Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Likes occasionally not getting added

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
This is not about the commonly discussed delay / timeout bug about likes! ( http://forum.ragezone.com/f598/clicking-doesnt-time-1104537/ )

I've noticed within the last 2-3 weeks that I've gotten likes from some people, yet my overall like-count didn't increase from it. This first happened around 3 weeks ago on a day where 4 people liked posts of mine, yet I've only gotten 2 more likes from that on my like-count.

Ever since, I've been occasionally noticing it. For example just a few minutes ago my like-count was 880. Then Henmoro and Bradley liked a post of mine in spamzilla and my like-count is 881 now. This is about the 5th time I've been noticing it on myself.

I didn't make a report until now because I thought it's only me. But then I've noticed yesterday when I liked a post from Delteros in spamzilla (whose like-count was 1 before) stayed 1 after I liked his post.

I don't think this is related to chaching, as I've never gotten the missing 5-6 likes. I also don't think that if someone un-likes your post, the subtraction gets delayed until you get a new like, which would make it look like it doesn't count. So I think it's a new bug in the like system / plugin (maybe related to timeouts again) that prevents likes from being registered to your like-count.

Maybe MentaL can look up the recent 2 likes I've gotten and check if one is missing or wasn't registered? That is if vBulletin has some sort of relationship between the like count and the source posts ofc.

It's not that important, specially with the currently ongoing events, I'm just dropping it here for the record :)

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Hmm that might be the case. Though it seems like if I un-like someone's post, the like-count gets decreased instantly (after page refresh). Weird.
Maybe we need to observe it a little and if you guys notice anything out of order when liking / getting liked, bump this thread or something.
All your likes seem to have arrived, thx for testing, you can remove them again if you wish :p

Reaction score
Hmm that might be the case. Though it seems like if I un-like someone's post, the like-count gets decreased instantly (after page refresh). Weird.
Maybe we need to observe it a little and if you guys notice anything out of order when liking / getting liked, bump this thread or something.
All your likes seem to have arrived, thx for testing, you can remove them again if you wish :p

Feel free to evaluate by liking this post.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have this issue also Future, happens CONSTANTLY when liking people's posts. Can click it and never see "fallenfate liked this post". Will refresh the page, still no like. Tried four times on some pages and gave up. Not sure how the like function is working but this should not occur, or take as long as it seems to.

Reaction score
[STRIKE]Yea I know. He means it's getting registered but not shown until you reload the page right?

Have that also sometimes. But the "doesn't get registered at all" happens more often now.[/STRIKE]

Okay forget what I said. I didn't notice what he describes

Last edited:
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ah okay. I tried to like your post to say thanks for clarifying, but yeah, had the other bug :D lol.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
I've just thought about another theory. I liked DragonLord's post a few mins ago and the like count went down by 1, LOL. Too bad I never record these things or anything xD

However, I think this might be related to deleted posts. Like if someone likes your post and it gets deleted later on, your like count stays the same. But maybe, if someone likes your post afterwards, the like-count gets reevaluated and then it looks like you've got nothing, while the DB just updated your last received like and removed the one from a deleted post.

Would require further testing

Back