Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

(Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dear Ragezone Staff and Users,

Im here today to bring you an awsome idea. My idea consists of this:

1) Domain: Ragezone.Fm
2) Shoutcast/ Online Radio from: Velocitycentral.net or any other Website
3) Radio Timetable, whats on, along with staff ETC...
4) tunein.com Add the Radio to Android and Apple APP from tunein (Ipod, iphone ETC..)

What we would do on this Radio, is talk about Updates, Issues, new Posts, have Music, live discussion sessions ETC. of all around Ragezone, so Ragezoners. What are your Opinions ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well no but I've realized that behalf of the messages and daily post are going to the development sections and which are all MMORPG based now if I'm getting your point right you are stating that this is not only a MMORPG forum which i agree on but making a radio does still take the serious part off and i just don't really like it though.
I'm one of those people who came for the community rather than an MMORPG, personally, I think a radio would be a good idea, but it'd be pointless if we weren't making any sort of money out of it. Not to mention that if there was 'personal requests' Gangnam Style would be getting blasted out every half hour.

Photoshop Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For one this is not that bad of an idea, even though it's been suggested previously. I don't think the seperate domain idea would work, people come on RaGEZONE for RaGEZONE, not nessicarily to listen to music, however if it was embedded on the main forum page, but not embedded into threads or sections like /f10 for example that would get annoying, but yes, if it was embedded onto forum.ragezone.com and no other pages with the option to mute I feel that it could work, but at the end of it, it's all up to Dan and being quite fair I don't think he'll go along with the idea.

I'm one of those people who came for the community rather than an MMORPG, personally, I think a radio would be a good idea, but it'd be pointless if we weren't making any sort of money out of it. Not to mention that if there was 'personal requests' Gangnam Style would be getting blasted out every half hour.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Well you can make a lot of money out of an Radio indeed

Sublime - Agreed

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There was a radio / pod cast idea implemented, but it didn't last long. This basic idea has kept surfacing again and again over the last couple of years.

This says to me that there is demand, but that implementation and commitment must be in place, first.

The usual idea begins with music, and I take spruitjes' side on that point to say that it's off-topic. RZ is not about music, and we come from many backgrounds with very different musical tastes. Both commitment and interest will wane on that front when faced with radio stations which understand and dedicate themselves to the musical tastes of the people who follow them. Having said that, MentaL is a great musician, and I'd love to give him a place to air his music with us all. But if it isn't going to last, he can post SoundCloud and YouTube just as easy. :wink:

The idea of video games, the internet / info-tech and internet gaming updates, discussion, chat, reviews and so on is great... But doesn't video suite that better? Isn't that what MentaL is struggling to get people to contribute to the main (off-forum) site? If we can't get the logistics of that working, why will we be better at streaming radio?

In all honesty, IDK how other people are finding their life goes but, isn't "on demand" becoming the norm these days? Truthfully, I watch nothing on live TV any more, and rarely listen to radio broadcasts on analogue or the internet from live streams. I only watch and listen to pre-recorded stuff on "on demand" podcasts and catch-up services.

The only "live" stream I "tune in" to (there is no tuning the interntez XD) is RT.com and that's only because world news is now or never. :wink:

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Update: I got and Maby helping out, ill keep you upddated and posted on that....
No need for a separate domain :L You could simply have the radio player at the top of the page like Warez-BB to with their "Wadio".

Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I realize RZ isn't only a MMORPG forum, but let's be serious, who among us will stop listening to our favorite stuff to listen to this Radio ? You can't sattisfy everyones prefferences and there are so many different people in this community... I would of course try it but it will never have enough active listeners to be worth the effort, and also managing it isn't so easy as it seems, people here join with flexible hours, even the staff

Reaction score
Hahaha can you imagine LordDemonMan being the DJ? aHAHAHAHA. Great idea LordDemonMan for DJ!! We could have like a phone in session were he Ldmizes them. I would have that poop playing in the backgrounf 24/7.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There was a radio / pod cast idea implemented, but it didn't last long. This basic idea has kept surfacing again and again over the last couple of years.

This says to me that there is demand, but that implementation and commitment must be in place, first.

The usual idea begins with music, and I take spruitjes' side on that point to say that it's off-topic. RZ is not about music, and we come from many backgrounds with very different musical tastes. Both commitment and interest will wane on that front when faced with radio stations which understand and dedicate themselves to the musical tastes of the people who follow them. Having said that, MentaL is a great musician, and I'd love to give him a place to air his music with us all. But if it isn't going to last, he can post SoundCloud and YouTube just as easy. :wink:

The idea of video games, the internet / info-tech and internet gaming updates, discussion, chat, reviews and so on is great... But doesn't video suite that better? Isn't that what MentaL is struggling to get people to contribute to the main (off-forum) site? If we can't get the logistics of that working, why will we be better at streaming radio?

In all honesty, IDK how other people are finding their life goes but, isn't "on demand" becoming the norm these days? Truthfully, I watch nothing on live TV any more, and rarely listen to radio broadcasts on analogue or the internet from live streams. I only watch and listen to pre-recorded stuff on "on demand" podcasts and catch-up services.

The only "live" stream I "tune in" to (there is no tuning the interntez XD) is RT.com and that's only because world news is now or never. :wink:

This is the only point where i can say that i am retreating all my words where I've said that this is a bad idea, because I'm thinking no now and came to the conclusion that it's not a bad idea at all so please don't mind me it was wrong from me to give this idea an bad intention and I am sure taking all my words back from now on.

Go radio.

Back