Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Console Emulation section?

Reaction score
It's what I've been wanting to get into. Such as CHIP-8/SCHIP, N64, PS1/PS2, GameBoy, etc..

Their is plenty of documentation available on the internet, just not many decent places to share ideas with or get help.
All the forums I've stumbled across are mean or idiots. =(

Reaction score
Nice job of spamming Tack, Anyways i support this because it might even help people who are making emulations for servers too.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I support this. I'd be highly interested and active in a section like this and also be willing to gather and/or write some of my own guides for console emulations. Oh, "Your Master" is right by the way, other - if not all - communities that partake in console emulation usually are idiotic and incomprehensible; seeing how well RageZone functions together it'd be a great hit. It all depends on Dan of course :p

Reaction score
All you need to know about any console emulator is on their websites. You wouldn't be able to post roms here either because its warez.

There would be no point in having a console emulation section.

The original idea of this thread was about development - coding an emulator. I don't really care about downloading and using console emulators nor ROM's, there are plenty of websites out their for that.

cats addicted
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not all consoles needs roms. Try to make a dreamcast emu. There are many homegrown programs out there that are legal to copy. Also there is a linux dist that is running on it. Check Wikipedia :wink:

Reaction score
You mean OLD school stuff? I wonder if we can some how get around hot linking to Roms (hosted on rapidshare for example).

I'm talking about building actual emulators. Write interpreters/compilers/assemblers for them, etc.. But see, this is my point on this post:
Their is plenty of documentation available on the internet, just not many decent places to share ideas with or get help.

A lot of people who want to take a step into developing emulators are told to start with CHIP8 due to it's simplicity. But, that is pretty well the best documentation available (well that I found). That discourages them people extremely, and most will wind up quitting when people start screaming "OMG LEARN 2 CODE FIRST NUB".

And about ROM's, you could take a look at Emu paradise ToS or see how they are getting around it.

Last edited:
Legendary Trio - Chocolate Rain
Legend
Reaction score
You mean OLD school stuff? I wonder if we can some how get around hot linking to Roms (hosted on rapidshare for example).

if the games are old enough then the copyright on them essentially runs out so depending on the game and system you may be able to link to them legally but you'd have to find the exact dates for all of them first.

WowIwasSuperCringeB4
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This would be cool to get into, and learn something new. Support.

Back