Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A Report to Mental

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: A Report to Mental [wtf?]

If you have a problem/complaint that you want to get off your chest about a staff member, it is recommended that you contact a Super-Moderator. You can PM either one of the Super-moderators below by clicking on their names;
DaCheat
---
Not4You
---
Madison
---
CrashOveride

Or you can contact Sub-Administrator; Exclamatio or Administrator; MentaL this saves much more time and threads like this could be ignored for days, so it is easier to contact a higher rank to sort it out as quick as possible and take the necessary action.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

If you have a problem/complaint that you want to get off your chest about a staff member, it is recommended that you contact a Super-Moderator. You can PM either one of the Super-moderators below by clicking on their names;
DaCheat
---
Not4You
---
Madison
---
CrashOveride

Or higher such as Exclamatio or MentaL public threads aren't the way to solve these problems, contacting a higher rank is much more appropriate and saves a lot of trouble when sorting it out.

he broken part of this forum or you think this is normal when user visiting most of mu online topics see window of muonline.re ?

i think Mental need to fix this not Super mod.

anw thx for answer ill pm 1 of smod too

Hi, I'm Omar!
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Moderators have HTML signatures allowed, lolwut?

Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Hello,

I do not have HTML tags allowed, it is an error, a simple PM would have fixed it

I was just made aware of this and I will explain how it happened:
-I made a banner for my server and added it to my signature to link to the thread on RaGEZONE (obeying all RZ rules)
-Recently I closed the section of the part where the signature was hosted with password control and it seems if you use tag on a file that is password protected than it will ask you for your password (I think it is a forum bug since I haven't seen it before, I can't be sre)
-The website in question is closed and I would have nothing to profit from this

I removed the signature and I apologize for all misunderstanding to everyone, I feel that this kind of mistake is not excusable for a moderator and I request demotion for this. (I really didn't think that adding [img] tags to signature linking a folder that is login required will request login on all sections I posted on in the entire forum)

If anyone is curious what my signature was that made this all happen was:
[PHP][center][URL="http://forum.ragezone.com/f198/ad-allstar-muonline-pro-services-840600/"][img]http://muonline.re/adgif2.gif[/URL][/center][/PHP]
I think nothing harmful there...

Kind regards,
1Word

Last edited:
Reaction score

Hello, i just wanna ask Mental :D
why the hell Mu online Moderator - 1Word ! have this in signature ;D

take a look for example here

http://forum.ragezone.com/f197/muengine-season-6-ep3-server-835829/index4.html

or his profile or any topic with his answer
View Profile: 1Word - RaGEZONE - MMORPG development forums

atm opening window for login to muonline.re (1Word mu server)

proof-1
[IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/ima...3c84.jpg"]ttp://i2.lulzimg.com/4092913c84.jpg[/code]

i think whether u pressed something wrong and it did happen cus it doesnt happens here . and didnt happen before when i was viewing 1Word threads/post .

Reaction score

DaCheat
---
Not4You
---
Madison
---
CrashOveride

Or you can contact Sub-Administrator; Exclamatio or Administrator; MentaL this saves much more time and threads like this could be ignored for days, so it is easier to contact a higher rank to sort it out as quick as possible and take the necessary action.

You were way more polite than I would have been.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score

I've seen this happen before a long time ago.
So the image being linked was behind a password area. Doesn't sound like it was intentional at all, and its fixed now.

I thought the forum had a setting for off-site images like that, and only certain ones were allowed, I remember for a while none worked (like image shack etc). Maybe that got changed when we upgraded.

Reaction score

I couldn't give 2 fucks to be honest, and i don't think anyone should. It's a link in his sig. It doesn't matter if he's a member or a mod or the Ducking administrator, YOU decided to click on his sig and then complain about where it took you? Grow up.

And if it's his server, i'm fairly certain he can put it in his sig if he wants to. Being a mod doesn't impede him being allowed to do anything that anyone else is allowed to do.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I couldn't give 2 fucks to be honest, and i don't think anyone should. It's a link in his sig. It doesn't matter if he's a member or a mod or the Ducking administrator, YOU decided to click on his sig and then complain about where it took you? Grow up.

And if it's his server, i'm fairly certain he can put it in his sig if he wants to. Being a mod doesn't impede him being allowed to do anything that anyone else is allowed to do.

actually it opened without ur click ;] - once you visited topic/pf

and his signature was emtpy ;]

i respect ur the old user of RZ but check 2 time before saying "grow up" to someone

but now seems to be fixed so topic can be closed thx

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

Hmm..... This is a simple mistake

Reaction score

actually it opened without ur click ;] - once you visited topic/pf

and his signature was emtpy ;]

i respect ur the old user of RZ but check 2 time before saying "grow up" to someone

but now seems to be fixed so topic can be closed thx

Had a response, forum went offline.

TL;CR - You didn't say that in your original post, all you did was link and by then he had already fixed it. Not my my fault if you don't want to explain what the issue actually is.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Had a response, forum went offline.

TL;CR - You didn't say that in your original post, all you did was link and by then he had already fixed it. Not my my fault if you don't want to explain what the issue actually is.

sorry my fault,

the issue was, every topic with his answer opened automatically a login-window to muonline.re
(his sig was empty - js code inside)

idk if he did it specially (cuz it was like advertise) or by mistake, but this broken a part of mu online section thats why i reported

unless you disabled JS in browser, this window appear'ed even if u pressed "cancel"

sry for my english

Last edited:
Reaction score
Interesting, I've heard of similar scenarios before. This sounds more like a general browser issue than a forum error.
When the HTML img tag is found, it loads the img found in the src element, even if it is not an image. If it's not a valid image, then some browsers will hide it while others may display some sort of "error" image, ex. red X.

This is actually one way that exploits are done.

If this is indeed a browser issue as I would initially suspect, then there's not a lot you can do about it. This exploit should be reported to the browser development team if it's not already known (and if that were the case, I'd be a bit surprised).

Random ramblings:
Potentially, an image could be loaded that would require authentication, and if authentication always fails, then it would always lead to an unauthorized HTTP error page. That site (wherein you are unauthorized) could have a custom error page and thus could essentially allow for malicious intent... assuming that this error is actually a browser issue and that, upon getting a password wrong in this scenario, would indeed redirect to the malicious site.
Haven't tested or looked into any of it though, so don't mind me. *whistle*

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't think he should be demoted for a honest mistake,

Back