Likes occasionally not getting added

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,792Posts

Likes occasionally not getting added

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

This is not about the commonly discussed delay / timeout bug about likes! ( Clicking "Like" doesn't work every time. )

I've noticed within the last 2-3 weeks that I've gotten likes from some people, yet my overall like-count didn't increase from it. This first happened around 3 weeks ago on a day where 4 people liked posts of mine, yet I've only gotten 2 more likes from that on my like-count.

Ever since, I've been occasionally noticing it. For example just a few minutes ago my like-count was 880. Then @Henmoro and @Bradley liked a post of mine in spamzilla and my like-count is 881 now. This is about the 5th time I've been noticing it on myself.

I didn't make a report until now because I thought it's only me. But then I've noticed yesterday when I liked a post from @Delteros in spamzilla (whose like-count was 1 before) stayed 1 after I liked his post.

I don't think this is related to chaching, as I've never gotten the missing 5-6 likes. I also don't think that if someone un-likes your post, the subtraction gets delayed until you get a new like, which would make it look like it doesn't count. So I think it's a new bug in the like system / plugin (maybe related to timeouts again) that prevents likes from being registered to your like-count.

Maybe @MentaL can look up the recent 2 likes I've gotten and check if one is missing or wasn't registered? That is if vBulletin has some sort of relationship between the like count and the source posts ofc.

It's not that important, specially with the currently ongoing events, I'm just dropping it here for the record :)

SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,089Posts

Re: Likes occasionally not getting added

Hm, I personally haven't noticed this. I just liked your post and it got added to your overall likes count.
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

"Make sure your worst enemy doesn't live between your two ears"
    Laird Hamilton

Gold SubscriberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    456Posts

It's not just that if you press it far too much while the page is loading the likes deplete by 1 and it removes the like you have also given.
    Last edited by Bradley; 20-05-17 at 06:44 PM.

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,816Posts

I doubt. Think someone just removed a like.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,792Posts

Hmm that might be the case. Though it seems like if I un-like someone's post, the like-count gets decreased instantly (after page refresh). Weird.
    Maybe we need to observe it a little and if you guys notice anything out of order when liking / getting liked, bump this thread or something.
    All your likes seem to have arrived, thx for testing, you can remove them again if you wish :P

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

SubscriberRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,578Posts

Seems like a "lost update" to me (fuck ISE, @The General knows what I mean).

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,816Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Hmm that might be the case. Though it seems like if I un-like someone's post, the like-count gets decreased instantly (after page refresh). Weird.
    Maybe we need to observe it a little and if you guys notice anything out of order when liking / getting liked, bump this thread or something.
    All your likes seem to have arrived, thx for testing, you can remove them again if you wish :P
    Feel free to evaluate by liking this post.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,047Posts

I have this issue also @Future, happens CONSTANTLY when liking people's posts. Can click it and never see "fallenfate liked this post". Will refresh the page, still no like. Tried four times on some pages and gave up. Not sure how the like function is working but this should not occur, or take as long as it seems to.
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)
    I am also vasheni at deviantArt.com.

Translating: Van Tien

Will help translate projects, BUT I need working files and set-up instructions to examine mechanics to help translate functionality. As an example, sometimes names of skills in Chinese translate to things like Wind of Upward Cat. Which is obviously not correct. If I can run the game I can give it proper context.

ModeratorRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    GER / FRLocation
    1,986Posts

Yep. Same here. Tried to like fallenfates post. Didn't work.

SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,089Posts

@fallenfate @GigaToni:
    @Future means something else. You guys are talking about Clicking "Like" doesn't work every time.
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

"Make sure your worst enemy doesn't live between your two ears"
    Laird Hamilton

ModeratorRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    GER / FRLocation
    1,986Posts

Yea I know. He means it's getting registered but not shown until you reload the page right?

Have that also sometimes. But the "doesn't get registered at all" happens more often now.

Okay forget what I said. I didn't notice what he describes
    Last edited by GigaToni; 21-05-17 at 04:20 PM.

ModeratorRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    LocalhostLocation
    538Posts

I have the same issue and it happens quite often.
    ALL GAME RELATED PM'S WILL BE IGNORED.
    Discord [¤] Facebook [¤] Rules [¤] Subscribe [¤] Support

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,792Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Biesmen View Post
    @fallenfate @GigaToni:
    @Future means something else. You guys are talking about Clicking "Like" doesn't work every time.
    Exactly. Thanks for pointing that out!

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    I have the same issue and it happens quite often.
    Good to know it's not only me.

I've just tested a bit and all likes arrived on your profiles. Might be a temporary thing when the DB is overloaded, which could result in what @Joopie described

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2014 Join Date
    Arad DomanLocation
    1,047Posts

Ah okay. I tried to like your post to say thanks for clarifying, but yeah, had the other bug :D lol.
    If I helped you, please click the Like button at bottom-left of my posts. Thank you! :)
    I am also vasheni at deviantArt.com.

Translating: Van Tien

Will help translate projects, BUT I need working files and set-up instructions to examine mechanics to help translate functionality. As an example, sometimes names of skills in Chinese translate to things like Wind of Upward Cat. Which is obviously not correct. If I can run the game I can give it proper context.

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    01942Location
    1,352Posts

Can't say I've ever had this issue. Gotta get dem likes ;)

I'm getting closer and closer... But my dream still feels like it's miles away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement