Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Attachment Moderation

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello guys, since i saw this thread (http://forum.ragezone.com/f475/stored-procedures-editor-johnstondev-v1-887815/) searching for this modification and finally i found.

What i want now?
New rule in forum and all releases will be attached to thread(not server files, client or another big files) and moderators will need to check & allow this attachment before can downloadable;

Description: This product adds new permission per usergroup "Follow Forum Moderation Rules", which if set to 'no' it will force all attachments posted by this usergroup to be placed into moderation queue by default.

vB.org:

I'm sorry for all syntax errors.

Regards
RevoLand

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
no one cares about you linking to another forum so long as you're not deliberately advertising it

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
no one cares about you linking to another forum so long as you're not deliberately advertising it
I can't see any link else silkroad online section and vbulletin.org ?
if you talking about "****" it's for MentaL, he can't add without know what is that right?

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can't see any link else silkroad online section and vbulletin.org ?
if you talking about "****" it's for MentaL, he can't add without know what is that right?
He does though

vbulletin.org said:
Description: This product adds new permission per usergroup "Follow Forum Moderation Rules", which if set to 'no' it will force all attachments posted by this usergroup to be placed into moderation queue by default.

If the user is not in the Forum Moderation Rules group and attachments have to be approved before they can be downloaded.

No demo needed, the description explains it fine!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
He does though

If the user is not in the Forum Moderation Rules group and attachments have to be approved before they can be downloaded.

No demo needed, the description explains it fine!
But if i am not wrong it's little different, in vbulletin.org it's not opening the thread until attachment is approved (if it's opening thread and just don't letting downloading of attachment i will be happy to editing first thread)

hope it's working as i request, thread edited.

Reaction score
This sounds like a lot of extra work for moderators - not just the moderating of attachments, but the enforcing of not allowing external links to file downloads being posted, which also has its own detrimental affects.

Malicious files should be expected when dealing with private servers and what-not. People warn others quite quickly, most half-intelligent people have a virus scanner or use websites like totalvirus.com, and most people don't download random files from some kid with no posts and then open it w/o virus scanning it.

There's two sides to this argument. One being the pressure on moderators and the other being protecting the users. I'd argue that the pressure this would put on moderators is not worth protecting the occasional mindless user/leecher.

Back