Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What happened to irc.ragezone.com?

Bui

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
So after having a little , I found out that the forum had an IRC server a few .

What are the chances of the server returning? I'd personally say there's enough users and sections for it to not be an abandoned network, so it could be very well worth it.

Just putting it out there.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It was probably closed because no one used it. I don't think there is much demand for an IRC anymore??

Bui

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It was probably closed because no one used it. I don't think there is much demand for an IRC anymore??

irc is long gone and not needed.

Sure, nobody's asking for it, but I reckon people would use it if it existed. Would be much easier and quicker for users to get help/discuss stuff without spamming.

I think sections have tried to have their own network/channel but it usually ends up being dead. If there was one big network for the whole forum, it would have users.

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sure, nobody's asking for it, but I reckon people would use it if it existed. Would be much easier and quicker for users to get help/discuss stuff without spamming.

I think sections have tried to have their own network/channel but it usually ends up being dead. If there was one big network for the whole forum, it would have users.

Look what happened to the Habbo IRC. No one used it after a little while, then some punk was loading robots on it!

Reactions: Bui
Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Think a periodic open IRC channel for discussion with staff/MentaL would be decent, a bit of contact and outreach with the community, once a month/once every quarter

Chasing 99 Red Balloons
Reaction score
Think a periodic open IRC channel for discussion with staff/MentaL would be decent, a bit of contact and outreach with the community, once a month/once every quarter
That would be interesting, the RZ irc was good back in the day but even 08/09 it was dead Me and maybe a few others if that. A channel on something like Freenode would be more sustainable.

Back