Https

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Legendary Phantom* is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2006 Join Date
    262Posts

    Https


    RaGEZONE Recommends

    RaGEZONE Recommends

    Title says it all. A self signed certificate will suffice or consider Godaddy Standard SSL - Single Domain (FQDN) certificates at the bargain price of $25/year. I will consider to donate the amount before purchase, send me a PM.


  2. #2
    Ytys Vynsan is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2006 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    890Posts

    Re: Https

    Shouldn't this be a admin thing?

    Sounds like a scam to me, after all, your not even a mod, or anything?

  3. #3
    Legendary Phantom* is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2006 Join Date
    262Posts

    Re: Https

    Quote Originally Posted by Ytys Vynsan View Post
    Shouldn't this be a admin thing?

    Sounds like a scam to me, after all, your not even a mod, or anything?
    Duh, it's a suggestion but I'm willing to donate the money to a higher authority to cover the cost.

  4. #4
    Ytys Vynsan is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2006 Join Date
    EnglandLocation
    890Posts

    Re: Https

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom* View Post
    Duh, it's a suggestion but I'm willing to donate the money to a higher authority to cover the cost.
    Try re-wording how you said it, that way people dont get confused lol,

    Good idea though, although I'd suggest a higher level ssl

    Regards,
    Vynsan

  5. #5
    GET OVER HERE! MentaL is offline
      Administrator  Rank
    Dec 2000 Join Date
    32,919Posts

    Re: Https

    I dont see why we really need to be on https.
    RaGEZONE Recommends

  6. #6
    Legendary Phantom* is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2006 Join Date
    262Posts

    Re: Https

    Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    I dont see why we really need to be on https.
    Security is never a bad thing. I'd like peace of mind from the prying eyes of IT departments or when using WiFi hotspots. I could always proxy using SSH tunnel or VPN but a self-signed certificate costs only time ;)
    Last edited by Phantom*; 13-07-10 at 03:08 AM.

  7. #7
    GET OVER HERE! MentaL is offline
      Administrator  Rank
    Dec 2000 Join Date
    32,919Posts

    Re: Https

    I dont see the need for the switch myself.
    RaGEZONE Recommends

  8. #8
    Veni, Vidi, Vici Arcelor is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jan 2010 Join Date
    Delhi, IndiaLocation
    1,788Posts

    Re: Https

    About time we got professional.
    Testing out new servers. PM me for free webhosting (offshore).

  9. #9
    Legendary Phantom* is offline
    True MemberRank
    Aug 2006 Join Date
    262Posts

    Re: Https

    I haven't visited in a while, but I see my suggestion is now standard through Incapsula. I guess this thread can now be closed and thanks! even if it was done ages ago and I missed it ;)

  10. #10
    ˌ Ron is offline
    The OmegaRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date
    Location
    9,315Posts

    Re: Https

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom* View Post
    I haven't visited in a while, but I see my suggestion is now standard through Incapsula. I guess this thread can now be closed and thanks! even if it was done ages ago and I missed it ;)
    It was actually just a very recent change. :)
    RF-Dev Team




Advertisement