Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

IDEA - Ragezone Radio ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an IDEA: I am a DJ, I love DJing so i am thinking: Should we make a Ragezone Radio, like we play Songs. chat about Stuff, Habbo Related, Forum Related. News ETC.. It will be Shoutcast Off-course, plus we can also do promotion/ advertisements on radio (charge money, goes towards Ragezone off-course if you want to advertise on the radio, just like you charge for advertisement on the forum). This is why, i have made this thread too get your Ideas, plus off-course we have a Request/ Shutout Form, where anyone can Request Shutouts, Music they want to listen. It will be Professional and Organised. Also the Radio Player wont be on a Separate Webpage it will combined into the Forum, just below the forum banner advertisement spot, or somewhere combined into the forum. In my opinion we should try/ test the radio out, what does staff, Users, everyone think about this ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The General - I Know that, im just giving an Idea. because i know it could workout very well for this forum.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think its a good idea, however, you need licencing and you need people willing to give up their time at specific times of day each week for a show. this has been suggested several times and every time has been given up on due to the complication and costs of running a proper radio.

Wont happen.

Reaction score
Well, running a webradio outside from Ragezone, would be cool, I guess, like partying chat meetings, or another stuff, but embed at the page? It would get so many confusions. This is a forum, not a fansite. If somebody needs to hear music they go to a place to find music...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I will speak for myself, I only listen to a radio if its content is 100% the same genre of music, else I would just make a youtube playlist and done.

That's the other thing too, you cant please everyone and Ragezone has a wide range of musical tastes. I doubt that many people will listen to the same thing that mental would listen to and to what I would listen to. I may be pleasantly surprised, however the greater number will vary across country, age and culture.

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's the other thing too, you cant please everyone and Ragezone has a wide range of musical tastes. I doubt that many people will listen to the same thing that mental would listen to and to what I would listen to. I may be pleasantly surprised, however the greater number will vary across country, age and culture.

This could be resolved with a request system.

But the whole radio thing itself wouldn't benefit the forum at all. I wouldn't say that this is a bad idea, it's just not very suitable for a forum.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry if its a retarded answer :p

Yea I don't really see it working out either since it doesn't fit an MMO site and you can't really do those ''talkshows'' that they do here in my country since who you gonna ask..

"Hey jennifer i saw that the pictures of you been posted here on Ragezone.com, any reaction?"

I think that talkshow would be a hit tho :p
but most likely a radio naaaa

Reaction score
This could be resolved with a request system.

But the whole radio thing itself wouldn't benefit the forum at all. I wouldn't say that this is a bad idea, it's just not very suitable for a forum.

no, I request jazz, and right after you request justin bieber, I would simply close the radio and lock it somewhere deep

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yea I don't really see it working out either since it doesn't fit an MMO site and you can't really do those ''talkshows'' that they do here in my country since who you gonna ask..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think apart from everything you guys mentioned, you miss the most important point when making a radio.
It will cost a LOT to even be allowed to broadcast the music on the web. It's not simply setting up the shoutcast server but also paying for a license to be allowed to play copyrighted material.

If you ask me I'd say it's a bad idea, it doesnt fit well in the image of RaGEZONE.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
This idea has been floated sooooooo many times in the past and every time it's shot down because hosting a radio show would require 24/7 programming to satisfy the fact RaGEZONE has users in almost every time zone on the planet and the previously mentioned statements of people have a varied music taste. Plus we'd need a load of DJs to fill in for loads of random slots because people are only available at certain times. It's a logistical nightmare

Reaction score
a podcast would be great.a radio i don't think so

A podcast, indeed. But there's a problem though: what would be the subject...
If they create a podcast, would be great, except that they would need to make it flexible to all kind of interest of ragezone. For instance: Some people like Gadgets subjects, others would like MMO only. So that would really be a problem.

I really think all of these ideas are out of reality for now...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Don't think it fits in a MMO development forum. Like said above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back