Add more information about the GAME in the section.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2003 Join Date
    LondonLocation
    1,136Posts

idea Add more information about the GAME in the section.

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Sometimes I browse around ragezone, and I am looking for a more recent interesting game.
    But at a glance, it is difficult to tell what the hell the game is about, how it looks or if I even want to play it.

How do I play it? once I install it?

If there were screenshots and links to info about the game for each game on the main "game-category" page, it might make it easier to find out if you want to invest time in to the game.

I have made an example of how it would look:

agnostic

Deep thoughts Add more information about the GAME in the section. Joopie is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,595Posts

Re: Add more information about the GAME in the section.

Uhm, not that bad of an idea, but I think it could be done with a sticky thread with all the informations about the game.

ModeratorRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    2,183Posts

google provide more info if you don't know about a game,
    MMO and MMORPG purpose should for development after all,
    info about the game itself is well explained in google, i dont think your idea is bad, but i think it's "unnecessary", it cost time and energy to describe it, for example "about the game" you will need to write a lot of text, and gathering screenshot? writing about how to play, etc. it's possible to copy paste, but why would you do that if people could just type "tera online" in the browser? and will get more detailed info include detailed quest, detailed item, tips for leveling, screenshot, history, how to play, company, some private server, even video?
    sebelum dapet team noob T_T

Orang kok kayak kentut, datang2 bau abis itu ilang

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    01942Location
    1,374Posts

Or you could explore the section a little bit a find some screenshots in threads.

Google works too.

The world's gone mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Unphased Is an extremely banter worthy person to have a mass conversation with on utter shit.

V.I.P  Rank
    Apr 2013 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    1,485Posts

I don't find this a bad idea at all. Even though they can make a sticky or just browse the section or w/e, a couple of screens and some text in the "index" of the section really grabs attention. I also think it would do well for the google ranking if the game sections contain more text about the game. If those texts contain some keywords on which people search on google for a game, it could lure more new members to RZ.

SubscriberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,157Posts

There is probably a reason why this hasn't happened before, look at the top of the forum... "Development community" not a "hey this is a cool game , how do i play it? community"

BannedRank
    Jul 2014 Join Date
    Coding ParadiseLocation
    49Posts

This forum is not made for lazy people. You must be in a wrong place mate, this is not google! :P

True MemberRank
    Aug 2003 Join Date
    LondonLocation
    1,136Posts

What can I say.
    I am old and my time is precious, would like to know if I should invest time in the game quickly, in one place, instead of googling everything.
    Ragezone users would then google how to setup the server, and then go to another community, because of how warm your comments are.
    agnostic

True MemberRank
    Feb 2014 Join Date
    CanadaLocation
    435Posts

To tell you the truth, i like the idea, but i don't think RaGEZONE is the right place for this. I mean, if you want info about a game, just Google it..

Advertisement