Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Buy / Trade / Sell section , vote now.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I really do like this idea, Dan. As they say, money makes the world go round.

So your post count determines weather you are to be trusted or not? Then in that case I better get posting to gain some more trust. But honestly, I don't think that this section should only be limited to spammers and older members. We should embrace the community, and see what they have to offer (obviously with the guidelines that Dan mentioned earlier). But hey, that's just my two cents.

Users will know if you spammed your way to there, so won't trade with them. It defeats the problem of 0 post users that have found your item for sale on google coming and pestering you relentlessly.

BACON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So your post count determines weather you are to be trusted or not? Then in that case I better get posting to gain some more trust. But honestly, I don't think that this section should only be limited to spammers and older members. We should embrace the community, and see what they have to offer (obviously with the guidelines that Dan mentioned earlier). But hey, that's just my two cents.
Generally people with high post counts are more mature and trusted usually because they have been on the forum longer, more active and known within the community.
I know this is not always the case and there is exceptions but in my opinion this is the safest way to do it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Users will know if you spammed your way to there, so won't trade with them. It defeats the problem of 0 post users that have found your item for sale on google coming and pestering you relentlessly.
That's why I said that the guidelines that Dan posted before would be fine which included a 50+ post requirement. But I don't think that you should need 1,500+ posts to be trusted, as that's just absurd. Plus, if you're wanting to sell something wouldn't you want a wider range of people viewing your items? or even if you are purchasing something in that matter, as not everyone in the 1,500+ post range may have that item. That's why IMO a larger percentage of the community should be able to access this section. But if 50 posts is still to low, I'd go with Masius's idea, and that when you get the privilege to change your title at 200 posts you'd also be able to view this section.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
200 posts would be fine, 50 is the other end of absurd.

Reaction score
Generally people with high post counts are more mature and trusted usually because they have been on the forum longer, more active and known within the community.
I know this is not always the case and there is exceptions but in my opinion this is the safest way to do it.

have you met Rishwin? lol

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Selling of server files will not be ALLOWED!!!

i didnt do this.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

haha i lol'd

Also i think making it have a rank limiter, or certain post count would be good, Also Maybe restrict to real life things as Junkers said,like headsets etc ^^, As if sservers. Scripts etc are allowed then all the sections will be dead, All the lets say "Good" coders wont release anything killing it...They wil ljust sell -.-

Yeah maybe a Freelance section in it but not selling server files, Scrips etc

Edit: ignore first part you edited yours while i typed this lol

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Ah, sense! I hear it...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
There will be a lot of scams, but I'm okay with this idea.

Reaction score
You know what would be cool tbh?
Having some sort of EBAY integration. Because i sell alot of things on EBAY and buy things as well... It would be pretty cool if you could display the information of your product from ebay onto a thread and have somewhere u can bid. YES i know it is easier to go straight to the ebay ad spot of your product, but having it this way will help all the lazy guys that can just view the thread and see what is selling or something someone may be buying XD

Idk, just a thought :s

Ps. I saw this modification for SMF, dunno about VB though :eek:

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Having some sort of EBAY integration. Because i sell alot of things on EBAY and buy things as well... It would be pretty cool if you could display the information of your product from ebay onto a thread and have somewhere u can bid. YES i know it is easier to go straight to the ebay ad spot of your product, but having it this way will help all the lazy guys that can just view the thread and see what is selling or something someone may be buying XD

Nah that wouldn't do, might as well just put the link to your eBay...

Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
Seems I can get quite a business going now, thanks!
The original Ragezone idea has been gone since Ragezone started to have ads.
Private server scene is big business.

So if I modify my Tales Runner server files with a simple add-on I could?

Last edited:
Retired
Reaction score
I like the idea. We'd need moderators and other ways to keep scamming out of there though.

I also suggest that you should get the "iTrader" mod for Vbulletin if you decide too. It allows you to leave positive, or negative feedback for the person. Sorta like how ebay has ratings on the person's previous sales. Members would need to use discretion with who they buy and sell too.

I like this suggestion though. So I say go for it!

Reaction score
What you mean

erm, its hard to explain but something like a checkbox asking whether its a ebay item we want to sell.
If it is an ebay item, it could have a box for the item ID were selling and a description box for the description of the item etc...

Lol i know there is a addon for SMF i was saying, but i dont know for Vbulletin.

It's just a good idea for a merchant section if we were to have one, hope u get what i mean though o_o

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
erm, its hard to explain but something like a checkbox asking whether its a ebay item we want to sell.
If it is an ebay item, it could have a box for the item ID were selling and a description box for the description of the item etc...

Lol i know there is a addon for SMF i was saying, but i dont know for Vbulletin.

It's just a good idea for a merchant section if we were to have one, hope u get what i mean though o_o
Well you can do that, by posting it. You wouldn't need the add on.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

eBay integration would be horrible, eBay charge ridiculous fees in a very sneaky way, I am still in debt with them.

Back