Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Buy / Trade / Sell section , vote now.

Reaction score
it is allowed, i dont recall when i said it wasnt lol.

Am I REALLY the only one who read the rules which were mandatory to everyone entering the section? Come on Danny boy, didn't you just write the rules like a few hours ago? :p

#2 : It should go without saying, NO prohibited, classified or illegal items. This includes fake/counterfeit goods, copied media, ANY console cards 'TTDS', 'DSTT' or 'Pandora' batteries etc., cable TV boxes 'NTL' or 'Virgin Media' etc., money swapping' such as bank transfers of £xx paid in to others PayPal account for £xx amount, Google Adwords, group specific discount codes such as 'student card numbers' for example, weapons of any kind, alcohol, tobacco products or illegal substances, age restricted products (eg. pharmaceuticals), sexually explicit items, gaming accounts such as 'Steam' which are non transferable and any similar trades will be expired and closed. NO voucher sales such as Amazon or High Street store or mobile top ups, only like for like trades.

Also Triumph's post + thread closure was another reason why it seemed you had changed your mind, but you've since dealt with that. I suggest you alter the rules lol.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Something I've just noticed might be a good idea to put into the posting guides. Perhaps to not allow users to discuss the items in - topic unless they are interested in the trade, requesting information etc. As it leaves it open to people trying to discourage potential buyers which would/can do the whole section alot of harm with alot of users obviously out to cause trouble from time to time.

Reaction score
*facepalm* fail Dan :p

Also while you're amending the rules, it may be an idea to make sure they specify the currency. Having people post "what currency?!?!?" if it is simply listed as "$100" will create alot of unwanted spam.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just tried to post a PC game, tags became an issue.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if i see a person place $ then i asume its dollar (US) unless otherwise specified, if i see someone place £ them Ill asume hes a UKER and wants pounds.. SImple enough?

But both Canada and USA use the $ sign, and other countries use the same symbols as well. So it would be simpler for people to put $10000 CAD, USA, EURO or whatever currency they use.

Exchange rates = Hate em.

This is just my opinion though :p

Edit: I wonder who will be the clown and try to sell their Ragezone account. I will Lol at them hard xD

Last edited:
Saucepan
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Also Dan, only allow peeps who used to sell with paypal have verified paypal accounts.

Reaction score
You need to make separate sections for physical and virtual items. Having them both in one section isn't a good idea.

Also, it would be good for people selling physical items to specify what country they are in by a tag in the title.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You need to make separate sections for physical and virtual items. Having them both in one section isn't a good idea.

Also, it would be good for people selling physical items to specify what country they are in by a tag in the title.

There's a location displayed in every post, if people are putting in silly locations then it should be up to them to include it in their sale thread, and it should be (or is?) a rule that they do so.

EDIT: MentaL, would it be within the rules to post a product request thread, based on specific outlined products (i.e PC peripherals) on which users could post requesting a product in the category, for the thread starter to source and trade with the user looking for the item.

User: Can you get item X and if so how much will it cost?
OP: Yes, I have that item at cost Y, or I can order that item at cost Y.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just saying it would be easier do to something like,

[US/TX] Selling Xbox

Makes stuff easier to browse through.

But you wouldn't want users to be instantly put off by location, as I'm sure some people like myself are willing to ship worldwide.

It sounds a reasonable enough idea and would probably be nice if we had more people using it right now.

I imagine that over time their will be a certain group of people, or collective if you will, that use it regularily, thus people will begin to know without having to ask where the item is based, although it should always be madatory to include that information.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We aren't "other forums" though. By comparison to other forums we literally are a kindergarten, with the large majority of our members not even being in puberty yet. They can't even read the rules properly in the sections we have now, creating more sections isn't the answer to anything.

Also i think there has to be rules regarding people "auctioning" their stuff. Selling and auctioning are two completely different things, and we definitely do not have the infrastructure for a proper auctioning system. I suggest adding to the rules that only fixed prices are allowed.

I thought the threads were supposed to be moderated also, doesn't every thread in there need to be given the A-OK by a mod before it appears?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We aren't "other forums" though. By comparison to other forums we literally are a kindergarten, with the large majority of our members not even being in puberty yet. They can't even read the rules properly in the sections we have now, creating more sections isn't the answer to anything.

Also i think there has to be rules regarding people "auctioning" their stuff. Selling and auctioning are two completely different things, and we definitely do not have the infrastructure for a proper auctioning system. I suggest adding to the rules that only fixed prices are allowed.

I thought the threads were supposed to be moderated also, doesn't every thread in there need to be given the A-OK by a mod before it appears?

They do need to be ok'd, but I believe this is only possible as a Supervisor or possibly even higher.

I really would like to see a rule put in place for random discussion in that sections, as alot of users are posting absolute garbage on sales threads, even after senior staff have removed posts for the same. Then they are complaining when they are asked to stop, if it is a rule, complaining will stop, because it can be enforced as such.

I entirely agree with Rishwin on auctions, no need or accomadation for them here.

Reaction score
That's what i thought, but if the threads were actually being properly read before being allowed, then those 2 "auction" threads should have never appeared.

Either they should have been denied, or the person reading it would have thought "hmm, i wonder what our stance on Auctions are?" and then found out from Dan so they could amend the rules. Just simply allowing it seems rather... sloppy.

Back