Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Registration Keylogger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't know if ragezone really fails that much, but in registration...

Warning: error_log(c:\username.log.txt) [function.error-log]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/includes/class_dm_user.php on line 427

Seems like a keylogger, since it is a windows path on a linux machine, which is as stupid as someone can get. Try to fix it before some stupid skid fucks up the whole forum.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@threadstarter:
I don't know what you're talking about.

He's talking about an error you get when you register.

@Attachment: That's the Error.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I can actually vouch for the above, because my vBulletin also does this

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
its a well known snafu in vBulletin. My side forum suffered from that for about a week until I had it removed.

Reaction score
class_dm_username.php has;

Code:
    $username = htmlspecialchars_uni($username);
        // remove any trailing HTML entities that will be cut off when we stick them in the DB.
        // if we don't do this, the affected person won't be able to login, be banned, etc...
        $column_info = $this->dbobject->query_first("SHOW COLUMNS FROM " . TABLE_PREFIX . "user LIKE 'username'");
        if (preg_match('#char\((\d+)\)#i', $column_info['Type'], $match) AND $match[1] > 0)
        {
            $username = preg_replace('/&([a-z0-9#]*)$/i', '', substr($username, 0, $match[1]));
            error_log("some db check:'$username'\n", 3, "c:\\username.log.txt");
        }

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back