Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Buy / Trade / Sell section , vote now.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ah well i have no problem with ebay but ok. Just a "Suggestion" o_O

No no, it was a perfectly fair suggestion, I just have a gripe with eBay.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm eBay would be cool, just like the Paypal one that comes with vBulletin. I can't think of anything else right now other than if this does happen, there should definitely have the trusted middlemen feature, maybe moderators would be middlemen? Don't know :p Just a suggestion! <3

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm eBay would be cool, just like the Paypal one that comes with vBulletin. I can't think of anything else right now other than if this does happen, there should definitely have the trusted middlemen feature, maybe moderators would be middlemen? Don't know :p Just a suggestion! <3

Trading should be done at the users discretion, dragging moderators into it would only leave them open to accusations of foul play if a trade went wrong.

I would like to say, I have been a user of forums that trade daily, and on 9/10 of the forums the rules are identical, just worded differently, as they have been tried and tested over years of activity.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Trading should be done at the users discretion, dragging moderators into it would only leave them open to accusations of foul play if a trade went wrong.

I would like to say, I have been a user of forums that trade daily, and on 9/10 of the forums the rules are identical, just worded differently, as they have been tried and tested over years of activity.

I guess your right, dragging moderators into it WOULD bring foul play. Still though, there is a lot of factors in this. So many things could go wrong as well.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I guess your right, dragging moderators into it WOULD bring foul play. Still though, there is a lot of factors in this. So many things could go wrong as well.

That's why the usual forum trading rules found across the board should be applied here too, unfortunately I don't think there are many members here that have experience in retail, therefore RaGEZONE will have to go through a process of trial and error that will mean some people coming out very unhappy but eventually the section would come clean of all it's problems.

That's my opinion just, ofcourse it could be wrong, but I'll stick with it.

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of downsides, but with downsides, there are upsides as well. It's up to the community rather or not this would work out. As well as the limits and rules of the section.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems I can get quite a business going now, thanks!
The original Ragezone idea has been gone since Ragezone started to have ads.
Private server scene is big business.

So if I modify my Tales Runner server files with a simple add-on I could?
Its not RZ that change, you can have ads and it wont affect anything even members or even me as member doesnt care about those ads there since most people who visit this are aspiring admins not hardcore gamers.

If only those so called teams doesnt sell their files RZ would still be the same exciting to browse where there may be new leached files :p

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of downsides, but with downsides, there are upsides as well. It's up to the community rather or not this would work out. As well as the limits and rules of the section.

Well put, I think this could do good things for RaGEZONE if the right approach is taken.

I would also like to ask, Dan, if I may, will this be primarily for the sale/purchase of information products i.e in-game items all that lark, or primarily for good hard items, i.e games, peripherals, non-gaming goods etc ?

Was talking to a few of the guys about it on Skype last night but didn't go into too much depth about it.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Selling private server files is just sad, so i pretty much pity those who sell files. Money isn't everything you know...

and yes, what will the section contain exactly? In-game items, accounts, (?) Game cards, (Like Nexon game cards) In-game currency etc or something else?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm putting this in for reference only, to give people an idea what I am talking about, a system such as this would be a great way to go about it, IMO.

For Items (real world, solid)

Make/Brand: Logitech
Type/Model: G15 Keyboard
Accessories: USB/PS2 adapter
Condition: As new
Notes:Comes in box, never used.
Splits/Swaps/Part Exchange: no/yes/no
Price and payment method: 25 GBP, paypal only
Pictures: google

For Information products (files, in-game etc)

Game/Make: WoW
Item:Gold
Type: 100,000
Splits/Swaps/Part Exchange:no/no/no
Price and payment method: 100GBP, paypal only
Pictures: coming soon

Above are templates that could be displayed for each user to copy and paste to use in there posts, all details I have given are for example only. But that's how I would imagine it working best. Underneath this users could give a longer description of their items.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I say go for it. There is a zero risk of scammers and people being ripped off unless you're an idiot and trust the wrong people. This exact same philosophy applies to anything you're doing on the internet at all, so as long as you don't open emails that advertise penis pumps you should do just fine.

