Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Deny the ability to post if last post > 6 months!

f793
Reaction score
That would be an awesome feature, since people just bump the old threads which they find from searching. It could have been done too before if moderators noticed threads being opened ages ago and simply close it.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It shoulds comes with an automatic function right?

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
(Y) Agrees 100%

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
(Playing Devil's Advocate here)

WHAT if what they are wanting to post is relevant to the thread...and hasn't been discussed yet....would be frustrating for a possible new member of our society to not be able to post and simply walk away from RZ....we could inadvertently lose a possible major contributor this way.

OR...they will simply create a new thread thats pretty much the same as the old one simply to ask a question or maybe fix an issue thats never been fixed...

That one pokemon thing
Loyal Member
Reaction score

WHAT if what they are wanting to post is relevant to the thread...and hasn't been discussed yet....would be frustrating for a possible new member of our society to not be able to post and simply walk away from RZ....we could inadvertently lose a possible major contributor this way.

OR...they will simply create a new thread thats pretty much the same as the old one simply to ask a question or maybe fix an issue thats never been fixed...

After 6 months of everyone viewing the thread and not responding, I don't think an opinion is left or still matters.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
After 6 months of everyone viewing the thread and not responding, I don't think an opinion is left or still matters.

And if there ever is a slight chance of someone wanting to reply, they could add some feature to like "quote the thread" where the new thread of some user would contain the main post or a post in the other thread above their first post

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would change the suggestion into a mod that puts your post in a mod queue, so you can post, but a mod needs to approve it. Make sure to notify people about before hand, that should reduce the number of posters. Perhaps add a box that explains why they post in it.

I think this is a good idea. If there is a stickied thread which hasn't been active over 6 months BUT is still welcome to be posted in, then this option would work well.

☮TAKU????
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Support!

There's nothing more annoying than a habtard bumping a thread saying "link is dead" (on a 1year old thread)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A mod queue is basically putting a play on words for forum constipation. Members and complainers may think they have it bad now, so can the staff and the older member base, but when some of those members turn into whiners and the complainers double and the threads with no posts become closed; you'll just have a lot of members trying to post and wondering they can't instantly do so. Then mods have have to approve more posts/threads, and misdirected PMs towards anyone with a different colored name (subs, winners, legends, admins, etc). Even though dead links are annoying the posts a year or even more after are relevant. Closing them all is a quick way to create more duplicate threads and more work if used with the mod queue. There isn't really a quick way to deal with everything at once, but taking the time to create an Archive section for each release might be a good idea in the long run albeit slow at first.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
but taking the time to create an Archive section for each release might be a good idea in the long run albeit slow at first.

Excellent idea IMO....

PR0

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Re: Deny the ability to post if last post &gt; 6 months!

I agree with you. I make use of this method often for old threads in the Habbo section since I use old resources like Phoenix, uberCMS, etc. I post to hopefully find someone with the released file since it's download link has gone down. Another example is the help section, I'll find the same problem as mine and instead of opening a new thread, sometimes I'll bump the old one in hopes of someone knowing the problem or maybe the thread creator found a resolution and may share after all that time.

It's just annoying when people freak out after bumping an old thread and flame you when you have a perfectly on topic post.

A mod queue is basically putting a play on words for forum constipation. Members and complainers may think they have it bad now, so can the staff and the older member base, but when some of those members turn into whiners and the complainers double and the threads with no posts become closed; you'll just have a lot of members trying to post and wondering they can't instantly do so. Then mods have have to approve more posts/threads, and misdirected PMs towards anyone with a different colored name (subs, winners, legends, admins, etc). Even though dead links are annoying the posts a year or even more after are relevant. Closing them all is a quick way to create more duplicate threads and more work if used with the mod queue. There isn't really a quick way to deal with everything at once, but taking the time to create an Archive section for each release might be a good idea in the long run albeit slow at first.

Posted this same idea for the habbo section before reading this :p: http://forum.ragezone.com/f600/habbo-section-huge-renovation-1008248/

Great minds think alike

Back