Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Biased Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I would consider finding mods that message you first "hey fix your post it's missing something" instead you get pm's saying your thread is deleted.... The mods here get worse and worse! No one is perfect at getting post correct but telling them to fix it before being an butt and deleting it is a great that. We learn from mistakes but can't learn from them if your stuff just get's deleted. Most mods fail at doing their job correctly!

Suggestion monitor your mods and how they treat threads!

Reaction score
Well for one, if they have any reason to delete your thread, then it must of gone against the rules of that section, or just the forum rules in general. I highly doubt one or two said moderators would just delete your thread completely out of spite. There must be a reason behind it.

Have you tried contacting said moderator and asking why they deleted it? (In case they didn't give you a reason.)

In case you need them : Forum Rules posted by MentaL

Reaction score
Hello!
Threads get deleted because they inflict with the rules assigned to that section, if your post was deleted than you must contact that moderator if you do not understand the reason of deletion. Discussing with that moderator could have your post restored, or even edited to fit that sections requirements.
Our job is to delete and keep the rules in check, This is our job. If you are having any selected problems with a certain moderator, And your post doesn't inflict with the rules and your posts are still getting deleted, than contact a supervisor, or Super Moderator about the situation.

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can assure you that none of the moderators are biased, Killerwoody.

If a moderator deletes a post or thread than it was because they believed it conflicted with the rules, not because they were biasedly singling somebody out. You were correct to make a thread about the issue though with your concerns.

Just be civil and wait for it to get all sorted.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I just feel some mods are biased in certain sections. The private server section is the worst people forget server spec and screen shots all the time.

If you can't read, I'll retype it for you.

Please contact me via PM (Private Message) so we can resolve this issue.

Thanks
~Shoelace

Reaction score
All you have to do is read and follow these two stickies that are present in every subsection including the main section in the free MMO servers:

Hm9GKpg.png

The delete messages means you have forgotten for example the screenshots, if you don't know what that means it means you haven't read the requirements. I cannot edit your thread and take screenshots for you. Server spec is no longer a requirement but you would've known that if you had read the requirements again.

So it all comes down to you not reading the requirements, not that any of the mods are biased.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
All you have to do is read and follow these two stickies that are present in every subsection including the main section in the free MMO servers:

Hm9GKpg.png

The delete messages means you have forgotten for example the screenshots, if you don't know what that means it means you haven't read the requirements. I cannot edit your thread and take screenshots for you. Server spec is no longer a requirement but you would've known that if you had read the requirements again.

So it all comes down to you not reading the requirements, not that any of the mods are biased.

Isn't there a part of the delete process where it tells you to put in your reasoning?

Reaction score
RZ has a strict set of guidelines that all staff must follow. That includes closing and/or deleting a thread if it doesn't comply with a certain section's guidelines or rules. If there is a staff member that you feel is biased by breaking the staff code, then the matter should be dealt with privately with a Supervisor or Super Moderator.

We understand your frustration but the Suggestions section isn't the right place to handle the issue.

Regards,
Savage

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can assure you that none of the moderators are biased, Killerwoody.

If a moderator deletes a post or thread than it was because they believed it conflicted with the rules, not because they were biasedly singling somebody out. You were correct to make a thread about the issue though with your concerns.

Just be civil and wait for it to get all sorted.

Everyone is somewhat bias. Claiming that a mod wouldn't be more lenient on a popular member that frequently releases quality content than a user with less than 10 posts to their name is laughable.

On the other hand, at least you get a PM saying it was deleted. I remember some years ago they didn't even do that. It was really annoying to write a good multi-paragraph post just to have it disappear out of no where and have no idea what you did wrong.

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Mods are most certainly biased. Regardless if they see it themselves. I've been here long enough and read enough threads to know nearly every mod who's ever came through these forums has shown bias to one member over another. Mostly the "vets". You can either ignore it like I do. Or complain about it and think it's going to change.

Reaction score
Mods are most certainly biased. Regardless if they see it themselves. I've been here long enough and read enough threads to know nearly every mod who's ever came through these forums has shown bias to one member over another. Mostly the "vets". You can either ignore it like I do. Or complain about it and think it's going to change.

Well it's weird moderating a section & then banning/warning a "veteran" who literally wrote the rules for that section which you're banning them for. Leniency has always been given mostly on the basis of "well you've been here longer than me & you know what the rules are better than anyone so either there's a good reason you said/did that and I'm just jumping the gun or there actually is no rule infringement here and my trigger finger's just too itchy".

But Killerwoody the reason is they simply have too many people breaking the rules. That's just it. The MMO mods have literally hundreds if not thousands more moderator actions they need to do per month than the other mods due to the number of threads they have to deal with. When 20 people are breaking the rules in the same way you don't have time to PM 20 of them and ask for all of them to make changes & then go back later in the day & manually check those 20 threads to make sure they have made the changes... you just delete the whole damn thing & TELL THEM TO DO IT AGAIN.

That's how moderating is done. So suck it up and submit it correctly the first time.

Reaction score
I just wanted to state the obvious really about mods on RZ. Out of all the mods posting in this thread not one has even admitted they have shown favoritism to anyone! Treat everyone the same or drop you mod status. Not trying to be an butt but most mods get the status just because they think it will make them special.... I just think the higher ups should moderate the people under them a bit more! I've said what I needed so close the thread or give me an infraction which is bound to happen sooner or later! Well I got church and father's day ahead, this is the last thing I need to worry about at the moment.

Thanks,

Killerwoody

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Killerwoody

Please contact me via PM so we can resolve this issue.

Thanks
~Shoelace
Killerwoody Maybe its because you don't seen to follow instruction.
The rules are stated clearly, yet you didn't read them, or follow them then get all crappy when your thread is deleted for not following the rules.
You were still unable to contact one of your section supervisors regarding this matter.

To all mods reading this, start taking more action, and take killerwoodys advice and infract more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back