Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ArcheAge section

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for checking my post.

Before getting into detail, what is this 'ArcheAge'?
ArcheAge (kor. 아키에이지 — "Ancient times"; ch. 上古世紀) — client fantasy massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) for the PC, developed by Korean company XLGames. The game is set in the universe of ArcheAge — fantasy world with elements of medieval magic and steampunk.

Whats so special about it?
It offers several different gaming elements for everyone, no matter if you want to live a potato life or want to go out on the seas, hunting big monsters or ghost ships. Becoming rich as a trader? You're welcome too! No, you like more quick PvP fights and living on the edge? Fine, you're also welcome!

What is the current and past status of ArcheAge private servers/emulators?
There is one private server (ArcheRage.to) with an EU and a NA server, which offers v3.0.3.0 at this time, trading credits for real money.Other than that, we had some small projects working on an emulator with one emulator being further developed, at least when you trust the YouTube-videos they shared. But for the last few years, the ArcheAge emulator community got kinda silent, with people still asking for new projects, hoping to see some new progress.

Our own project (check out ) is still on pre-release status, but we have very good people working on it passionately within the last few weeks. To be able to work together even more efficient, we started a Discord channel for the project and by now we have more than 20 people who are part of the project or who are following the project.

So what do you need an ArcheAge section for?
Of course, the development looks good and active, especially with the Discord channel growing. But as you know for sure, the more people help the faster one can reach the final goal. We are hoping to reach more people who are interested, who are skilled to help us, people who can give input and who can test and check stuff. Sure, we could just use the Extra section, but concentrate all people who are interested in one point would be more efficient.

What has been done already?
At this point, the emulator has a working base.
Since pre-release 1.2.4 we are able to run around in the world, before one could only get into the lobby.
1.2.5 also made an alternative start available, meaning the introduction quest on the ship.
Thanks to our project leaders, one can play a character and hop back into main menu without the need to restart the whole server, this was released in 1.2.6.

What needs to be done?

As you can see, the emulator still lacks several features that are needed to experience ArcheAge as a full game.
Here is a list with some examples of whats still missing:
- Working Quests
- Usable Items
- Mob Spawns
- Trading System
- and lot of stuff more.

What do you expect from the future?
First of all, I am not a fortune teller, but we have a very good team and we get people to join us every day. We also are in dialog with some people who might have the right files we need as well as some project members who are awaiting experienced people they know to help us soon.If we can get all the things together, I am sure we will find a way to bring the joy of ArcheAge to everyone interested.

What is your role in the project?
As much as I wish that I could do programming, I just started learning the very basics of everything. While the testers and devs in our team are very good and experienced, I see myself more as the guy who helps to communicate. The guy who checks several forums regularly, answers questions of interested people. The person who helps to get the creative and skilled people get connected. But in the end I am just a huge fan of ArcheAge and a hopeless potato farmer.

Thanks for reading!

P.S. Regardless of what decision is made, we will keep up the project and I will keep being here for everyone with any question.
PICTURES:
As I dont want to ruin the whole topic with lots of pictures, please check the following link:

Last edited:
Staff member
Reaction score
Considering that it's another emulator and that there isn't a lot of actual dedicated development towards ArchAge, it's true that we need some new refreshing sections on the forum but I just don't think there's enough for this to cut it.

The suggestion lacks reasoning behind it as well references for potential chances even if there's one new post i'd suggest gathering more resources and materials to structure this into a more worthy suggestion.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You sure are right, its not like we have several projects going on at the same time, but we have that one very good looking project that had made significant steps forward. The project can be found here:
(and was already linked in the topic mentioned in my initial post).
There were several threads made on RageZone within the last days that seek help - all because of this project.

Now we all, and especially the guys working on it all the time, have reached a point where every help might be the last step to do.

Thats why I thought a new section might give us the attention needed and the opportunity to find new and experienced people to help reaching the goal.

We need to find out how to store character data and write all the database our own or use an old one as a base to build on top of that or maybe we even find someone who is capable of decrypting the 3.0.3.0 database - in any of that cases, the more people we reach, the more chances we have to reach a stable version of the emulator.

Sorry for the wall of text, I might just be somewhat over-ambitious.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't see a Diabolo 2 suggestion, so if you'd like to make a topic for that, this is about Archeage. (at least until we have some other means of communicating a request for new sections)

You are right though its about interests and we do our best to gauge interest, we need a minimum of server files. I brought ArcheAge up in particular with the superstaff.

Off topic: I personally love archeage and hate Trion

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Small update from me:

In addition to the project site on GitHub, we also have a kinda active Discord channel going on, counting nearly 20 people with very different knowledges and skills.
The link is also part of the Project page wiki and can be found there on the Discord tab.

As we are progressing slowly but steady, it would be wonderful to have the opportunity to get more and more people interested, for testing and developing reasons.

Plus - and I am speaking as the Discord Manager of the project - we would have an even bigger base to reach people who can enjoy what we all are doing. I have spoken to many people within the last days and the reception was very positive.

Thats just a small update for anyone interested. Thanks for reading this and have a nice weekend.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I just want to be very clear, we are considering Archeage as a section. My Apologies that it is taking so long, it kind of got wrapped up in a different / related topic that also needs to be addressed.

Thats what I understood from your previous post, but I am still posting updates and I will rework this whole thread tomorrow to look more appealing and better structured. This is regardless of your decision, its for the people who are interested ;)

Reaction score
Created a simple account tool, source included.
No binaries in the archive.
View attachment ALauncher.rar

This version can only:
- get username / pass / token
- register using email with email verification checks (to make sure users will input valid email format)
- md5 hashed passwords

In future updates Im planning to:
- make user login, get token and play.
- No plans for auto update though. Im not sure if Im capable of decrypting archeage database file and update it but if its like normal client file update, its definitely possible.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list

SGA

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I totally agree with suggestion, I'm also planning to start contributing on and there should be a category for ArcheAge.

Back