Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Random site refreshes cause post content erase

Status
Not open for further replies.
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
I used to ignore this till I realized that it is actually a bug and very annoying:

I noticed the forum is doing random page refreshes sometimes. This might be done for updates, like if a new post/notification comes in, it refreshes and you can see it. I don't know how this system works or what the target is. However the problem is that it ignores if you are actually writing a post or just idle around on the site. So it will also refresh the whole page while you are at writing something. This is what happens to me a lot when writing bigger posts, like my moderator application or tutorial threads.

Those random refreshes cause an erase of all the content you have written until then and your only hope is the "Restore auto saved content" button on the bottom of the input field which failed on me the last 3 times. I just lost a very well thought out reply due to this bug and I'm afraid this can destroy other good posts which cannot be recovered easily.

I'm afraid of my posts content getting erased any time while writing it, so I'd really really appreciate if this can be fixed :thumbup1:

This should be easily fixable by removing that function/feature (probably js code) from .../newthread.php... pages and hinder the refresh if the quick reply input field is focused. You don't need to be refreshed for replies / alerts while writing a post! If any help is needed, just contact me. I'm know JS / PHP together with many other programming languages.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
It's not a bug, it's a feature. Someone told me that it was added to re-fresh the ads on RaGEZONE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back