Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Search bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
A.K.A /v\aX /--/ PHP Guru
Reaction score
Hello RZ,

I just wanted to report something I found which I have noticed a couple of times an is bugging the crap out of me as I cant find old threads needed in our community due to the bug.

Anyways unsure if this bug is on all searches but to mirror the bug im getting do this:

Go view someone's profile an click the link "Find latest started threads" you will see from my link I have 3 pages the first page works fine but when you click next page or a page number vBulletin errors with "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Have a nice day
ToXiC L33T

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I am able to see all 3 pages.

Reaction score
Yep I just tried on your profile an it works fine..

Only seems to happen when I search myself, so lets say I want to give a link to a guide I created to someone.. I cant search for it if its not on page 1
Maybe try on your own profile an do the same see if it works.

I'm just reporting my find :)

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Yep I just tried on your profile an it works fine..

Only seems to happen when I search myself, so lets say I want to give a link to a guide I created to someone.. I cant search for it if its not on page 1
Maybe try on your own profile an do the same see if it works.

I'm just reporting my find :)

I can do it on my own profile too.

Reaction score
Hello RZ,

I just wanted to report something I found which I have noticed a couple of times an is bugging the crap out of me as I cant find old threads needed in our community due to the bug.

Anyways unsure if this bug is on all searches but to mirror the bug im getting do this:

Go view someone's profile an click the link "Find latest started threads" you will see from my link I have 3 pages the first page works fine but when you click next page or a page number vBulletin errors with "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Have a nice day
ToXiC L33T

Works perfectly for me. Been like that for years.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Whether it is an advanced search, viewing my latest started threads or performing any kind of searching/filtering action I have a 50% chance to end up with the last page found being completely empty.

Is is due to some low bug in the php scripting which builds up the paging wrongly?
Or is it SQL returning faulty data sets when called from the last page?

Would be epic if this could be fixed!

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I had this issue in the past, it seems to have resolved itself overtime. I've had this error occur a couple of times in the past.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
@ChewBecca click this and you will see the problem

zUJ0HRX.png

Happens to me also
HDV42WR.png

Rogu3
Reaction score
Your moderator privileges let you view more posts, I assume.

If you want to reproduce this bug try creating a blank account.

EDIT: No not an expert, just my observations.
Found the issue:
bCtBnDx.gif
1. You can see the initial search shows 142 results, and then when I go to page 2, it searches again to show that there are only 71 results.
2a. Now, my conclusion is either the results are somehow being cut in half, (71 * 2 = 142).
- OR -
2b. The results are only showing threads that have not been deleted, removed, etc.

Whatever the case may be, somebody needs to fix their algorithm.

Edit:
Upon further review, I change my mind. I believe 2b is the issue. I now have 72 threads, but it shows 143 results. Clearly, the query is asking for all threads and most users do not have the permissions to view the deleted threads, for obvious reasons. The easiest way to test this theory is simple.

For example, if my account had permissions (not asking for them, just saying hypothetically) to delete my own threads, I could delete one of my threads which in theory would not change the initial search result of 142, but it would show 70 results when I go to page 2.

@MentaL @ChewBecca

Last edited:
Reaction score
A simple query edit would fix this :-/
And also explains why supers an some mods dont have this problem (they can view hidden posts)

MentaL has been tagged 3 times now in this thread.. still no response :w00t:

Rogu3
Reaction score
And also explains why supers an some mods dont have this problem (they can view hidden posts)

No need to bust @MentaL 's balls about it though, he gets to it when he gets to it. You have to understand that he probably did not even see what the bug was until I made the GIF to show it was a legitimate bug and not some temporary issue that solved itself. It's not really emergency and accounts aren't at risk so... yeah. Honestly, all your posts should be there unless they've been hidden or deleted. So, even if he does fix it, it's not like the posts that you don't see are magically going to appear. A lot of my posts are hidden because I no longer have access to the sections. If anything it's either vBulletin's issue, or the forum just needs maintenance done such as rebuilding the search index.

Reaction score

out of my hands at the moment everything is ran through sphinx engine and i'm ill so it's not a priority atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back