Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Dragon Ball Online Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think there's enough to open up a section for dbo. There is a working client and server ( may not be completed but its working). It would be super popular.
There's so much to be done! Let's just try to make it easier!

I haven't reallt contributed anything but my support.
Thanks to all the devs working on it.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/dragonball-online-release-source-979076/

Dbo Dev
Reaction score
I dont really care but all I can say:
95% from that thread are only people who dont know anything and keep asking same questions over and over.
5% who have knowledge but barely do any posts.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@ Daneos I compiling the code of the programs to the customer that has even me I putting the correct link address says there is no such library has some very difficult and fix errors themselves are code files for this missing.

eg this ntlcore.lib can not create the executable for this missing.

Last edited:
Game Developer
Reaction score
I think there's enough to open up a section for dbo. There is a working client and server ( may not be completed but its working). It would be super popular.
There's so much to be done! Let's just try to make it easier!

I haven't reallt contributed anything but my support.
Thanks to all the devs working on it.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/dragonball-online-release-source-979076/

Buddy one thing i can say to you is, its not a server, its client side emulation just build to TEST THE ELEMENTS OF THE CLIENT (UI, Icons, Texts, and other stuffs) to tell you whan you compile the client without netsend functions, you skip entire network connection library and replaces with inside simulation, without any connection

Reaction score
There is indeed interest in people for this game such as myself ^_^

I think there should be a working copy of the game first to be made before a dedicated section for it since technically there are files yeah, but not extremely playable and you all know what I am

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
A DBO section will be great , but anyway i'm a newbie so i should shut up D:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Guys whats the point of all this considering heres the post for those who lazy to click link We planned to do this sometime after our first release, but now it would be as good time as any considering all these "Dragon Ball Offline" shenanigans.

Basically in a development diary, we tell you about what we're currently up too, and bit more about our work. Which we've been quite hush hush about other then, what're looking to do, currently.

Anyhow, first I'd like to address the "Dragon Ball Offline" excitement and confusion surrounding the project. So let's start by clearing things up shall we.

We were given this old client source (currently well known as the "Dragon Ball Offline" source), back in November last year. But we did not have the matching client data for it. You might remember one of our team members, santeg asking for it on the forum. We then spent about 2 weeks or so modifying the source code so that it will work with a new version of client data. With this, we were able to create our own servers, one written by our developer Hexus in JavaScript for quick protocols and packets testing, and another server written by our lead developer Pigeon in C++. They all support logging in, characters creation, world roaming, and some basic skill use and combat, as shown in our earlier videos and

Soon after we realized the limit of this old client being as old as it is. It is a pre-release client and most things were only used for beta testing only, hence it is unstable, and a lot of features and content are missing, e.g. korin platform, new skills, pet/mascot system, dragon ball scramble event, and some never-released content.

As a result, we have decided to focus working with a more up to date and stable client instead, namely the the DBO TW/HK client that we all were using before DBO was officially closed. This can be seen here in our happy easter announcement (under the spoiler). As you can see in our few screenshots, we have flying working (and we have also made it not spending any AP just because we can). Our server has a working database, so accounts and characters created are all saved as well. We also have preliminary chat server working too.

Reaction score
Buddy one thing i can say to you is, its not a server, its client side emulation just build to TEST THE ELEMENTS OF THE CLIENT (UI, Icons, Texts, and other stuffs) to tell you whan you compile the client without netsend functions, you skip entire network connection library and replaces with inside simulation, without any connection

I swear I saw someone say there is a server but its just a sample server.

RaGEZONER || Webdevloper
Banned
Reaction score
He doesn't deserve a separate section. The source code is useless and obsolete. And there is no normal community who deals with the development.

Dbo Dev
Reaction score
He doesn't deserve a separate section. The source code is useless and obsolete. And there is no normal community who deals with the development.

Its not useless. There are many good things which helps creating the server files. There is also a sample for the database file and gameserver file. Just very basic.

Game Developer
Reaction score
I swear I saw someone say there is a server but its just a sample server.

Its a sample text chat server, build just to test the prior in dev networking libraries, has nothing to do with the game,as i can say u have to build from 0 the entire server!!!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
after we get our section the gameDev will apear and working on the PS will be easier and faster.
It is a 51 pages currently (yeah i know much of post are just asking for smth basics) but it grown up from 5 days!

dat face
Reaction score
no vouch from me because it's still lack of resources ..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
my idea is make some own forum only for workers no access go work together we will watching only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back