation of Windows. I have BitDefender Total Security installed and enabled. I use Adblock Plus in my browser. I additionally block advertising sites using a modified HOSTS file.
At the time I first saw this ad, it was shortly after the rebuild and the only websites I had visited prior was Microsoft, Nvidia, and my own server.

Upon entering RageZone, I got a pop-behind window the size of my display screen (which was blank thanks to the above mentioned measures), and 4 notifications from BitDefender about banner ads attempting to download possibly malicious software. I have not experienced this on any other websites so far.

Based on the available information, it would point to an ad that appeared on one of these pages.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, that would explain the first popup because I was not logged in at that point. I'll have to see if BitDefender stored any data from the intrusion from the banner ad intrusion attempt that got blocked.

Running MalwareBytes now.

Edit: Quick scan came up clean. Running a full scan now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's them Ilivid ads i hate. If i had to chance to meet the person who started Ilivid, i would take plesure in taking a poop on his head. I mean, some ads are really aggressive and they get shoved down your Ducking throat. It's so annoying.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Download and run TDSSKiller...I have found it finds alot of stuff regular virus and spyware detectors don't catch.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Every time I click the text field for 'User' on RaGEZONE I usually get an MMO ad pop up.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thats normal...you won't see them if you set yourself to log in automaticly each visit. Visitors see the ads...members dont.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Thats normal...you won't see them if you set yourself to log in automaticly each visit. Visitors see the ads...members dont.

I can't do that, I just have the option to type in my username, then my password is automatically filled, (Google Chrome Save Password/Never For This Site Option).

Back