Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Competition/Raffles Notifications?

Photoshop Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay so there was a lovely Facebook competition that went on, AND I MISSED IT, even though I'm practically on RaGEZONE 24/7. I feel users should receive an automatic raffle/competition notification, therefore people won't feel gutted because they missed it. I'm even more disappointed in the fact that the prize was yourname@ragezone.com, and I've wanted a custom email for a long time, and being @ragezone.com would be simply awesome. So yeah, I don't want to miss another competition etc. And I'm sure nobody else does, so what do you think?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Okay so there was a lovely Facebook competition that went on, AND I MISSED IT, even though I'm practically on RaGEZONE 24/7. I feel users should receive an automatic raffle/competition notification, therefore people won't feel gutted because they missed it. I'm even more disappointed in the fact that the prize was yourname@ragezone.com, and I've wanted a custom email for a long time, and being @ragezone.com would be simply awesome. So yeah, I don't want to miss another competition etc. And I'm sure nobody else does, so what do you think?

If you read the Announcement section you would of seen that there was a competition on. The announcement section is where everything is announced so check that section abit more.

Photoshop Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you read the Announcement section you would of seen that there was a competition on.

I don't think everyone's going to check the Announcement section every day, I know I don't.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Subscribe to the RSS feed? They don't seem to be working for me like they used to. :(:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yea... I'm don't really want to know about competitions, and would consider it "spam", but I used to subscribe to sections I was interested in. (now I just check them daily)

The is still up (suggesting the feature wasn't deliberately disabled) but I can't seem to connect to them as I used to (just clicked the orange "RSS" icon in the address bar, and bookmarked that dynamic page) or follow the instructions given in the notification.

--- EDIT ---
Okay... I checked it out, and it's a feature that was "dropped" ( ) in my browser. The URL is external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=71. In Mozilla browsers you can make a "Live Bookmark" which updates wherever anything changes, but I think all the major browsers and many mail and calendar programs have RSS support, and you can also get a bucket load of desktop widgets. Just paste the URL into any of those (whichever is most convenient for you, that you regularly use) and it will notify you any time there is an announcement. :D:

There's a "Windows Desktop Gadget" (apparently) included to read RSS feeds. Sadly, it seems Yahoo! Widgets has been closed, so XP is going to be hard. It had tonnes of good feed readers. There is a few for MacOS too. I'm sure I'd just do a grep from wget on Linux. XD

Last edited:
Photoshop Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yea... I'm don't really want to know about competitions, and would consider it "spam", but I used to subscribe to sections I was interested in. (now I just check them daily)

The is still up (suggesting the feature wasn't deliberately disabled) but I can't seem to connect to them as I used to (just clicked the orange "RSS" icon in the address bar, and bookmarked that dynamic page) or follow the instructions given in the notification.

--- EDIT ---
Okay... I checked it out, and it's a feature that was "dropped" (or rather, hidden) in my browser. The URL is RaGEZONE - MMORPG development forums - The Headquarters. In Mozilla browsers you can make a "Live Bookmark" which updates wherever anything changes, but I think all the major browsers and many mail and calendar programs have RSS support, and you can also get a bucket load of desktop widgets. Just paste the URL into any of those (whichever is most convenient for you, that you regularly use) and it will notify you any time there is an announcement. :D:

There's a "Windows Desktop Gadget" (apparently) included to read RSS feeds. Sadly, it seems Yahoo! Widgets has been closed, so XP is going to be hard. It had tonnes of good feed readers. There is a few for MacOS too. I'm sure I'd just do a grep from wget on Linux. XD

Thank you for the great help aha. :D:

Back