Dragon Ball Online Section

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Feb 2014 Join Date
    250Posts

Dragon Ball Online Section

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

I think there's enough to open up a section for dbo. There is a working client and server ( may not be completed but its working). It would be super popular.
    There's so much to be done! Let's just try to make it easier!

I haven't reallt contributed anything but my support.
    Thanks to all the devs working on it.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/drago...source-979076/

True MemberRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    977Posts

Re: Dragon Ball Online Section

I dont really care but all I can say:
    95% from that thread are only people who dont know anything and keep asking same questions over and over.
    5% who have knowledge but barely do any posts.
    Dragonball Online Global Server Developer
    https://dbo.global
    C++

MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    61Posts

@ Daneos I compiling the code of the programs to the customer that has even me I putting the correct link address says there is no such library has some very difficult and fix errors themselves are code files for this missing.

eg this ntlcore.lib can not create the executable for this missing.
    Last edited by Turtle Hermit; 28-05-14 at 04:05 AM.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    951Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bugs33 View Post
    I think there's enough to open up a section for dbo. There is a working client and server ( may not be completed but its working). It would be super popular.
    There's so much to be done! Let's just try to make it easier!

I haven't reallt contributed anything but my support.
    Thanks to all the devs working on it.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f857/drago...source-979076/
    Buddy one thing i can say to you is, its not a server, its client side emulation just build to TEST THE ELEMENTS OF THE CLIENT (UI, Icons, Texts, and other stuffs) to tell you whan you compile the client without netsend functions, you skip entire network connection library and replaces with inside simulation, without any connection

MemberRank
    Apr 2014 Join Date
    61Posts

I'm still compiling downloaded both versions of DirectX.

The OmegaRank
    Mar 2010 Join Date
    6,188Posts

There is indeed interest in people for this game such as myself ^_^

I think there should be a working copy of the game first to be made before a dedicated section for it since technically there are files yeah, but not extremely playable and you all know what I am

MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    Paris, FranceLocation
    2Posts

A DBO section will be great , but anyway i'm a newbie so i should shut up D:

MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    41Posts

Guys whats the point of all this considering http://dborevelations.com/forums/ind...;topicseen#new heres the post for those who lazy to click link We planned to do this sometime after our first release, but now it would be as good time as any considering all these "Dragon Ball Offline" shenanigans.

Basically in a development diary, we tell you about what we're currently up too, and bit more about our work. Which we've been quite hush hush about other then, what're looking to do, currently.

Anyhow, first I'd like to address the "Dragon Ball Offline" excitement and confusion surrounding the project. So let's start by clearing things up shall we.

We were given this old client source (currently well known as the "Dragon Ball Offline" source), back in November last year. But we did not have the matching client data for it. You might remember one of our team members, santeg asking for it on the forum. We then spent about 2 weeks or so modifying the source code so that it will work with a new version of client data. With this, we were able to create our own servers, one written by our developer Hexus in JavaScript for quick protocols and packets testing, and another server written by our lead developer Pigeon in C++. They all support logging in, characters creation, world roaming, and some basic skill use and combat, as shown in our earlier videos here and here.

Soon after we realized the limit of this old client being as old as it is. It is a pre-release client and most things were only used for beta testing only, hence it is unstable, and a lot of features and content are missing, e.g. korin platform, new skills, pet/mascot system, dragon ball scramble event, and some never-released content.

As a result, we have decided to focus working with a more up to date and stable client instead, namely the the DBO TW/HK client that we all were using before DBO was officially closed. This can be seen here in our happy easter announcement (under the spoiler). As you can see in our few screenshots, we have flying working (and we have also made it not spending any AP just because we can). Our server has a working database, so accounts and characters created are all saved as well. We also have preliminary chat server working too.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2014 Join Date
    250Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snaity View Post
    Buddy one thing i can say to you is, its not a server, its client side emulation just build to TEST THE ELEMENTS OF THE CLIENT (UI, Icons, Texts, and other stuffs) to tell you whan you compile the client without netsend functions, you skip entire network connection library and replaces with inside simulation, without any connection
    I swear I saw someone say there is a server but its just a sample server.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    HungaryLocation
    623Posts

He doesn't deserve a separate section. The source code is useless and obsolete. And there is no normal community who deals with the development.

Online Anime Site
    MY WEBSITE

True MemberRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    977Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KiruHoshino View Post
    He doesn't deserve a separate section. The source code is useless and obsolete. And there is no normal community who deals with the development.
    Its not useless. There are many good things which helps creating the server files. There is also a sample for the database file and gameserver file. Just very basic.
    C++

True MemberRank
    Oct 2005 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    951Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bugs33 View Post
    I swear I saw someone say there is a server but its just a sample server.
    Its a sample text chat server, build just to test the prior in dev networking libraries, has nothing to do with the game,as i can say u have to build from 0 the entire server!!!

MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    55Posts

after we get our section the gameDev will apear and working on the PS will be easier and faster.
    It is a 51 pages currently (yeah i know much of post are just asking for smth basics) but it grown up from 5 days!

True MemberRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    977Posts

Yea and its VERY annoying.
    C++

Alpha MaleRank
    May 2012 Join Date
    ClassroomLocation
    1,757Posts

no vouch from me because it's still lack of resources ..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Advertisement