Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Buy / Trade / Sell section , vote now.

Reaction score
If someone is selling server files, maybe there can be a rule where the buyer connects to the seller through Team Viewer to actually see the files and if they work.

Reaction score
heh, i this has worked in my community and many other communitys, i think you should go for it, obviously there are a lot of rules to go with this new section, but still its a very good idea.

-Joe

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Well, considering all the votes, the community pretty much wants this. Reputation system will, without doubt, help alot with it, as long as reputation is gained the same way as "Thanks", not through the ammount of posts a user possesses.
Person will require at least 50+ posts (to avoid basic spammers).
Member for at least 6+ months
Will need to include a screenshot of the item that is being sold with the persons forum username including the date and ragezone.com on there (to prove its a real item).
All negotiations are to be discussed publicly via the forum, no private sales, this is to avoid any possible future backlash between the sales as a person cannot say (well he told me in a pm..).

Considering the current user system, I think the limit should be changed to 200 posts instead. There for, at 200 posts, the user would gain access to the buy/sell/trade section and their own personal title. That's something I'd look up for, if I had less than 200 posts. 6+ Months , totally agreed.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Being a trader myself, I would love to see this! People are focusing on files and information products, think actual items people! And a feedback system.

EDIT: deffinitely needs to be put in the Neverland ranch, so at least only recognizable members can use it, reduces the risk of scams.

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Well i would donate some cash, but i can do it once i start selling :D

Music<3
Reaction score
I do like this Idea, I'm not worried about Scams that much since there can be systems installed and rules created that will help the buyer decide if the seller is trustworthy or not. The only concern I do have considering this is a MMORPG development section, It will turn into a place where people will start selling MMORPG development related stuff causing development to slow down in many sections, or just turn into a place where money hungry people will sell developed stuff they got for free. When it comes to selling Internet related items (like scripts, sources, even MMORPG accounts) there is also a issue of people selling stuff that isn't theirs. So, A lot of thinking should be put into preventing these things from happening.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
dan i be mod on that section kk pl0x?
lol but seriously dan i want be mod on that section!

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Uhm, question, assuming there is a Vbulletin add-on, would there be the ability to have individual shops (eBay type) ?

Reaction score
What some of you who are for the "free development" thing don't understand is that private server development is not like it was a few years ago. We didn't have as advanced files and as many options as we do now so people were happy to share anything they found.

Now there are a lot of people doing more advanced work on private servers, a lot more work than most people were doing a few years ago. No one wants to give their time away for free. Why spend hours working on something new just to give it away when there is potential to make money off of it?

"Free" private server development has gone out of style. Sure, there are some people and groups out there that will always produce free files, but you have to pay to get the good stuff.

RZ development sections are getting less active because people are moving to forums where they can purchase stuff for a decent price that is far better than the free stuff RZ produces and is less complex to deal with.

Instead of trying to stick with keeping RZ a "free files only" forum, drop that idea for a second and look at it this way:

RZ is a very popular forum. Everyone knows about it, and the people who say they hate this site still view it from time to time. People interested in selling their files already know this. If a section is added where people can sell their work, then people are going to use it. What is the point of me saying that you wonder?

Competition. The #1 complaint people have when other people try to sell their files is "that is way too expensive." People will start to compete with each other to offer the best prices. This will lower the cost of the "better" files out there and make the quality files more available to everyone.

Its time to face the truth; people who want to run quality servers have the money to invest in good files. The only thing offering free files does is create crappy servers that potential players for the actual good servers get lost in.

I'm not saying take away the free stuff. I'm saying adding a section like this would be good for the entire development community. In the end, if a section like this is never added then people will just go to other forums to sell their stuff anyways.

I'd be willing to help out with the section if more people are needed. :p

Reaction score
Being a trader myself, I would love to see this! People are focusing on files and information products, think actual items people! And a feedback system.

EDIT: deffinitely needs to be put in the Neverland ranch, so at least only recognizable members can use it, reduces the risk of scams.

Location wont make a darn but of difference lol.

BACON
Reaction score
Well if it is limited to Alphas+ (Neverland Ranch) then more trusted long term members will try to sell their stuff which would decrease likelihood of scamming

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Then have a sub-section for information products (i.e accounts, files etc) and different rules to go by to help avoid any problems.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I really do like this idea, Dan. As they say, money makes the world go round.

Well if it is limited to Alphas+ (Neverland Ranch) then more trusted long term members will try to sell their stuff which would decrease likelihood of scamming

So your post count determines weather you are to be trusted or not? Then in that case I better get posting to gain some more trust. But honestly, I don't think that this section should only be limited to spammers and older members. We should embrace the community, and see what they have to offer (obviously with the guidelines that Dan mentioned earlier). But hey, that's just my two cents.

Back