New HH Moderators

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    GammaRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    2,957Posts

Re: New HH Moderators

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

First of all, you should have pm'd the issue to a super.
    Second of all, HH doesn't need more mods. NO mod at ragezone should have to be on time with everything that goes on in the section.
    And sure, leaks suck, but it was ultimately the creator's fault for not managing it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaa-Sensei View Post
    If they give the credits nothing is wrong in my opinion.
    What.

InactiveRank
    Mar 2009 Join Date
    1,302Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tr0ll.™ View Post
    If you guys were around the HH section you would feel the same way..
    Why has nobody else from your section truly complained then?

If theres tons of viruses mabye your getting false positives?

Honestly if this is such an issue dont you think others would be complaining about it to?

GammaRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    2,957Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JewSanta View Post
    If theres tons of viruses mabye your getting false positives?
    or he was exaggerating to get more attention for this pitiful thread.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2008 Join Date
    1,064Posts

If they have that much trouble protecting their own files there wouldn't be any problems to begin with.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2010 Join Date
    Toronto, CanadaLocation
    400Posts

Your argument has nothing to do with the moderators. People leaking stuff is how people work (unfortunately). Maybe the Hotels should choose their team with more thought before they begin their development; ultimately its their fault.

Isn't the Habbo Hotel section a rip/leak/what ever you want to call it from the official Habbo? So what is the difference between leaking their hard work (swfs, etc.) and other private servers hard work.

Although I do agree that they need maybe 1-2 more moderators, but not for your reasons.

InactiveRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    SpringfieldLocation
    203Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    How so? If anything, we were the first section to try and address leaking private content, and I'm going back to when I first joined. So pray tell where your assumptions come from
    I don't know about you, but there was a hacked source on there for quite a while.

True MemberRank
    Aug 2009 Join Date
    AustraliaLocation
    469Posts

I also agree there should be a couple more moderators added into the HH section, due to the popular demand of it. I mean it is ONE of the big sections (i repeat, ONE).

InactiveRank
    Feb 2006 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    40Posts

Leaks happen it's called being part of the 21st century as people have said in the thread it's up to the devolopers to ensure it doesn't happen or have a fail safe If such does happen, I could agree more moderators are needed for a section getting popular but it should also be down to the people reporting such incidences so it's easier for staff to sort, I mean it must be hard to manage a forum with such a huge member count (and growing). My 2 cents.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Pink PantherRank
    Jan 2007 Join Date
    Dallas, TexasLocation
    2,296Posts

I'm not making this thread because i want it

Well to be honest, the Habbo Hotel section is falling apart.

• Only 2 Moderators
    • Many "Virus" Threads
    • 300 Users > 2 Moderators
    • Many Leaks
    • Moderators are sometimes late

Now.. i'm not saying Sean and donky are doing a bad job, but to be honest, they need some help.

Sulkea(Very Nice Emulator) - Leaked 3 times this week.

HabboVG/Butterfly (Also very Nice) - Leaked 2 times this week.

BlahHotel's - Leaked Once.

Those threads have had alot of buzz, meaning alot of people downloaded those files..

And the Moderators were a bit late.

I think that you should have the Moderators pick maybe 2 more? Only because they know the section the best, and possibly know who will do their jobs correctly.

thanks, and hope you consider it !

Another thing, I fail to see any "virus" threads in the habbo section, I also fail to see any leaked emualtors... I do agree more mods should be assigned, but I fail to see any of the things you're mentioning here.

The OmegaRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    Mississauga, CaLocation
    6,125Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    I don't know about you, but there was a hacked source on there for quite a while.
    If you want to get technical, RaGEZONE got it's official start as an MMORPG dev forum from a "hacked" source. It wasn't always a forum about MMORPG dev. You misunderstood what I said. I never said we managed to get rid of them. I said we were possibly the first to address it. Now with the new Mod team, we can force the hand by placing rules on leaking. Here's the rule standing in our section (what we tried to enforce when I first joined but couldn't at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    • Leaks are no longer allowed if they were gained through exploits, ex-staff members, or 3rd party exploitation.
    Simply put, if it was due to your stupidity e.g. leaving it in a downloadable link (regardless of known to the public or not) and/or giving it away to "friends", it stays. If it was due to an exploit you couldn't control or revenge from an ex staff member, it gets removed. This is the only way we can stay within RaGEZONEs rules and keep the public happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Peters
    I have a theory. I believe that the size of your penis is in indirect correlation with how much sex you will have in your life. The smaller your dick, the more you will fuck. You dont believe me, look at the two largest populations in the world

RIP Akaruz, The Godfather

Spoiler:

mental is hot
    Spoiler:

This is a true story
    Spoiler:

This message is endorsed by Shawn and not added by MentaL.

GammaRank
    Apr 2010 Join Date
    GothamLocation
    3,679Posts

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Another thing, I fail to see any "virus" threads in the habbo section, I also fail to see any leaked emualtors... I do agree more mods should be assigned, but I fail to see any of the things you're mentioning here.
    They all obviously got deleted :P

InactiveRank
    Oct 2010 Join Date
    SpringfieldLocation
    203Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If you want to get technical, RaGEZONE got it's official start as an MMORPG dev forum from a "hacked" source. It wasn't always a forum about MMORPG dev. You misunderstood what I said. I never said we managed to get rid of them. I said we were possibly the first to address it. Now with the new Mod team, we can force the hand by placing rules on leaking. Here's the rule standing in our section (what we tried to enforce when I first joined but couldn't at the time).

Simply put, if it was due to your stupidity e.g. leaving it in a downloadable link (regardless of known to the public or not) and/or giving it away to "friends", it stays. If it was due to an exploit you couldn't control or revenge from an ex staff member, it gets removed. This is the only way we can stay within RaGEZONEs rules and keep the public happy.
    How will the person proof wether it's obtained by exploits/programs or by ''friend shares''?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

They all obviously got deleted :P
    Then there's no need for new moderators.. or am I understanding wrong?

The OmegaRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    Mississauga, CaLocation
    6,125Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    How will the person proof wether it's obtained by exploits/programs or by ''friend shares''?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Then there's no need for new moderators.. or am I understanding wrong?
    I'm not saying our rules will work for the HH section. They work for us because regardless of how private people may think their project is, info always gets out. People also tend to brag whenever they leak anything, about how they got it. Maybe somehow they think their real penis is the size of their potential e-pen0r from being a big boy and leaking? I'll never know why, but it kinda reminds me of the typical storyline. Bad guys reveal plot to good guys, then loses in the end.

I have a theory. I believe that the size of your penis is in indirect correlation with how much sex you will have in your life. The smaller your dick, the more you will fuck. You dont believe me, look at the two largest populations in the world

Spoiler:

mental is hot
    Spoiler:

This is a true story
    Spoiler:

LegendRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    8,504Posts

Who cares what the users of Habbo think, they always think they know best. The Habboons are always moaning about the moderators. They complained about Hammad, they complained about Parker (one user set up an anti-Parker thread) and I'm sure they complained about several others. If the guys in red feel it's necessary to add moderators, they will. At the end of the day the senior staff are all 18+ and are alot smarter than a bunch of pissed off 13 year olds who seem to be taking the internet seriously.

The OmegaRank
    Oct 2008 Join Date
    Mississauga, CaLocation
    6,125Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lazlow View Post
    Who cares what the users of Habbo think, they always think they know best. The Habboons are always moaning about the moderators. They complained about Hammad, they complained about Parker (one user set up an anti-Parker thread) and I'm sure they complained about several others. If the guys in red feel it's necessary to add moderators, they will. At the end of the day the senior staff are all 18+ and are alot smarter than a bunch of pissed off 13 year olds who seem to be taking the internet seriously.
    Where's the "Like" when you need it

Spoiler:

mental is hot
    Spoiler:

This is a true story
    Spoiler:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Advertisement