Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    MERICALocation
    737Posts

Biased Mods

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

I would consider finding mods that message you first "hey fix your post it's missing something" instead you get pm's saying your thread is deleted.... The mods here get worse and worse! No one is perfect at getting post correct but telling them to fix it before being an ass and deleting it is a great that. We learn from mistakes but can't learn from them if your stuff just get's deleted. Most mods fail at doing their job correctly!

Suggestion monitor your mods and how they treat threads!

Gold SubscriberRank
    Oct 2013 Join Date
    504Posts

Re: Biased Mods

Well for one, if they have any reason to delete your thread, then it must of gone against the rules of that section, or just the forum rules in general. I highly doubt one or two said moderators would just delete your thread completely out of spite. There must be a reason behind it.

Have you tried contacting said moderator and asking why they deleted it? (In case they didn't give you a reason.)

In case you need them : Forum Rules posted by MentaL

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    ♏ḁԻṧLocation
    1,101Posts

Hello!
    Threads get deleted because they inflict with the rules assigned to that section, if your post was deleted than you must contact that moderator if you do not understand the reason of deletion. Discussing with that moderator could have your post restored, or even edited to fit that sections requirements.
    Our job is to delete and keep the rules in check, This is our job. If you are having any selected problems with a certain moderator, And your post doesn't inflict with the rules and your posts are still getting deleted, than contact a supervisor, or Super Moderator about the situation.
    No wind favors he who has no destined port.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    MERICALocation
    737Posts

I've seen mods completely ignore the fact some people had missing stuff in threads but since their friends they just post to tell them "Hey add this to your post"

DeveloperRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    ♏ḁԻṧLocation
    1,101Posts

If you feel there is favoritism, or unfair play at work, All I can suggest too you is to report it to a super moderator or Supervisor so they can look into the issue.
    No wind favors he who has no destined port.

GammaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    Relative to YouLocation
    3,206Posts

I can assure you that none of the moderators are biased, Killerwoody.

If a moderator deletes a post or thread than it was because they believed it conflicted with the rules, not because they were biasedly singling somebody out. You were correct to make a thread about the issue though with your concerns.

Just be civil and wait for it to get all sorted.

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,283Posts

If you have a problem with a Moderator you can always contact the sections supervisor or the super moderators will be happy to help you with any issues you have :)

Super ModRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    6,448Posts

@Killerwoody

Please contact me via PM so we can resolve this issue.

Thanks
    ~Shoelace

True MemberRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    MERICALocation
    737Posts

I just feel some mods are biased in certain sections. The private server section is the worst people forget server spec and screen shots all the time.

Super ModRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    6,448Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killerwoody View Post
    I just feel some mods are biased in certain sections. The private server section is the worst people forget server spec and screen shots all the time.
    If you can't read, I'll retype it for you.

Please contact me via PM (Private Message) so we can resolve this issue.

Thanks
    ~Shoelace

All you have to do is read and follow these two stickies that are present in every subsection including the main section in the free MMO servers:

The delete messages means you have forgotten for example the screenshots, if you don't know what that means it means you haven't read the requirements. I cannot edit your thread and take screenshots for you. Server spec is no longer a requirement but you would've known that if you had read the requirements again.

So it all comes down to you not reading the requirements, not that any of the mods are biased.
    Forum Rules / Donate If You Can / Contact Me
    "For if I am not to be their Sheppard, I must be their Wolf"

Alpha MaleRank
    Mar 2012 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    2,283Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mucskiiiiii View Post
    All you have to do is read and follow these two stickies that are present in every subsection including the main section in the free MMO servers:

The delete messages means you have forgotten for example the screenshots, if you don't know what that means it means you haven't read the requirements. I cannot edit your thread and take screenshots for you. Server spec is no longer a requirement but you would've known that if you had read the requirements again.

So it all comes down to you not reading the requirements, not that any of the mods are biased.
    Isn't there a part of the delete process where it tells you to put in your reasoning?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndaquil View Post
    Isn't there a part of the delete process where it tells you to put in your reasoning?
    That part seems to be broken or disabled for now.
    Forum Rules / Donate If You Can / Contact Me
    "For if I am not to be their Sheppard, I must be their Wolf"

LegendRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    CampingLocation
    5,594Posts

RZ has a strict set of guidelines that all staff must follow. That includes closing and/or deleting a thread if it doesn't comply with a certain section's guidelines or rules. If there is a staff member that you feel is biased by breaking the staff code, then the matter should be dealt with privately with a Supervisor or Super Moderator.

We understand your frustration but the Suggestions section isn't the right place to handle the issue.

Regards,
    Savage

DeveloperRank
    Apr 2009 Join Date
    1,628Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
    I can assure you that none of the moderators are biased, Killerwoody.

If a moderator deletes a post or thread than it was because they believed it conflicted with the rules, not because they were biasedly singling somebody out. You were correct to make a thread about the issue though with your concerns.

Just be civil and wait for it to get all sorted.
    Everyone is somewhat bias. Claiming that a mod wouldn't be more lenient on a popular member that frequently releases quality content than a user with less than 10 posts to their name is laughable.

On the other hand, at least you get a PM saying it was deleted. I remember some years ago they didn't even do that. It was really annoying to write a good multi-paragraph post just to have it disappear out of no where and have no idea what you did wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement