Quote Originally Posted by Crawl View Post
    Isn't Club Penguin a game for children?
    Umm So is Habbo.com

True MemberRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    ReginaLocation
    1,068Posts

Re: Club Penguin Private Sever Section

Habbo is a childish game, but easy to develop with.
    I guess if thats what they want to play, let them, you have no right to tell them otherwise. Habbo is not for teens, its for anyone who wants to play. Now shut the fuck up. You have a fully operating CPPS but your going to have to consider windows compatibitly as well, so start looking more into it and when your REALLY ready to have a section, then suggest one. But there is nothing wrong with this idea, might bring some new users to ragezone and thats what we all want, no?

True MemberRank
    Sep 2007 Join Date
    ScotlandLocation
    764Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Me, Thats who.. Now get off my thread if your here to flame.
    Let me just make a few things clear. You can't possibly tell me to get 'off your thread' and also its you're not your.

Now let me ask one question, why would you want to make a club penguin private server? What is going to be different from the real club penguin? I don't really see much point in this.

EDIT: I'm not a Habbo player but actually Habbo is not a game for children, it's designed for teenager hence why in registration you need to be 13 years of age or older.

GammaRank
    Nov 2007 Join Date
    Boob Island, BILocation
    3,118Posts

Could have sworn I posted yesterday but can't find my post. @Crawl, I wouldn't say anything, if the guys wants to make a Club Penguin server then let him, Habbo is no better than Club Penguin. Also, I don't think that the section would be active enough to maintain if I'm being honest. Plus, if you're advertising, you shouldn't advertise in your own thread.

Skype - el_jamie

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    QuebecLocation
    2,245Posts

I'm curious to know what extend you would update/upgrade the game?

-o)
    /\\
    _\_V
    The Penguin is "ALWAYS WATCHING".. HEHE

True MemberRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    ReginaLocation
    1,068Posts

Quote Originally Posted by omnija View Post
    I'm curious to know what extend you would update/upgrade the game?
    This can only be found, with a supportable section.
    So what if its inactive? It gets archived and what? boo-hoo. Atleast it will be there, So just let it be and stop trying to find a way around it. And for the people saying that flaming is allowed - You are incorrect, its against the rules. So don't.

Also, Habbo is for KIDS, Not teens. You really think that you signed up with your real birthday the first time? No.. You really were thirteen the first time? no.. And its just like those TOS you get on a software that's 10 pages, you don't give a fuck. You just click accept. Now quit your bitching, Habbo is a social game made for preteens with no lifes.

Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    Lincoln, UKLocation
    2,009Posts

Whilst I oppose to those teasing about how some still develop for such a game - I highly doubt the developers for the real Club Penguin, despite actually on a paid job and highly experienced are any younger than 18.

However, I can see no potential in a private server of Club Penguin, considering the user-base for such a game is around 6-13. I've no idea how someone of that age could possibly understand the concept of 'private-server', have the ability to find one, or even provide some sort of 'income' towards the developers via a 'member subscription', etc.
    Last edited by n0minal; 10-05-12 at 09:39 PM.
    I strive to deliver usable products with a strong, prudent focus on user experience and human-computer interaction.

Message me for contact information or find me on LinkedIn.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2012 Join Date
    ReginaLocation
    1,068Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n0minal View Post
    Whilst I oppose to those teasing about how some still develop for such a game - I highly doubt the developers for the real Club Penguin, despite actually on a paid job and highly experienced are any younger than 18.

However, I can see no potential in a private server of Club Penguin, considering the user-base for such a game is around 6-13. I've no idea how someone of that age could possibly understand the concept of 'private-server', have the ability to find one, or even provide some sort of 'income' towards the developers via a 'member subscription', etc.
    Habbo-tard says income.
    Doesn't matter if the people playing don't know how to create one, Its not about that rly.
    There was this one server my friend linked me to, ICP or something. Had 'quite a few' people on that. And when I say 'quite a few' I mean alot. And when I say alot I mean alot.
    So if someone knows how to make a CPP, then they can. They cant? They do there research and find out how. Habbo is made up of people 8-16 and I managed to find out how to make a V24 retro when I was 8. So have some hope, and stop arguing.

Alpha MaleRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    Lincoln, UKLocation
    2,009Posts

I'd like you to take a moment and thoroughly read over my post.

I don't recall saying that the players, as young as they may be are expected to be able to develop. That's ridiculous! If my post is so hard to digest, let me summarise for you;
    • I am not opposed to the general idea.
    • I'm not sure how the developer is supposed to gain a reasonable user-base.
    • I don't understand why you think I am arguing.
    • I don't know how the developer is supposed to support server costs, when catering for a very young audience.
    • By income, I am not referring to 'profit'.
    • By income, I am referring to supporting server expenses - if any, on what I assume to be a small user-base!
    I strive to deliver usable products with a strong, prudent focus on user experience and human-computer interaction.

Message me for contact information or find me on LinkedIn.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    1,358Posts

Considering the fact we had a hello kitty online section I see no problem with club penguin. To be honest I'd probably make one just for nostalgia purposes :P

MemberRank
    Jan 2012 Join Date
    39Posts

Tons of Teens I know have been trying to develop a Private Server. Although, Club Penguin Private Servers doesn't really interest me, I think it would be nice for a section.

True MemberRank
    Jan 2011 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    930Posts

Habbo is for teens, although lots of children (noobs) play it ~_~

On the topic of a Club Penguin section, that actually doesn't seem like a bad idea. From what I know, there is only one Club Penguin retro - Divides xD. Something could lead on from here... Soon Disney will be the next Sulake xD
    Hi there :-)

Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    Down undah mateLocation
    1,637Posts

habbo is for faggots;

club penguin is for pedophiles;

that is all.

+1 for this section

EDIT: JESUS FCUKING CHRIST ZIPPY IS GONEQQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Dang View Post
    Ho chi minh ! Vietnam vietnam walao walao la la ho chi minhhhhhh! i drink nuoc mam like its water!

True MemberRank
    Nov 2010 Join Date
    :O You PERVERT!Location
    1,149Posts

there is a ultimate club penguin team so, yes there are devs 4 it

Alpha MaleRank
    Jun 2008 Join Date
    QuebecLocation
    2,245Posts

I don't exactly under stand why everyone keeps referring to habbo? Isn't this thread suppose to be a Yes i agree or no i disagree for a section? From the looks of it most of you disagree for the age purpose, while other disagree because your habbo fans? Like i said a post back people have kids, nephews, young cousins they want to host servers for or over watch them to assure nothing bad happens to them while playing. Besides that point, an emulator for a server should always be allowed to a forum community built off servers and emulation. But as for emulation, a lot of emulators are also made so players don't have to pay for so so items and so so coins. I'm not sure if CPP did that at all, but i do know other games did like bitty bay, making 7 year old's pay for coins or extra features. If the game does have something of that sort then having pserver would be another good reason to emulate it for younger audience.

I for one agree to this, and have come to know a lot of people on ragezone who wanted to host this type of server for there own purpose, and have also saw someone create a server for bitty bay. If these people would of had more support for there projects,they could of had sections and more activity already. I also guarantee a lot of people will create and host them just for the pure knowledge of saying they did.

The one thing i think everyone isn't really thinking about, is when the official servers close down... what then? At least when someone has emulated it before so, for w/e reason it can still be used and played.
    Last edited by Omnija; 11-05-12 at 02:57 PM.

-o)
    /\\
    _\_V
    The Penguin is "ALWAYS WATCHING".. HEHE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Advertisement