Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

front page applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello;

As stated in the news announcement, please use this thread to post your application. Include atleast the following;

Name; (can just use your first name).
Location;
Age;
Writing experience;
Favourite MMORPG;
How long have you been browsing ragezone?;
Ever used wordpress?

The rest is up to you.

Thanks.

Reaction score
How new would you classify, new as.

When a site like RZ has been around for so long; new can be a year or two, or it can be half a year.

A lil' clarification would be greatly appreciated!~

It's simple really:

If you are a new/unknown member, you won't last long. By not being an active part of the community, you will have less incentive to continue writing articles and will very quickly give up.

Dan doesn't want to "hire" someone who regardless of good they are, would realistically only be temporary and will soon require replacing. If he's going to be doing this all over again in the near future, he may aswell just wait for the right person to show up.

Reaction score
It's simple really:

If you are a new/unknown member, you won't last long. By not being an active part of the community, you will have less incentive to continue writing articles and will very quickly give up.

Dan doesn't want to "hire" someone who regardless of good they are, would realistically only be temporary and will soon require replacing. If he's going to be doing this all over again in the near future, he may aswell just wait for the right person to show up.

What you've said is all correct.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Name; (can just use your first name). - Jake
Location; - Vancouver, Canada
Age; - 17
Writing experience; - School
Favourite MMORPG; - World of Warcraft
How long have you been browsing ragezone?; - About a year
Ever used wordpress? - Yes

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Name: Kangwei.

Writing experience:I've never actually done an article or review before, so this is kinda like a "NEW" challenge to me. But on top of that, i am very FLUENT in my English, able to write an article with no grammar errors and such, even if i do have any errors, i will give in my best in correcting it till it's up to standard. I do have a basic level of vocabulary which could be much of a help.

Favourite MMORPG: I am a huge fan of "Maplestory" ever since 2008 when i started playing "Maplestory private server". I created a couple of "Maplestory Private Servers" which were one of the top few private servers during then, unfortunately it was a compulsory for me to shut down the server during to poor financial management. Nowadays i don't really play much games, probably only soccer related games such as "Fifa".

How long have you been browsing ragezone?: I have been on Ragezone for quite a long time, ever since 2009. I do have a couple of accounts though such as "Aslanking" which is used downloading "Maplestory Source Files" from Ragezone.

Ever used wordpress? I do not have any knowledge about using wordpress, but i am pretty sure i can pick it up very fast, and most importantly i am willing to learn.

-Regards, Celphius.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Name; (can just use your first name). - Jake
Location; - Vancouver, Canada
Age; - 17
Writing experience; - School
Favourite MMORPG; - World of Warcraft
How long have you been browsing ragezone?; - About a year
Ever used wordpress? - Yes

best application hire this guy right here, he's the next famous writer.

A friendly tip Jake you may want to write more, and far more intricate writing if you're applying for a writing position.

-hide from infraction-

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Name; Mathias.
Location; Copenhagen Denmark.

Age; 14

Writing experience; I am experienced with 4 years english from school and i use alot english in games like, habbo and runescape.

Favourite MMORPG; Habbo & Runescape
How long have you been browsing ragezone?; I've ben using ragezone for 1 maybe 2 years, i am elite subscriber im not commenting to much but im very active.

Ever used wordpress? yes and thats very easy!

Kind regards,
Mathias:love:

Master Summoner
Reaction score
As said before in this thread. Dan only posted what is minimum of you to write. He does actually want to see more than the basic he asked for.

That doesn't make sense to me. If he wants to see more then what he asked for. Why would he ask for that if he wanted to see more?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense to me. If he wants to see more then what he asked for. Why would he ask for that if he wanted to see more?

Basically that was just how your appilcation should be. But using common sense he would look for you to spice it up a bit on why he should pick you and such.

MentaL said:
The rest is up to you.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Basically that was just how your appilcation should be. But using common sense he would look for you to spice it up a bit on why he should pick you and such.

I know what you mean, I'm just being a penis. Let me go on.

That's like telling someone you want 10$ for the game, then when they come to pay for it, you say.. "I was expecting another 5$ on top of that.".

Don't be a hater
Reaction score
I know what you mean, I'm just being a penis. Let me go on.

That's like telling someone you want 10$ for the game, then when they come to pay for it, you say.. "I was expecting another 5$ on top of that.".

Thats the worst comparison ever!

Don't be a hater
Reaction score
MentaL stated when he created the thread, that you should include atleast the next information, other information is up to you. You can post a simple, basic application but chances are you won't be elected...

That simple

Master Summoner
Reaction score
MentaL stated when he created the thread, that you should include atleast the next information, other information is up to you. You can post a simple, basic application but chances are you won't be elected...

That simple

That's not true at all. Some people can provide a great amount of information using the format, and only the format, he provided. I'd say some people just have a better chance of being hired if they provide even more information, rather then saying they won't get a spot if they don't.

Reaction score
That's not true at all. Some people can provide a great amount of information using the format, and only the format, he provided. I'd say some people just have a better chance of being hired if they provide even more information, rather then saying they won't get a spot if they don't.

There are over 10 application in this thread, and most of them are providing a great amount of information.
If you are just posting the bare minimum, it is just like you are posting nothing at all.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

At least read the thread properly :/. And read all the posts he does state that he wants more information! He also states that this is the minimum you need and if you really want this job act as if you do write a decent amount like you would when applying for a job.

Reaction score
At least read the thread properly :/. And read all the posts he does state that he wants more information! He also states that this is the minimum you need and if you really want this job act as if you do write a decent amount like you would when applying for a job.

Honestly the whole discussion about "minimum" is just a case of illogical thinking, you probably didn't need to reply as I don't think they get the point. Even if Dan didn't say thats just the bare minimum anyone who didn't write more than that wasn't using their brain properly. You're applying for a friggin' writing position, you gotta showcase yer skill and at least make yourself stand out anyway you can.

Then again, thats the same with applications for any position anywhere, as last time I applied for a position at RZ I was lazy and left out a lot of good details.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I'm not even going to explain myself any further.

If whoever reads what I stated does not understand, then you're clearly uneducated in the area of 'common sense'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back