Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Change of Rules in Habbo Section

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I believe 1 rule needs to change in the Habbo Section, and that rules, to allow us to change share our Skype info.

Why?
Well because people like me are more hands on, when I mean hands is by just fixing the problem over TeamViewer.

Is it a risk?
Well of course its gonna be a risk, but it's risk that people will have to take correct? Plus what could happen to RaGEZONE by sharing these information? Absolutely nothing.

Well I made my piece, my rant.

Reaction score
"Don't ask people their skype, facebook or anything else. Keep it on the forums."

The rule was made to keep help threads on the forums. People making threads like:

"Please help. Error when loading emulator. Add me on skype: /name/"

doesn't add anything for the section and people that may run into the same error in the future are not able to use the thread as a reference to solve it for them (again).

If you want someones skype, then ask them through PM. Just don't make help threads only asking for people their skype / facebook / IM only to get helped through there. They are considered spam and will be deleted.

Cheers.

Reaction score
More people can have the same problem, and not all will contact you on skype.
When you post the fix of the problem in the thread, more people will be able to fix it, and you won't have to help every single person via TeamViewer.

But like Cyndaquil said, you can just pm them your details :sleep:

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Then why add this to the rules?

general just said it... the threads can be a reference to other users too...
while doing it privately is no point... its the same as skype...

The forums are supposed to be used as a community for the community by the community ( quote of A.Lincoln )

Reaction score
general just said it... the threads can be a reference to other users too...
while doing it privately is no point... its the same as skype...

The forums are supposed to be used as a community for the community by the community ( quote of A.Lincoln )

Someone actually understands.

Fun thing is, I was the last one updating the rules x). So there you got your answer from someone who updated them. Keep in mind visors and supers still have to agree on the rule changes. It is not that moderators can simply change the things to their liking. All has to be verified.

Reaction score
You can pm others privately and ask them to add you on skype, but posting something a long the lines of, "yo add me on skype pls halp habbo.com," kinda' just derails the thread and we like to keep threads on topic and related to the forum.

As far as rule changes go, it can be brought up but then the powers that be (visors and supers) vote and decide if the change should actually happen :)

Reaction score
Then why add this to the rules?

that mean, don't create a thread contain : please help me, PM... please help me, my skype : bla bla bla
if you create help thread make sure to ask your problem, and done it on that thread...
if you intend to ask someone, do it on PM, don't create any thread contain that...
for exception if it seem hard to detect the problem, it's allowed to ask for skype, but do it on PM, don't replay on your thread contain : check your PM, i send you my skype/teamviewer.
and make sure to post the solution you got from teamviewer to your thread, so people who got the same problem, know how to solve it

Reaction score
If you ask helps privately because you don't trust on who will have your serverfiles to analyse, I think it's one thing. Some people (which asks for skype) will probably don't ever back to the thread after solving it. Depending of the people, will tell how it got solved, so I think it's pretty basic to understand that.
If you always keep everything on the forum, as like you need to people check your server files and all, add them to skype?

Else that, I think everything should be on forum only, and shouldn't go outside it. You can send Server Files thro PM for analysing tho.

My vouch for this rule is no, but there must be an easier way to contact the person who is helping with the one who needs the help, as instant message or something. Nothing a forum can handle, btw. So it's basically an: no vouch from me

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
I'm considering to add this rule to the WarRock section aswell since it gets a lot of post with the content such as "Can you add me on Skype : x INSERT SKYPENAME HERE x" or "Can you give your skype" etc. Very annoying and like The General said, it doesn't contribute to the section.

Back