Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

delete own posts

Reaction score
Anyone can delete their own post as far as I'm aware. At least you used to be able to anyway.

I found how to delete a message.

For future reference: you click on edit, then there are four buttons "save, go advanced, delete, and cancel". There you can select to delete, and it will confirm; to confirm you change the radio button from "Do Not Delete Message" to "Delete Message"; then click "Delete This Message" (and you can even enter a reason for deletion)

This was from someone else and I'm pretty sure its still valid.

Reaction score
Yes i know that's how it is done, but it's not there.

AFAIK the feature was removed a long time ago because people who wrote guides ect would delete their own posts if they got into a feud and decided to leave the forum. It also became extremely hard to follow conversations when people would just go through threads and delete their posts.

I don't see any reason why it should be re-instated.

Reaction score
Because well.. I want to be able to delete my own posts? Or my threads even.

As for the thing you were talking about, people deleting own posts and leaving the forum, they can do absolutely the same by editing their post to "....", so, you know.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Define how long a long time ago is. What I quoted above was said to me 2 months ago. For me the option is still there but that could just be me. A member from my section has also deleted their own thread 5 days ago so you certainly can still delete your own posts and threads.

Perhaps only certain sections have this.

I do see how it can be come an issue deleting your own posts and threads. It would be better to have the option to delete only available for a short time so users don't delete posts from way back in the past.

Reaction score
I don't see what the problem is with Editing out the content of your post and then PM'ing a mod to delete it.

Sounds to me like someone is missing his mod powers.

The difference is, I'm pretty sure Super Mods/Exy/Dan have the power to view posts in their original form, before they were edited. Or view several instances of each post, to show what changes were made with every edit.

Reaction score
Sounds to me like someone is missing his mod powers.
Might want to get your ears examined then.

The difference is, I'm pretty sure Super Mods/Exy/Dan have the power to view posts in their original form, before they were edited. Or view several instances of each post, to show what changes were made with every edit.
And how does it differ from when they press "view deleted post" as neither mods nor members could ever hard delete?

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

I don't see what the problem is with Editing out the content of your post and then PM'ing a mod to delete it.
Could be the 56406 hours delay, stupid slow private messages system and sections without moderators.

Reaction score
When your only reason for wanting to delete your own posts is "because i want to/should be able to", of course I'm going to assume it has something to do with being a regular member again.

I guess unless you actually provide a valid reasoning behind it, there's no way to prove me wrong is there?

It differs, because there is a valid reason for editing your own posts. Typos or adding in extra details. What is the valid reasoning for being able to delete them?

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Could be the 56406 hours delay, stupid slow private messages system and sections without moderators.

Of course you couldn't contact Dan, Exy, an smod, or a supervisor? Hrmmm, that IS odd...

Subscriber and Mod!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Apparently you can delete posts in certain sections depending on your post count
e.g. maplestory help section. I can delete my posts there but you have to also have a certain post count as well.
It's good that you cant' delete your own threads because some valuable information might be still there. A moderator deleting your thread is fine but it's sometimes good to delete your own posts

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know, perhaps double posts(yes it is possible), double threads, or the fact that I hate that "Last edited by foxx; 14 Minutes Ago at 10:35 AM." whereas I'd rather delete that post and rewrite it completely.

Besides I don't really have to explain anything to you. Deleting own post is a standart forum feature and unless there is a good reason I don't know of, it shouldn't be disabled.

Of course you couldn't contact Dan, Exy, an smod, or a supervisor? Hrmmm, that IS odd...
You mean like flameing who when he once in a week comes online the only thing is he does is "oh look at me I'm better than and I can ban people for one day hurr".

But yeah, I guess it's much simplier to write pms and wait for stuff to happen, because smods and admins and these guys got nothing better to do than delete my posts instead of re-enabling something that shouldn't even be disabled.

Reaction score
Having set up a VB forum before, i know that by default it is NOT enabled. Some forums enable it and that's great for them, but we had it enabled for a while and it worked out badly.

Also, i hope by now you should know that RZ uses a mod which merges 2 consecutive posts together, to prevent double posting.

Reaction score
That's why I wrote that "(yes it is possible)", because when you(in my case this happens quite often), post from mobile and then from the normal site, it makes a double post, also when you post like 24 hours after the first post it also makes a double post.

Even the official vB forum has it enabled.

404_image.png

Back