Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

BYOND forum section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
byondbanner.jpg

Hello! I'd like to suggest adding a BYOND forum section. I'm sure that there are a lot of people who still enjoy classic 2D games and I know that most of you may not know what BYOND is and what it is for, so I will write a little review(kinda like A/Q) about it.

Q: What is BYOND?
A: BYOND is a community for making & playing 2D online multiplayer games. As a player you get to enjoy hundreds of games made by normal people and players just like you. As a developer you get to create your own game with unique features using an easy-to-learn programming language, built-in support. built-in map engine and lots of developer tools. IT'S COMPLETELY FREE

Q: How to get started?
A: You need to go to and download the free client. Then in the same website register and account and then activate it from the email you've received.

Q: What featured does it have?
A: BYOND has featured no other game maker has. It is completely free, it has free developer tools, you can make profit from it, the programming language is easy to learn and yet powerful, BYOND has built-in support. Also the client of BYOND support a 'pager' which is kind of a messenger where you can send messages and invite people to your game. It has a friend function, bookmarks and personal hub where you can post info about you and your games.

Q: What kind of games does BYOND offer?
A: From my experience I can say that there are a lot of types and genres. RPG games, TD games, MMORPG games (Like DBZ, Bleach, Naruto games and etc), Survival games, Zombie games, RTS games, Shooting games and etc.

Q: What OS does BYOND support?
A: BYOND supports: Win98/2000/XP/Vista/7

That's all I can think of now, I really hope that you will vouch for this. If you have any other questions about BYOND feel free to post them in the thread.

Best regards

Can't kilean the zilean
Reaction score
[*]He can deal with trollers

Yeaaaaaa with his beautiful accent :zippy:

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
The website? You mean the byond website? I got nothing to with it, I'm not like a part of the team there or sth, just a normal user. :]

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've been on and off of BYOND for years. I can say it was a good time back in the day, so I totally support this!

GFX Maniac
Reaction score
Never heard about it, but got interested, will be good to have fun and learn something cool at least, be sure to post cool tutorials ^^

+1 for this

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Well I did consider that, but I'm making my own game while studying the language so I'm doing everything on my own, except the graphics. Iconning some of them on my own and ripped some from RPG Maker XP and might consider releasing them. Not really a fan of copying other sources. :]

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Depends which version you like. Some people doesn't like XP since it seems kinda more advanced with its features compared to the VX version. I like the graphics of the XP one mainly the tile sets, so thats why I'm using them in my game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back