Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Habbo section needs a huge renovation

PR0

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I think that the main section insteado f having 2 seperate discussion sections for retros and general habbo should be merged because those seperately are barely used. The discussion part would be more active and should be the main habbo section, then the sub-sections should be for releases and development such as follows:

- Emulators
- Content Management Systems
- SWFs and Images
(which includes furniture, catalogue images, cms images, etc)
- Development
(Hosts all types of development since it's not a very active forum, and possibly help could still be inside? Or a other section since it's very active, and could have a sub-forum inside the help section for resolved issues so there's no reposts.)

This will make it so people aren't going to the help section constantly looking for threads bumped all the way down, it will keep the furniture releases in the one section and it's overall more easy to use, noob friendly, and keeps the relevant releases higher up in the sections so users like myself don't have to search through 20 pages to find one release.

Each section other than development should have a sub section for quality releases that have been made then when they're obsolete they get locked to keep the more relevant ones bumped up to the top. Development can even possibly have a section for achived developments and when it's closed, possibly a new tag could be created for [COMPLETED] or [ABANDONED] which would be moderator use only obviously.

When each section is organized like this, they will most likely all end up being active which means eventually that moderators could each moderate a specific section rather than each and every one, which clearly results in inactivity like I've been noticing for quite a long time but have been quiet until recently since I decided to open up my own retro and start replying to posts rather than just viewing threads out of curiosity.

If you've read this whole thread, thanks for your interest! What's your opinion? Feedback is the only way to please a majority.

Sincerely,
PR0
An acitve Habbo section user since I've joined

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The General is doing a fine job as it's about time someone does. So give it time and he'll clean up the area. It's only due to the fact so many nubs roll through there that it's messy.

As for moving things, the only thing that should be changed is the help area brought forward as main selection like how the releases area is. Also, it might be worth looking over the stickies as some are just not needed anymore or are way out of date to be needed/used.

Reaction score
The thing is sorting the sections like that I honestly don't think there's enough releases of the different types to justify it, it would just have loads of dead sub forums.

We used to not have the discussion sub-forums but they were added to help cut down on clutter and have worked really well since mental added them

PR0

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
The thing is sorting the sections like that I honestly don't think there's enough releases of the different types to justify it, it would just have loads of dead sub forums.

We used to not have the discussion sub-forums but they were added to help cut down on clutter and have worked really well since mental added them

Nobody really uses them anymore. It's 4 day between recent posts lately, give or take. It used to be a lot more active a year - two years back. I'm not sure if the section had more traffic or not though.

I still think the archive idea which was discussed here http://forum.ragezone.com/f600/deny-ability-post-post-6-a-998969/index2.html as well is a good idea. It will cut down on non-relevant threads since they were already closed for a reason, and also cuts down on clutter.

I think you're right about the multiple sections. I still stand by the archive sub-forums though to cut down on clutter, and possibly more use of the quality tutorials sub forum in the tutorials section. Also, maybe when it's moved the moderator could make a post before locking it saying to refer to the help section for any help regarding this tutorial, since most active tutorials are used for a help thread regarding that as well.

Archived releases after a month or so when the quality posts die down with the fixes, bug alerts, etc. could be done the same way as my previous tutorial section suggestion. If people need help or extra resources then they could post it in the help section, I don't think it's used enough and it would again cut down on lots of clutter since people just ask for help anywhere and they usually get it anyways.

Reaction score
The section may look unorganized, but when you have to put all the threads there already are in these sections, you'll need like a month.
Maybe prefixes like [EMU], [SWF], [CMS] etc. could help organizing the section, as the standard prefixes aren't required in this section. I think that may be the best solution to make the differences between the treads clear for users.

And like James said, some sections will be dead.

Reactions: PR0
Reaction score
I think that the system we currently have is fine, tbh.

Habbo has always been messy, it's demographic is mainly the reason.

We've had the same sub-forums for years, and they've worked fine, Habbo's activity has actually kinda' declined here recently, but this system worked fine when it was bigger as well.

