Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Guests should be forced to register....

Reaction score
Hey i have searched to see if this has been discussed and i have not found any previous discussions.

Lately i have been seeing alot of guest activity...

404_image.png

404_image.png

404_image.png

I think it should be made harder for guests to use ragezone but how could MentaL do this?

I mean just register its not hard... :/

I hope you agree with me​

Reaction score
Lately? It's being going on forever. I don't think we can exactly 'force' guests into registering accounts because if they're forced to, they going to instantly leave again and if they even do decide to join they'd only probably be 'lurkers' going around the categories they want. Also, if you're not a registered user or not logged in then you'll see whenever you click one of the categories or a post you get an advertisement and there's no delay. Every click you make on a category, post, thread and even clicking back, you will get an advertisement. Forcing isn't an option, unfortunately.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MentaL could just restrict the forum from guest.Redirecting them to a page saying "Register to use RaGEZONE".

Reaction score
Lately? It's being going on forever. I don't think we can exactly 'force' guests into registering accounts because if they're forced to, they going to instantly leave again and if they even do decide to join they'd only probably be 'lurkers' going around the categories they want. Also, if you're not a registered user or not logged in then you'll see whenever you click one of the categories or a post you get an advertisement and there's no delay. Every click you make on a category, post, thread and even clicking back, you will get an advertisement. Forcing isn't an option, unfortunately.

Lol damn :/ its so annoying though that their is more guests online than registered users...

Reaction score
People who want to contribute to the community will register accounts to post. People who do not will not register.

Guests have to register to view links and attachments, unless that plugin was removed in the last upgrade.

Why make people register when they aren't going to post, and when Mental cleans the DB their account will be deleted anyways because of 0 posts?

You can't force people to contribute.

Reaction score
People who want to contribute to the community will register accounts to post. People who do not will not register.

Guests have to register to view links and attachments, unless that plugin was removed in the last upgrade.

Why make people register when they aren't going to post, and when Mental cleans the DB their account will be deleted anyways because of 0 posts?.

You can't force people to contribute.

Thanks for clearing that up a great response. Thanks ron.

The World Is Yours
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I agree that they should not be 'forced', however they should have limited access; if they want to make use of all the forum features then they should register, just an opinion.

Reaction score
I agree that they should not be 'forced', however they should have limited access; if they want to make use of all the forum features then they should register, just an opinion.
All they have access to is reading posts. They can't see links, can't download attachments, are flooded with ads, what else do they need to have? lol

Reaction score
So if they cant see link and are flooded with ads and such? The why are they still here? Why not just register then they can see links....

Because most of them are bots. Like, the majority of them are bots and search engine crawlers. Forcing guests to register would make rz lower in search ranking because then search crawlers won't be able to access content.

Its best how it is right now tbh. Already explained why there's no reason to change.

Reaction score
There is a single reason why registration is not forced for guests - Because unique guest page views generate more money from Google ads than registered members do. This has been covered multiple times, if you had searched it should have come up.

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What I suggest is blocking all links in developments section, since this forum focuses in game developments. The rest should be allowed to see.

The World Is Yours
Loyal Member
Reaction score
All they have access to is reading posts. They can't see links, can't download attachments, are flooded with ads, what else do they need to have? lol

Apologies, I wasn't aware of this... I'm always logged in on RZ :8: and yes it's fine that way, they don't need any more restrictions.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
this is a free mmorpg resource. nothing should be restricted. what good would blocking links or even entire forum access do? get the registered member count higher? useless garbage.

Selfish Bastard
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There has been many suggestions about this idea already, Mental said, that if RZ would do that, the database would fill pretty fast with useless accs who never posts and it would cause more lagg.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As everyone has said, we shouldn't force them to register this is unprofessional and will cause them to leave and possibly give RaGEZONE a bad name.

Back