Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

2 Suggestions

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Welll id love to see back the Reputation ( like for example Reputation : 2 ~ 3 ~ 43 ~)
And 1 more thing A button that will show us the NEW posts only in our section.
Anyone agrees?..

i sell platypus
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Reputation is right under the avatar, the rep POWER number however isn't displayed.
You can see if there is a new post in a thread and go directly to it. You can mark it read by double clicking the thread icon. But no way to view a sections newest posts, only from the whole forum.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Reputation is right under the avatar, the rep POWER number however isn't displayed.
You can see if there is a new post in a thread and go directly to it. You can mark it read by double clicking the thread icon. But no way to view a sections newest posts, only from the whole forum.
thats what i meant (red quote)
i know that (blue quote)
thats why i called it a suggestion (yellow quote)

Quote from samus "Reputation works for me.
"
yes it works for me too but not like before with numbers

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's not that needed of a feature really just allows people to boast about what they have and what the accomplished with the reputation system.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Rep = Don't care. TBH, I take more notice of Likes, Posts and Infractions. :wink:

It would be nice to see unread posts in a sub-section. Would make the sections I visit infrequently easier to follow. :): The recent posts in the entire site is fairly worthless to me, as the site is just too big and too active. (similar to recent objections to a "shout box")

I'm not sure if it is possible to achieve this though. :(:

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Rep = Don't care. TBH, I take more notice of Likes, Posts and Infractions. :wink:

It would be nice to see unread posts in a sub-section. Would make the sections I visit infrequently easier to follow. :): The recent posts in the entire site is fairly worthless to me, as the site is just too big and too active. (similar to recent objections to a "shout box")

I'm not sure if it is possible to achieve this though. :(:
i totaly agree that

Reaction score
Ahuh, and exactly how do you propose we implement a system where every person sees new posts only from THEIR sections? What exactly is YOUR section? Please, show it to me, i'm curious to know.

Go to YOUR section, and guess what - all of the threads with new posts are up there at the top with new icons! Amazing! If doing that is simply too hard for you, maybe using an online forum is too complex for you.

The rep system is there, it has now simply removed that arbitrary number which was neither accurate nor useful. Why anyone wants it back is beyond me. It's like putting a huge sticker saying "FULL" to cover your petrol gauge, you know it's not but looking at it somehow makes you feel better.

Reaction score
Reputation works for me.
He means something like this:
404_image.png

%reputation% would be replaced with the number of reps you have received.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What exactly is YOUR section? Please, show it to me, i'm curious to know.
It's bad English Rish. But I think we can safely assume that Jackknife means any section you happen to be visiting, or visit regularly. It's asking that the "new posts" link on the bar just below the RZ title work for each forum section as you visit them, rather than only the entire forums. :wink:

Knowing almost nothing about how vb is coded, I guess it would need a module, but I can see that it actually utilises the search feature. I guess it's equivalent to Search "for posts" "located in the forum root" "and any sub-sections" "containing anything" "by anyone" "since your last visit". I can perform this in "advanced search" with a different root section but it takes quite a while to fill the form out.

Sadly, the search does a little caching of search values, so the only thing in the URL is the hash for that search "search.php?searchid=35137" where, if the URL was encoded "search.php?in=posts&location=f600&since=last&sub=true" you could store a search URL on your favourites or bookmarks for places you like to keep up-to-date with.

Your method is also the one I use Rishwin... but I did try the RSS feed for a while, and was quite impressed with it, if not with my feed reader. I haven't been arsed since. XD

It's like putting a huge sticker saying "FULL" to cover your petrol gauge, you know it's not but looking at it somehow makes you feel better.
When I used to work on HP-UX, one of the ladies I worked with replaced her terminal shell login banner (if anyone remembers the old Unix "banner" command) with "Good morning beautiful. You look lovely today." to help get her day off to a good start. People really can get a lot out of a placebo. :wink:

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Ahuh, and exactly how do you propose we implement a system where every person sees new posts only from THEIR sections? What exactly is YOUR section? Please, show it to me, i'm curious to know.

Go to YOUR section, and guess what - all of the threads with new posts are up there at the top with new icons! Amazing! If doing that is simply too hard for you, maybe using an online forum is too complex for you.

The rep system is there, it has now simply removed that arbitrary number which was neither accurate nor useful. Why anyone wants it back is beyond me. It's like putting a huge sticker saying "FULL" to cover your petrol gauge, you know it's not but looking at it somehow makes you feel better.

Perfect World is the section that im in , and i didnt sayd that only for Pw to add a "new posts" button i mean for all of them , and you have to read "2 suggestions" not a flaming thread or anything

Reaction score
No i know what he meant, my question was more-so from the forum's perspective than my own.

You know what sections you visit, but how is the forum going to know what to show you? I really don't think this is something which should be automated based off most visited, so are you going to have to specify in a setting somewhere which forums you want to see? Has someone even made a mod for that? You need to think these things through and have it researched, don't just float a vague idea and wait for others to look into it - see it through.

Reaction score
It was option by users and was supposed to be a 'test' with the reputation system despite having the like system, i don't really see a point in this as i've said before. I prefer the like system and believe that is enough and if you really care that much about everybody seeing your reputation then so be it, mass private message everyone on the forum, i doubt you'd have enough time to message them all but hey, if you really want to be proud of your reputation more so than the bars (which were implemented instead of a second bar) then so be it. Are you aware that you can see your own reputation by going to 'Settings' and then scrolling down. As i've said before, i wouldn't exactly mind seeing it, but i believe that it's pointless.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
are you going to have to specify in a setting somewhere which forums you want to see?
This is what comes of ineloquent wording.

I interpreted it quite differently. This link:-
uxXS9.png
Should show new post in the area you are presently reading... not the entire site.

I think that's do-able, because of the way the search system works, and because the link currently uses the search.php script. It would have to be coded to take account of the current "/f***/" (that's not censored, they are "wild-cards" :lol:) part of your URL and, preferably, any sub-forums of that forum ID. Then it would have to provide those details to the search script.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back