I don't really see a problem, it seems like if we go changing the sub-forums, we'll just have a bunch of inactive ones that can't really sustain by their selves, and it's kinda' confusing if we have a bunch of prefixes, and sub-forums for every little thing.

just my opinion tho

Reaction score
Thank you for your interaction with the forums and your ideas. However some are not really necessary as they would only it more confusing for people using the forums.

About merging Official Habbo Chat & Retro Habbo Chat:
I don't see any need into merging those as it would confuse people. The sections are actively used (even more than we had when they were on just on f282) and merging them is not needed.

Dividing Release Section
I've got mixed feelings about this one. The positive one is only that stuff is sorted better however I don't think it would make the section any more active or if it will improve the quality of the forums. Often there are things released with eachother like SWFs + Emulators. Where would that go then? Creating two threads and linking those? I don't see that working out great.

Not to mention the wrong posting part. People will probably end up posting more frequent in the wrong section and thus it will result into a less cleaner section and more work for the staff team to move the posts to the correct sections and such.

I'm not sure if this has been tried before here on the RaGEZONE Forums however giving it a try would turn into a major chaos as what we do with the already made threads (About 10k)? Who is going to sort those and who is going to take the time and effort to do this. Deleting them or hiding them isn't a option if you want to try splitting up the Release section.

In my opinion this particular suggestion gets a no from me.

Moving Help Section Upfront
I've suggested this before and I'll totally go with you on this one however adding a sub section for resolved issues is not really needed in my opinion. A lot of search engine indexed links would break and it would take a while till google has updated all their ingoing links.

Here again, who is going to move all the resolved issues to the subforum?

I support the idea to move the Help section upfront so it is no longer a sub section of the Development forum would .

Preventing thread bumping in the help section.
Simply said, if you see a thread bumped with useless comments, report them and we'll handle them free of charge ^.^

Quality Sub Section
Each section other than development should have a sub section for quality releases that have been made

Quality help section or something? I don't see that happen.

A quality release section is not really needed in my opinion. Quality releases usually have a lot of comments and views. Sort the release section on likes/views and you'll see the best stuff that, according to the community at the time of release, was quality. Most of it :p:

We already have a tutorial quality section were rarely anything new gets added. If we would add a quality sub section for the releases forum I highly doubt it will get populated because lets be honest, most stuff that is being released is either leaked and stolen or downloaded from Habbo.

Also who is going to decide what is quality and whats not? Maybe at the time it is quality and over time it will age and thus it gets old and unusefull.

Just have the community keeping the release thread alive with addons, fixes and what not and it will soon become quality untill something else (/better) pops up.

Develpoment Archive
Closed threads are archived. Nothing can get bumped only viewed. No need for a sub section to move it to.

Completed / Abondened Tag
I support this suggestion. But: Is it completed when the original product has been finished or when it has been released to the forums? Be more specific :):

You forget that making sections even smaller it is harder for users to see any new posts as they have to browse through all sub sections. Not use friendly in my opinion.

Moderator Activity
If you think a section is not moderated correctly or if you think someone doesn't fit in or is not active at all I suggest you to take it up higher to a super visor or a super moderator.

Splitting the section into more pieces and assigning mods to a specific section is not really needed. Reports get handled pretty quickly and it would be a bit unequal in my opinion. For example when someone has a less active subsection than somebody else.

Also a sub section wouldn't be moderated or badly moderated when a moderator isn't active. You see, you're still having the dirty posts as I call them laying around even though other moderators don't touch that sub section.

Last edited:

PR0

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Thank you for your interaction with the forums and your ideas. However some are not really necessary as they would only it more confusing for people using the forums.

About merging Official Habbo Chat & Retro Habbo Chat:
I don't see any need into merging those as it would confuse people. The sections are actively used (even more than we had when they were on just on f282) and merging them is not needed.

Dividing Release Section
I've got mixed feelings about this one. The positive one is only that stuff is sorted better however I don't think it would make the section any more active or if it will improve the quality of the forums. Often there are things released with eachother like SWFs + Emulators. Where would that go then? Creating two threads and linking those? I don't see that working out great.

