Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Complain] Swordsman section moderator inactivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would like to suggest and appointment of a new moderator to this forum section as these 3 moderators are not doing what they should be.

The forum section as is is a total mess, duplicate topics are made, posts that are breaking forum rules are not removed. Non of these 3 moderators that are currently moderating are doing what they are supposed to do.

In order to prove my case I will give an example topic with a post that violates one of the main RAGEZONE rules.

Case nr. 1:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f869/swordsman-ver130-1017286/index4.html

A post 1 week old violates RAGEZONE general forum rule nr. 3 which states and I quote: "Do not create posts with just smilies."

Non of the moderators have checked this topic and dealt with it.

Case nr. 2:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f871/map-1011450/
http://forum.ragezone.com/f871/map-doesnt-help-please-1014941/

Two topics with the same problem. Non of the moderators have noticed this and I found it just by looking in that section. This was created 3 weeks ago. And the same person posted before that into another topic and bumbed a very old one, more than 2 weeks old one. Moderators did not even bother to explain this to him.

I would like that these moderators receive a warning for not doing what they should be doing and or are replaced with moderators that will do it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi

Two of the mods are supervisors and so their job is to police the entire MMO section and not swordman specifically. As per Jangan i guess he is just lazy! Also, always use the report button!

Well your saying he is lazy I am saying he is not that active anymore. I would like you to look into this as it is quite important.
Also, I think that this is a section that will just grow as Swordsman is a new game, and without proper moderation the section will not be live for long. Look what happened to Ogame section... I used to love it, read every topic, but without contributors it is quite dead now.

That is what happens when forum does not have someone who contributes and looks over the section. That is why I am asking to appoint more moderators as moderator in our, normal user eyes is a person that is trying to make the section better by helping new people find their way around. Moderator has to be the one who is active and listens to users. Otherwise what is the point of having them? They cannot fully moderate a section if they don't know what it is about. I am actually comparing a moderator to a judge, as that what moderator is he decides ether a topic and or post is breaking the rules or not.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Moderators are not there to contribute to the section that is just a plus if they can. The sections keep active because the users are there to develop and release new stuff, this isn't part of the moderator role. Also you are doing a lot of complaining of things are being clean and not being dealt with however I see 0 reports from you, you could also help out the moderators and supervisors by reporting the rule breaking posts and threads because not every moderator has the time to read through every thread because some moderators don't have the time to do that, help them out and report things that you believe are breaking the rules. Also you are complaining about the section losing activity, you haven't posted in the swordsman online section since 15/05/14 so maybe you could help and contribute.

Supervisors are not there to read through every single thread because they moderate the whole MMO dev section so it is almost impossible for them to do so. As said above, to solve the issue, report things. Also the supervisors are doing a great job, Jamesdeals with almost all the reports I do and I do a lot of reports so complaining about the supervisors just isn't a valid point.

If you have problem with a moderators activity then you should of taken it to one of the supervisors or super moderators.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Also you are doing a lot of complaining of things are being clean and not being dealt with however I see 0 reports from you, you could also help out the moderators and supervisors by reporting the rule breaking posts and threads because not every moderator has the time to read through every thread because some moderators don't have the time to do that, help them out and report things that you believe are breaking the rules.

If the moderators do not have time for that then why not give the privilages to those who do have time for that ? Are you a moderator just to have the green title or to actually help the community?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
If the moderators do not have time for that then why not give the privilages to those who do have time for that ? Are you a moderator just to have the green title or to actually help the community?

Moderators are given the role to help clean the section, not everyone has the time every day to look through every thread, the moderator role is voluntary and moderators do have lives. If you report something, I am pretty sure it will get handled.

Bringing me into this isn't acceptable. I am a moderator however both my section are evolution sections which you do not visit. I am active everyday and report many posts daily, I have over 1000+ reports in total. Please keep on topic.

Reaction score
1: Also you are doing a lot of complaining of things are being clean and not being dealt with however I see 0 reports from you,

2: Supervisors are not there to read through every single thread because they moderate the whole MMO dev section
Also the supervisors are doing a great job,
1: And every post I report falls on deaf ears, so there is some kind of point?

2: We're not here to discuss or attack the supervisors,we are discussing the mod. (can be seen that supervisors show up as mods, so it's a confusion that can be made fairly easily)

Bringing me into this isn't acceptable. I am a moderator however both my section are evolution sections which you do not visit. I am active everyday and report many posts daily, I have over 1000+ reports in total. Please keep on topic.

I believe that's called "an example" how you take it is up to you

Reaction score
Moderators aren't machines, from the stats that I can see Jangan is doing just fine. Swordsman online isn't that active of a section, so it doesn't require 24/7 management, and yes, the few things that you've showed have slipped through the cracks, but it's not easy to go through every single post in a section and make sure it's not breaking the rules. We keep things as tidy as we can, but we're only human.

All this complaining isn't making your friends application anymore "attractive" to us, to be honest, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Also Psytrac, our reports are logged and I can view easily from your profile that you've only reported one post the entire time you've been a member of RaGEZONE.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Swordsman online isn't that active of a section, so it doesn't require 24/7 management,

3 weeks.. 3 days.. not an active section. should be easy to mod, no? Then how does something remain for 3 weeks?

All this complaining isn't making your friends application anymore "attractive" to us, to be honest, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Also nice of you to assume that people are friends, you don't even take into account other possibilities. Can one's on merits not speak for themselves, you have to attack someone's very opinion, when you make yours sound like gold?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Reaction score
Also Psytrac, our reports are logged and I can view easily from your profile that you've only reported one post the entire time you've been a member of RaGEZONE.

that is so freakin bogus because I know how many I've reported, and if only one shows, then where did all the others go? because I remember just about every report I made, how did all of them suddenly vanish? if they are ignored, do they still appear? if the post is moderated and deleted, do they?

Reaction score
Just report and wait, and in the right time the report will be handled.
You'll die if wait the report be handled? Just report and forget, you makes your part, now let the other party do their job.

People like to complain about random poop.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi

Two of the mods are supervisors and so their job is to police the entire MMO section and not swordman specifically. As per Jangan i guess he is just lazy! Also, always use the report button!

Then he's not doing his part as a "Moderator" of the Swordsman Online section.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
that is so freakin bogus because I know how many I've reported, and if only one shows, then where did all the others go? because I remember just about every report I made, how did all of them suddenly vanish? if they are ignored, do they still appear? if the post is moderated and deleted, do they?
Reports never get deleted, they never vanish. Ignored? They are never being ignored as well, as a report cannot be ignored. Moderators will receive a notification about every single report in their section(s). The status of the report has to be updated before the notification will go away. You can see all your reports and their status by clicking on this link: http://forum.ragezone.com/misc.php?do=myreports.

Reports will never be deleted, even when there has been dealt with the report. If you have reported lots of times and they are not being shown, that means you reported posts a couple of years ago, when this system did not exist yet. Which also means that the Swordsman Online section did not exist back then.

Then he's not doing his part as a "Moderator" of the Swordsman Online section.
Under what part does this "not doing his aprt of Moderator" fall? We cannot check every single post in every single thread to look for rulebreaking posts. In matter affect, it helps a lot by reporting the posts, hence the report button.

Reaction score
That's not the point, there are other people who are active and willing to moderate a section and yet the current moderator is never there.

Then let them put out a moderator application and have the community's voice be heard, hence why we have public suggestion and mod applications. No need to turn this into an aggressive debate. I'll add an additional suitable moderator once found so if anyone wishes to put an application then do so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back