Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Where is my group ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been away from ragezone since 1/2 month because of coronaro drama and cie...

I back and i see my group ragezone "New Pangya Dev's ! " (active one - with some exclusive content not posted on classic ragezone and some help with some info never writed anywere) have been delete or someting wrong. :grr:

link of group say to contact admin so i say it here because i suppose it's a bug ?
http://forum.ragezone.com/groups/856/

Can i have explain why this have been deleted since lot's of content was on group (and group was active like min 1 message every week) ? :(:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm still waiting replay ... It's 2 week allready ...
More and more people ask where is the group ...

any news ragezone ? Or even a explain ?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry I don't use the groups, I hadn't noticed and somehow missed your message, but it does seem that the groups I was in are not around either. This isn't something I can fix though. I will see what I can find out.

Groups were disabled as they were spam fests. I dont know if there is an ETA on them coming back. None of them were very active according to Mental.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello,

First , thanks for the reply , problem in the case of "disabled" why in that case http://forum.ragezone.com/groups/892/ exist ? :scared:

Even no dm or notting for explain or say why deleted it's kinda Meh. :scared:

I never have see spamming in other side , since i was managing to remove "bad" post, group is mostly a resposability of the the creator (of group) to manage it. :ehh:

I know lot of group was not active , my group was the only one active (one message by week at worst) ,some member was into ( )so i think is active enought, so i don't think he have check and just apply his remove/close... :(:

I have lot of dm on discord or ragezone about this (sample : , , ) , people complain thinking i was delete it, because some project was working on it (sample : ), so i don't think "inactive" word was the reality. :?:

I know Pangya is a low tiers mmorpg (since casual golf game) yes , but this kind of delete just kill knowledge and will discourage people to contribute to ragezone (and not even on pangya since some dev like me do other mmo in same time) if they delete without checking.

There is a way to recover post for even post this on official forum ? :thumbup:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
any sharing you have of files should be in the section though not a group

Should ? By what rules ? Nothing force me to post in the group instead of the general forum

No, you (i mean staff - not you personally ) have do a mistake and you trying to say it's my fault.

I'm just not going to share anything on this forum if it's to be accused.

Last edited:
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
I suppose groups are a grey zone when it comes to MMO development activity, as they're technically on the board, thus not violating rule #27, but still a private zone not everyone necessarily knows of / has access to.

I don't remember how exactly they worked tbh, as I've not used them much at all. Was nice to connect to people through sheer membership of a group though #TheThoughtfulOnes #Developers :*:

Deleting most if not all groups seems a bit drastic of an action to me. Can they be altered to force public visibility instead by chance? Or can some be whitelisted / run through a validation system? Also are they hard deleted, or can they be restored?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I wish I knew more than the next to nothing that I know. I had no idea this was going to happen or would happen. I thought I saw Mental playing with groups the other day (I thought i joined one but now I can't find anything about it) so I thought he was working on bringing them back.

I know some groups were useful, the comment about them not being active was not my own.

Should ? By what rules ? Nothing force me to post in the group instead of the general forum

No, you (i mean staff - not you personally ) have do a mistake and you trying to say it's my fault.

I'm just not going to share anything on this forum if it's to be accused.

No im not trying to say its your fault at all. I am not accusing you of anything.

I mean, it is best to just share things public, that's the point of the forum. But I also understand why some people would not.

i wish I had more answers to you about the groups, but I do not.

Back