Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    The Valley,HaHaLocation
    547Posts

config 3d Section

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

I would love if we had an (game-oriented) 3d section, with releases (in known formats), and maybe even tutorials :)

I thought of that because i have seen some fine releases of 3d stuff on some MMO games sections, and the 'portfolio' section is 2d oriented, if one begins to put 3d releases and tutorials there, that section would become messy i think..

Administrator  Rank
    Dec 2000 Join Date
    32,919Posts

Re: 3d Section

kind of stupid imo.
    RaGEZONE Recommends

Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    C:\DesktopLocation
    1,619Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    kind of stupid imo.
    lolololololol
    /like

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    The Valley,HaHaLocation
    547Posts

kind of stupid imo.
    Its kind of silly, but i did not understand what you meant.. Can you please elaborate some more?

True MemberRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    N/ALocation
    243Posts

Ok. I tell you for him.

He don't like the suggestion.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    The Valley,HaHaLocation
    547Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 80085 View Post
    Ok. I tell you for him.

He don't like the suggestion.
    Now you have 3 likes :)

But i would like to know why he would think its stupid. I do not intend to be stupid, i want to get smarter.

I am sorry to deploy my stupidity on this great forum. I will try to be 'smarter' from now on.

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    The Valley,HaHaLocation
    547Posts

kind of stupid imo.
    I remembered this thread, i would love to know if you have changed your mind on the subject. Thanks :)

This may be relevant, or not.

ModeratorRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    IrelandLocation
    5,167Posts

I like the idea. It actually makes sense since you have a GFX section, why not add a 3D Model / Animation section. It would attract designers attention and could help the MMO development process at the same time. Why not?
    Last edited by cypher; 10-06-12 at 06:24 PM. Reason: typo

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    The Valley,HaHaLocation
    547Posts

Maybe he thought that 3d stuff is not relevant to games. A lot of programming folks think this way.

Or he was trying to protect the modelers profit. Of course.

So, on an effort to dignify and make this forum more pleasant for all, i removed all links to my models. So with that i can abide to what 'the forum's owner' thinks, and make a mutual gain situation. I would not want stupid things on my forum, if i had one, so why i would leave stupid things in someone else's forum?

True MemberRank
    Feb 2011 Join Date
    ןɐbnʇɹodLocation
    1,037Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingFox View Post
    Maybe he thought that 3d stuff is not relevant to games. A lot of programming folks think this way.

Or he was trying to protect the modelers profit. Of course.

So, on an effort to dignify and make this forum more pleasant for all, i removed all links to my models. So with that i can abide to what 'the forum's owner' thinks, and make a mutual gain situation. I would not want stupid things on my forum, if i had one, so why i would leave stupid things in someone else's forum?
    That attitude won't get you anywhere... If Mental doesn't want it he should have his reasons

I like the idea, I wanted to learn about it too :/
    +1 for this

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    The Valley,HaHaLocation
    547Posts

And my 2 reasons (for this 'attitude', that hopefully few people will notice) are 'very sensitive ears' (and perhaps old age, hehehe).

True MemberRank
    Feb 2011 Join Date
    ןɐbnʇɹodLocation
    1,037Posts

That kind of sarcasm isn't quite the best way to solve that kind of things xD

True MemberRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    The Valley,HaHaLocation
    547Posts

It is not sarcasm, and things are solved. The guy called those things 'stupid', and i removed them. So, it is really solved. A very logic, un-sarcastic situation.

True MemberRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    LondonLocation
    1,392Posts

Having one place where people from different games/designers come together could benefit all the game sections. Those who have more knowledge on things like this could start up dead sections by inspiring people from sections that have nothing like this.

Some sections can't create their own models or animations because they lack the community support or no one in the community has done it before. So i like this idea and maybe there could be a vote?
    Feel Free To PM Me For Help

May 2007 Join Date
    UKLocation
    5,751Posts

When this idea was first put to me, I asked ChewBecca what she would do with a 3D portfolio. She commented positively in my section where Fox first suggested it.

I feel crap that I didn't notice this in the suggestions area before, and I wonder if MentaL thinks the idea is "kind of stupid" because he didn't quite understand the proposal.

ScreamingFox (and others) make new weapons and armour for PristonTale. Some of their models are "ported" from other games, or designed based on things in films, books, paintings and... other games. I've seen other 3D artists doing similar things in their sections. (IMS GunZ has quite a lot of 3rd party models)

Anyway, the style of GunZ and the style of PristonTale may be very different, but a lot of the MMOs we work with are not. For example, I know one PT server imported a large array of WoW weapons.

The tools these artists use are often the same. They use Blender, 3D Studio, MilkShape, Wings, ZBrush etc. etc. and do their magic and come up with models.

I don't understand 3D design, I've tried and it just does my head in every time. Likewise Fox can't get his head around programming. But if I have a routine which I think is pretty neat for, IDK, voice chat or such. Maybe I've written it for PT but think "You know, you could probably add this to any MMO and it would be nicer than having to run TeamSpeak or Ventrillo on top." Well, then I know I could share this information and code in the Coders Paradise, and work with other coders to make that happen. (it's more likely, I would come up with a "bubble sort" that I think is nifty, but non-programmers would be like "Eh!?")

If ScreamingFox makes a really nice 2 hand sword model... it's just a 2 hand sword right? What Fantasy RPG doesn't have one of those? But it looks soooo cooooool! Where does he share this with people working on models for other MMOs in RaGEZONE?

Personally, I think the idea is great. IDK if it should be on it's own as the Paradise is, or if it should be a sub-section of the portfolio, but I think it's a request we should consider.

@ScreamingFox: I apologise, on behalf of MentaL, for his terse reply. He is a very busy man and when he says something like "sounds stupid" I think he generally means he can't see the sense in it... yet. Now, sometimes that's because there literally is no sense to the idea, but in this case I suspect he just hasn't "got it" yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Advertisement