Retired
Reaction score
There could also be sales for domain names, websites, different services?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Domain names could be catergorized as information products, traded at the users discretion, services would perhaps be better under their own sub-section? to avoid confusion.

Also a 'BUMP' period, to allow users to shift their stuff without bellowing about it to people in other sections, say 1 'BUMP' allowed every 5 days etc etc? Like I say, all ideas that have been tried and tested, maybe not perfect for ragezone, but sensible at least.

Reaction score
I'm putting this in for reference only, to give people an idea what I am talking about, a system such as this would be a great way to go about it, IMO.

For Items (real world, solid)

Make/Brand: Logitech
Type/Model: G15 Keyboard
Accessories: USB/PS2 adapter
Condition: As new
Notes:Comes in box, never used.
Splits/Swaps/Part Exchange: no/yes/no
Price and payment method: 25 GBP, paypal only
Pictures: google

For Information products (files, in-game etc)

Game/Make: WoW
Item:Gold
Type: 100,000
Splits/Swaps/Part Exchange:no/no/no
Price and payment method: 100GBP, paypal only
Pictures: coming soon

Above are templates that could be displayed for each user to copy and paste to use in there posts, all details I have given are for example only. But that's how I would imagine it working best. Underneath this users could give a longer description of their items.

With that being said, it should also be made apparent by Dan that these are for PRIVATE SALES ONLY. The last thing we want is representatives from WoW gold farmers coming over here and posting their "great deals".

Perhaps you can be a "sponsored merchant" and donate for a new Rank? This 'Rank' can be used for people who want to sell lots of stuff either by themselves or if they have a registered business name? The Rank will indicate that they are a 'trusted' merchant so people will be more inclined to buy from them?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
With that being said, it should also be made apparent by Dan that these are for PRIVATE SALES ONLY. The last thing we want is representatives from WoW gold farmers coming over here and posting their "great deals".

Perhaps you can be a "sponsored merchant" and donate for a new Rank? This 'Rank' can be used for people who want to sell lots of stuff either by themselves or if they have a registered business name? The Rank will indicate that they are a 'trusted' merchant so people will be more inclined to buy from them?

Really like that idea, really. The merchant rank that is. I think it would be great, I for one would have alot of use for it, as I order excess products from manufacturers and suppliers all the time with the intention of selling them on, and sometimes they gather up, so recently I have been contemplating putting a little investment in and opening up, then this little thread came a' calling.

As for making clear note that the sales are private only, totally slipped my mind and would be a MUST, IMO, again.

Reaction score
Well put, I think this could do good things for RaGEZONE if the right approach is taken.

I would also like to ask, Dan, if I may, will this be primarily for the sale/purchase of information products i.e in-game items all that lark, or primarily for good hard items, i.e games, peripherals, non-gaming goods etc ?

Was talking to a few of the guys about it on Skype last night but didn't go into too much depth about it.

Anything can be sold aside from server-files or anything that's illegal you know... I don't want people selling hacking services or stuff like that but I wouldn't mind account sales/trades , but of course. they have to be done publicly.. I don't want no moderator to intervene within the sales due to the simply fact that if there's an issue involved the middleman will be blamed, I don't want no blame for any scams so this is why people need to use their logic.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

I say go for it. There is a zero risk of scammers and people being ripped off unless you're an idiot and trust the wrong people. This exact same philosophy applies to anything you're doing on the internet at all, so as long as you don't open emails that advertise penis pumps you should do just fine.

This is what I'm saying, to be scammed you need to be some what deluded or down right unlucky. The moment people try to scam then all their information will be released via our sticky poop list.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Could sell domains , websites if a user wanted, I doubt people will buy them from here though given you got much better websites for that sort of thing.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Yea the merchant would be amazing, I know I'd be applying for it :p. for a few things I do.

Applying , as in MOD? I think the best form of moderators would be myself, exy, supers and possibly supervisors.

Saucepan
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How about posting a link of a page you made on ebay.

Back