Not to mention the wrong posting part. People will probably end up posting more frequent in the wrong section and thus it will result into a less cleaner section and more work for the staff team to move the posts to the correct sections and such.

I'm not sure if this has been tried before here on the RaGEZONE Forums however giving it a try would turn into a major chaos as what we do with the already made threads (About 10k)? Who is going to sort those and who is going to take the time and effort to do this. Deleting them or hiding them isn't a option if you want to try splitting up the Release section.

In my opinion this particular suggestion gets a no from me.

Moving Help Section Upfront
I've suggested this before and I'll totally go with you on this one however adding a sub section for resolved issues is not really needed in my opinion. A lot of search engine indexed links would break and it would take a while till google has updated all their ingoing links.

Here again, who is going to move all the resolved issues to the subforum?

I support the idea to move the Help section upfront so it is no longer a sub section of the Development forum would .

Preventing thread bumping in the help section.
Simply said, if you see a thread bumped with useless comments, report them and we'll handle them free of charge ^.^

Quality Sub Section

Quality help section or something? I don't see that happen.

A quality release section is not really needed in my opinion. Quality releases usually have a lot of comments and views. Sort the release section on likes/views and you'll see the best stuff that, according to the community at the time of release, was quality. Most of it :p:

We already have a tutorial quality section were rarely anything new gets added. If we would add a quality sub section for the releases forum I highly doubt it will get populated because lets be honest, most stuff that is being released is either leaked and stolen or downloaded from Habbo.

Also who is going to decide what is quality and whats not? Maybe at the time it is quality and over time it will age and thus it gets old and unusefull.

Just have the community keeping the release thread alive with addons, fixes and what not and it will soon become quality untill something else (/better) pops up.

Develpoment Archive
Closed threads are archived. Nothing can get bumped only viewed. No need for a sub section to move it to.

Completed / Abondened Tag
I support this suggestion. But: Is it completed when the original product has been finished or when it has been released to the forums? Be more specific :):

You forget that making sections even smaller it is harder for users to see any new posts as they have to browse through all sub sections. Not use friendly in my opinion.

Moderator Activity
If you think a section is not moderated correctly or if you think someone doesn't fit in or is not active at all I suggest you to take it up higher to a super visor or a super moderator.

Splitting the section into more pieces and assigning mods to a specific section is not really needed. Reports get handled pretty quickly and it would be a bit unequal in my opinion. For example when someone has a less active subsection than somebody else.

Also a sub section wouldn't be moderated or badly moderated when a moderator isn't active. You see, you're still having the dirty posts as I call them laying around even though other moderators don't touch that sub section.
Merged discussion forums

I thought it would revive the successful time of about 2-3 years ago when the discussion forum was exactly how I suggested it to be with I believe some prefix tags, and it was posted in multiple times daily because of the convenience while strolling through past the main forum to the other ones. Again though, I think this also may be because of the activity back then.

Merging release sections

I realize now that would be a heck of a lot of work for the moderators. I saw it on a few spanish forums and found it convenient so I just put the thought out there for it to be picked at and what not. I like Joorrens idea though to simply add prefixes for the releases and maybe add it as a requirement. It would help me because I skim through pages after page looking for certain things, so after it actually catches on eventually and I'm looking for a CMS or an EMU release which aren't always very frequent, this would be helpful.

Quality sections & help section

I was following the idea of the tutorials section. Maybe a yearly stickied thread could be posted with the most popular releases of that year with some info about them like there used to be way back when.

Help section

I'm glad you agree. I mentioned the resolved thing because it was a rule that was attempted to be implemented by some former moderators in the section. http://forum.ragezone.com/f333/report-solved-threads-946463/

Development tags

When the original product is completed and the thread is to be closed after the OP confirms that he has stopped development, so in the developers eyes it's completed as far as he wanted to. The abandoned tag would simply be for projects that had no information about the development stopping and the developer has no information, or they never made a release at all. Possible [INCOMPLETED] could be considered as well instead of [ABANDONED], unless you wanted to include all 3 for different uses.

