Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    InactiveRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    1.3.6 LandLocation
    720Posts

2 Suggestions

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Welll id love to see back the Reputation ( like for example Reputation : 2 ~ 3 ~ 43 ~)
    And 1 more thing A button that will show us the NEW posts only in our section.
    Anyone agrees?..

GammaRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    wvndesign.nlLocation
    3,332Posts

Re: 2 Suggestions

Reputation works for me.
    In need of a website or design? Click here to send me a PM.

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2009 Join Date
    DenmarkLocation
    2,862Posts

Reputation is right under the avatar, the rep POWER number however isn't displayed.
    You can see if there is a new post in a thread and go directly to it. You can mark it read by double clicking the thread icon. But no way to view a sections newest posts, only from the whole forum.

Spoiler:

InactiveRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    1.3.6 LandLocation
    720Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Improved View Post
    Reputation is right under the avatar, the rep POWER number however isn't displayed.
    You can see if there is a new post in a thread and go directly to it. You can mark it read by double clicking the thread icon. But no way to view a sections newest posts, only from the whole forum.
    thats what i meant (red quote)
    i know that (blue quote)
    thats why i called it a suggestion (yellow quote)

Quote from samus "Reputation works for me.
    "
    yes it works for me too but not like before with numbers

Super ModRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    6,451Posts

I would like to see REP power numbers not just bars would be good

InactiveRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    1.3.6 LandLocation
    720Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shoelace View Post
    I would like to see REP power numbers not just bars would be good
    same here

BannedRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    On your shouldeLocation
    1,064Posts

It's not that needed of a feature really just allows people to boast about what they have and what the accomplished with the reputation system.

GammaRank
    Nov 2007 Join Date
    Boob Island, BILocation
    3,118Posts

I wouldn't mind seeing the rep number but I myself think that the rep bar is enough.

Skype - el_jamie

True MemberRank
    Mar 2009 Join Date
    ZHLocation
    1,365Posts

Either way, it's equal to me. I never look into someone rep number, and I find that rep bar is enough already.
    Make an impression.

May 2007 Join Date
    UKLocation
    5,751Posts

Rep = Don't care. TBH, I take more notice of Likes, Posts and Infractions.

It would be nice to see unread posts in a sub-section. Would make the sections I visit infrequently easier to follow. The recent posts in the entire site is fairly worthless to me, as the site is just too big and too active. (similar to recent objections to a "shout box")

I'm not sure if it is possible to achieve this though.

InactiveRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    1.3.6 LandLocation
    720Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobsobol View Post
    Rep = Don't care. TBH, I take more notice of Likes, Posts and Infractions.

It would be nice to see unread posts in a sub-section. Would make the sections I visit infrequently easier to follow. The recent posts in the entire site is fairly worthless to me, as the site is just too big and too active. (similar to recent objections to a "shout box")

I'm not sure if it is possible to achieve this though.
    i totaly agree that

LegendRank
    Oct 2004 Join Date
    PerthLocation
    15,952Posts

Ahuh, and exactly how do you propose we implement a system where every person sees new posts only from THEIR sections? What exactly is YOUR section? Please, show it to me, i'm curious to know.

Go to YOUR section, and guess what - all of the threads with new posts are up there at the top with new icons! Amazing! If doing that is simply too hard for you, maybe using an online forum is too complex for you.

The rep system is there, it has now simply removed that arbitrary number which was neither accurate nor useful. Why anyone wants it back is beyond me. It's like putting a huge sticker saying "FULL" to cover your petrol gauge, you know it's not but looking at it somehow makes you feel better.

LegendRank
    Jun 2007 Join Date
    JerseyLocation
    4,136Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samus. View Post
    Reputation works for me.
    He means something like this:

%reputation% would be replaced with the number of reps you have received.

May 2007 Join Date
    UKLocation
    5,751Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rishwin View Post
    What exactly is YOUR section? Please, show it to me, i'm curious to know.
    It's bad English Rish. But I think we can safely assume that Jackknife means any section you happen to be visiting, or visit regularly. It's asking that the "new posts" link on the bar just below the RZ title work for each forum section as you visit them, rather than only the entire forums.

Knowing almost nothing about how vb is coded, I guess it would need a module, but I can see that it actually utilises the search feature. I guess it's equivalent to Search "for posts" "located in the forum root" "and any sub-sections" "containing anything" "by anyone" "since your last visit". I can perform this in "advanced search" with a different root section but it takes quite a while to fill the form out.

Sadly, the search does a little caching of search values, so the only thing in the URL is the hash for that search "search.php?searchid=35137" where, if the URL was encoded "search.php?in=posts&location=f600&since=last&sub=true" you could store a search URL on your favourites or bookmarks for places you like to keep up-to-date with.

Your method is also the one I use Rishwin... but I did try the RSS feed for a while, and was quite impressed with it, if not with my feed reader. I haven't been arsed since. XD

It's like putting a huge sticker saying "FULL" to cover your petrol gauge, you know it's not but looking at it somehow makes you feel better.
    When I used to work on HP-UX, one of the ladies I worked with replaced her terminal shell login banner (if anyone remembers the old Unix "banner" command) with "Good morning beautiful. You look lovely today." to help get her day off to a good start. People really can get a lot out of a placebo.

InactiveRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    1.3.6 LandLocation
    720Posts

Ahuh, and exactly how do you propose we implement a system where every person sees new posts only from THEIR sections? What exactly is YOUR section? Please, show it to me, i'm curious to know.

Go to YOUR section, and guess what - all of the threads with new posts are up there at the top with new icons! Amazing! If doing that is simply too hard for you, maybe using an online forum is too complex for you.

The rep system is there, it has now simply removed that arbitrary number which was neither accurate nor useful. Why anyone wants it back is beyond me. It's like putting a huge sticker saying "FULL" to cover your petrol gauge, you know it's not but looking at it somehow makes you feel better.
    Perfect World is the section that im in , and i didnt sayd that only for Pw to add a "new posts" button i mean for all of them , and you have to read "2 suggestions" not a flaming thread or anything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement