Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

RageZone Private Servers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, have all the RZ Private servers been Frantech?

right + down + X
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No, Toriad. The individuals who ran servers (TheAJ for RS, IRuleMU for mu, the habbotard for habbo, etc) each sought their own hosting. Like the case of the RuneScape server, the development team fluxuated and diminished for various reasons (I was on that team for a short period of time). Due to a limiting source, the project leader started writing a brand new framework from scratch. He's still writing that framework. Interest slowly diminished from the old server as the new one was being pumped out at 150% capacity, we had several hardware issues that lost our database, lack of a backup, and the server was put down indefinitely.

Some individuals who host servers are competent enough, some aren't. The biggest factor in it is the fact that hardware costs are the big thing, and, in order to save some money, hosting is skimped on leading to stability problems, and they might not have a source ready. Oh, and the big thing. Server hosters generally do most of the work themselves. The additions and the mod team can't do much at all compared to the person who is holding the project off the ground.

Like goku, just Sayian.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So let me make sure I got that correctly.

In the past any kind of hosting has been sought for the RZ Private servers not just Frantech.

Some of the issues the private servers witnessed was.

Lack of Money = Bad Hosting = Bad Stability

If I wanted to host a Private Server I should expect my primary cost to be the hardware.

Losing interest in what your hosting = the death of it.

and if I planned on doing a RZ private server, I'd be doing 90% of the work regardless who else is on the team.

Does that about sum it up?

TJP

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No, Toriad. The individuals who ran servers (TheAJ for RS, IRuleMU for mu, the habbotard for habbo, etc) each sought their own hosting. Like the case of the RuneScape server, the development team fluxuated and diminished for various reasons (I was on that team for a short period of time). Due to a limiting source, the project leader started writing a brand new framework from scratch. He's still writing that framework. Interest slowly diminished from the old server as the new one was being pumped out at 150% capacity, we had several hardware issues that lost our database, lack of a backup, and the server was put down indefinitely.

Some individuals who host servers are competent enough, some aren't. The biggest factor in it is the fact that hardware costs are the big thing, and, in order to save some money, hosting is skimped on leading to stability problems, and they might not have a source ready. Oh, and the big thing. Server hosters generally do most of the work themselves. The additions and the mod team can't do much at all compared to the person who is holding the project off the ground.

Like goku, just Sayian.

Disappointing. How did I deserve the name "habbotard". Provide a screenshot and an explanation to justify it if you don't mind. You can PM MentaL and ask him to help you find an adequate screenshot.

OT:

They're all gone because of poor management, choosing the wrong developers who end up taking the server files to make their own or both. It's a sad world :*:.

(I personally had no problem with my management, I loved Sean, Donkjam and Kaylee - it was my developer that back stabbed me which resulted in the server going bye bye).

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
as former Ragezone Ran Online server owner, I must say that RageZone's Ran server did not end because of money or stability issues, but because of lack of population, it reached a peak of 600 player Online at same time then gradually throughout a year went down to under 20 player online per day which made the server cost inefficient, and after a few months I decided to stop losing money and closed it

Last edited:
Reactions: 404
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No offense to our Habbo man, but its your job as the big boss to make sure no one does any stabbing, and if you see it about to happen to someone, you make sure it does as little damage as possible.

Although I would be interested to hear what he did, if for no other reason it would help me learn more about things to watch out for in the case I did decide to persue this idea. A Post Mortem of your server if you will..

As for the Ran Man! (that is your new name) I can understand not wanting to pay for a server when you started with 600 active subs, but 20 average online isn't that bad for a asian based mmo(thats what I think it is based on my 4 seconds of looking at it).

PS. Any of the hosts that would be willing to share with me a post mortem of their server it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Back