[COMPLETE] - Developer is satisfied with release and met his development specifications
[INCOMPLETE] - There's a release after they have had so much work, so at least they kept true to their word of saying they would release something and then users who did eagerly follow the development can make use of the project even if it's unfinished
[ABANDONED] - No proper release has been made, and the community will never see the project they were wrongly eager for.

MOD Activity

I think I misunderstood the roles of a moderator. I was more so referring to the stickied threads not being updated, no tutorials being moved, a bit of clutter in sections which has some what been addressed.

Reaction score
Merged discussion forums

I thought it would revive the successful time of about 2-3 years ago when the discussion forum was exactly how I suggested it to be with I believe some prefix tags, and it was posted in multiple times daily because of the convenience while strolling through past the main forum to the other ones. Again though, I think this also may be because of the activity back then.

The discussion threads back then had to be approved before they were visible but not much got through. Now it is a bit more open so people can share opinions a bit easier.

Merging release sections

I realize now that would be a heck of a lot of work for the moderators. I saw it on a few spanish forums and found it convenient so I just put the thought out there for it to be picked at and what not. I like Joorrens idea though to simply add prefixes for the releases and maybe add it as a requirement. It would help me because I skim through pages after page looking for certain things, so after it actually catches on eventually and I'm looking for a CMS or an EMU release which aren't always very frequent, this would be helpful.

They probably made it that way when they started the forums.

Quality sections & help section

I was following the idea of the tutorials section. Maybe a yearly stickied thread could be posted with the most popular releases of that year with some info about them like there used to be way back when.

I like this idea however those lists tend to not being updated and links posted will usually die after a while. Good example is the old image database.

Help section
I'm glad you agree. I mentioned the resolved thing because it was a rule that was attempted to be implemented by some former moderators in the section. http://forum.ragezone.com/f333/report-solved-threads-946463/
Usually solved problems are being closed unless OP starts talking about a new problem that pops up.

Development tags

When the original product is completed and the thread is to be closed after the OP confirms that he has stopped development, so in the developers eyes it's completed as far as he wanted to. The abandoned tag would simply be for projects that had no information about the development stopping and the developer has no information, or they never made a release at all. Possible [INCOMPLETED] could be considered as well instead of [ABANDONED], unless you wanted to include all 3 for different uses.

[COMPLETE] - Developer is satisfied with release and met his development specifications
[INCOMPLETE] - There's a release after they have had so much work, so at least they kept true to their word of saying they would release something and then users who did eagerly follow the development can make use of the project even if it's unfinished
[ABANDONED] - No proper release has been made, and the community will never see the project they were wrongly eager for.
Probably will end up in too much of a hassle though.

MOD Activity

I think I misunderstood the roles of a moderator. I was more so referring to the stickied threads not being updated, no tutorials being moved, a bit of clutter in sections which has some what been addressed.

Report the things that you think should be removed or changed but then again, profide enough evidence to defend your point of view and to convince the moderator that it would help to perform a certain action.

Reaction score
Habbo section needs innovation, not renovation. I think people should post more useful stuffs, today, there's two kind of developers: The ones who sells, and the ones who don't make great projects (there's exceptions, of course). I think, if people could mount a team, and create some kind of algorithm like I have done in the past of Header/Structure update (wasn't good, but at least I tried to bring something different to the community, something most of all have forgot to try, to go further into SWF customization, CMS creation, and Emulator edition). We could really innovate doing useful things to the community instead of just making pointless stuff, which will help users/hotels to grow, not developers. If developers grow, we have such kind of tools, we would have a lot of great hotels out there.
The staff does a great job, of what they can do. The General can be new of Moderation, but already is doing an great job.
I just think they don't have too much to look at! Everything is pretty much about the same, no innovation, just the same 3 things: CMS, SWF, EMULATOR.

Remember: this is just my opinion.

Back