Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Clean up Habbo Hotel rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
To whoever gives a damn;

In my opinion the rules are not clear. When reporting a post because it doesn't accomply with the rules, from what I can see, I get a response back that a certain type of release doesn't require a screenshot altough that is not clear from the rules.

I'm referring to this thread: https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/1-downloader-1087636/

Which I reported for not having a screenshot and receive the response: Tools do not require screenshots. Proof:

Nowhere in the Habbo Hotel section rules it says that tools don't require a screenshot as stated here: https://forum.ragezone.com/f353/rules-habbo-hotel-releases-section-241414/

The rules have always been clear and straightforward saying (along the lines of):

"Every release must include atleast 1 screenshot / snippet to provide validity of the release. Failing to do so will result into a warning and / or infraction."

This rule has been in place since dinosaurs were wiped out.

It now says:

Every release must atleast include 1 screenshot / image. These are mostly applied to CMS' and whole Customs & Layouts sections. Anything that also includes ingame features shall also contain a screenshots (such as for repairs or emulators), in which you shall provide some proof of some of the ingame features. If a moderator suspects that the thread doesn't have enough proof of validation, he must require the OP to add screenshots or/and snippets.
This helps partially prove the validity of threads. Failure to provide a screenshot will result in a warning and thus an infraction."

Which is way too long and not clear. Rules should be straight forward and not bend in any way to accomodate some persons personal belief. Making exceptions on rules, especially in a release section, is a source for confusion and causes users in the Habbo Hotel section more likely to break them.

I suggest to change back the rules to how they were. Moderators of the Habbo Hotel section, supervisors and super moderators can view the post history by clicking on the last edit message for easy rollback.

Cheers,

Wesley

PS: Azure emulator doesn't require a specific mention in the rules.

Headsup:
Not4You vLife ChewBecca Kreeate Shoelace asesinato Droppy and tagging Junkers cos he's been around when he even had no beard.

EDIT 2:

[19:37:14] Shoelace: Nah I don't think a screenshot is needed for a tool
[19:40:27] Wesley: people want to know what they download
[19:40:34] Wesley: and it easily helps identify copied content
[19:40:42] Wesley: as it is easier recognizable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why do you tag us when you know the Chain of Command? You know you should contact the section moderators and they will then bring it up with his Visors if it needs to be addressed..

Droppy probably won't change his mind as he changed the rules, asesinato offline. Shoelace denies saying a tool is a tool and only with furniture its aplicable and the rules are clear. So then we're at the super mods.

Reaction score
Droppy probably won't change his mind as he changed the rules, asesinato offline. Shoelace denies saying a tool is a tool and only with furniture its aplicable and the rules are clear. So then we're at the super mods.

From Main Forum Rules :

These rules are subject to change.

Like I said before... Rules are set, yes. But they are ALSO subject to CHANGE at the DISCRETION of the current MODERATOR.

Got it NOW?

Reaction score
From Main Forum Rules :

Like I said before... Rules are set, yes. But they are ALSO subject to CHANGE at the DISCRETION of the current MODERATOR.

Got it NOW?

And I make the suggestion they are unclear and should be simplified. Or atleast the exceptions listed as in the handled ticket it says it doesn't apply to tools but nowhere in the rules thats found. Therefor droppy (assuming he handled it) stating a new exception, atleast for me, thats not in the Habbo Hotel rules.

If things like this are unclear, there end up being differences in how moderators deal with the rules & reports as one reads it and sees well no exceptions are in the rules so the report is valid whereas somebody else has a certain idea which may include exceptions being made.

Yes rules change in time. Everything changes and change is not always bad. When changes are unclear, they are.

Don't get me wrong, I think they could be simplified and that a report message saying there are exceptions which are not listed should either be added or the rules must be enforced no matter what context. It says a release must include a screenshot. Tool is being released in the releases section (/f353) and therefor must be enforced, by each moderator equally.

Reaction score
And I make the suggestion they are unclear and should be simplified. Or atleast the exceptions listed as in the handled ticket it says it doesn't apply to tools but nowhere in the rules thats found. Therefor droppy (assuming he handled it) stating a new exception, atleast for me, thats not in the Habbo Hotel rules.

If things like this are unclear, there end up being differences in how moderators deal with the rules & reports as one reads it and sees well no exceptions are in the rules so the report is valid whereas somebody else has a certain idea which may include exceptions being made.

You are the only one complaining about this. Have you got nothing better to do? Who made you Moderator Umpire anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back