(Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Banned V for Vendetta is offline
    BannedRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    1,829Posts

    Re: (Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?


    RaGEZONE Recommends

    RaGEZONE Recommends

    Quote Originally Posted by Error 404 View Post
    You do realize there are quite a lot of people here, not because of MMORPG development?
    Well no but I've realized that behalf of the messages and daily post are going to the development sections and which are all MMORPG based now if I'm getting your point right you are stating that this is not only a MMORPG forum which i agree on but making a radio does still take the serious part off and i just don't really like it though.

  2. #17
    Gamma 404 is offline
    GammaRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    3,317Posts

    Re: (Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?

    Quote Originally Posted by spruitje View Post
    Well no but I've realized that behalf of the messages and daily post are going to the development sections and which are all MMORPG based now if I'm getting your point right you are stating that this is not only a MMORPG forum which i agree on but making a radio does still take the serious part off and i just don't really like it though.
    That's kind of selfish of you, to think that people who are here for MMORPG development are not in-need of a radio, but you did not add into consideration those people who enjoy their time here because of the community/friends/socialization.

  3. #18
    Banned V for Vendetta is offline
    BannedRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    1,829Posts

    Re: (Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Error 404 View Post
    That's kind of selfish of you, to think that people who are here for MMORPG development are not in-need of a radio, but you did not add into consideration those people who enjoy their time here because of the community/friends/socialization.
    Sorry but for my consideration is selfish a big word to say because it's my opinion about how i think about adding a radio to a such good community because this is a good forum and it have been running for more years now and just that true none of all are for the mmorpg but 90% is and so i didn't really think that this would fit in to the community.
    Last edited by V for Vendetta; 09-10-12 at 04:01 PM.

  4. #19
    Banned Sublime is offline
    BannedRank
    Dec 2010 Join Date
    On your shouldeLocation
    1,064Posts

    Re: (Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?

    Quote Originally Posted by spruitje View Post
    Sorry but for my consideration is selfish a big word to say because it's my opinion about how i think about adding a radio to a such good community because this is a good forum and it have been running for more years now and just that true none of all are for the mmorpg but 90% is and so i didn't really think that this would fit in to the community.
    It is simple.

    If you do not like it, do not listen to it.

    If i'm not mistaken, this would most likely be on another website (ragezone.fm or something..?) and if there were to be an embedded autoplayer on the forums, I'm assuming you'd be able to pause and/or mute it.

    This would do no harm, it would open more possibilities with Radio typed events (Find a clue amongst post for a free subscription, and more). It would also allow us to understand the community more with song requests being sent in, and understanding the type of music they like.

  5. #20
    Account Upgraded | Title Enabled! Jim Raynor is offline
    True MemberRank
    Nov 2008 Join Date
    SanctuaryLocation
    522Posts

    Re: (Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?

    Well i tried to work with this thread starter before.. he doesnt handle things very well.. just saying.


    If this were to happen ill be happy for it. Just not managed by that guy who started this thread :)

  6. #21
    karLi Ganja Co. El Jamie is offline
    GammaRank
    Nov 2007 Join Date
    Boob Island, BILocation
    3,118Posts

    Re: (Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?

    Quote Originally Posted by spruitje View Post
    Well no but I've realized that behalf of the messages and daily post are going to the development sections and which are all MMORPG based now if I'm getting your point right you are stating that this is not only a MMORPG forum which i agree on but making a radio does still take the serious part off and i just don't really like it though.
    I'm one of those people who came for the community rather than an MMORPG, personally, I think a radio would be a good idea, but it'd be pointless if we weren't making any sort of money out of it. Not to mention that if there was 'personal requests' Gangnam Style would be getting blasted out every half hour.

    Skype - el_jamie

  7. #22
    Photoshop Design Naphier is offline
    True MemberRank
    Jun 2012 Join Date
    Trenton, NJLocation
    1,066Posts

    Re: (Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?

    For one this is not that bad of an idea, even though it's been suggested previously. I don't think the seperate domain idea would work, people come on RaGEZONE for RaGEZONE, not nessicarily to listen to music, however if it was embedded on the main forum page, but not embedded into threads or sections like /f10 for example that would get annoying, but yes, if it was embedded onto forum.ragezone.com and no other pages with the option to mute I feel that it could work, but at the end of it, it's all up to Dan and being quite fair I don't think he'll go along with the idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie G View Post
    I'm one of those people who came for the community rather than an MMORPG, personally, I think a radio would be a good idea, but it'd be pointless if we weren't making any sort of money out of it. Not to mention that if there was 'personal requests' Gangnam Style would be getting blasted out every half hour.

  8. #23
    Banned V for Vendetta is offline
    BannedRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    1,829Posts

    Re: (Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie G View Post
    I'm one of those people who came for the community rather than an MMORPG, personally, I think a radio would be a good idea, but it'd be pointless if we weren't making any sort of money out of it. Not to mention that if there was 'personal requests' Gangnam Style would be getting blasted out every half hour.
    Well you can make a lot of money out of an Radio indeed

    Sublime - Agreed

  9. #24
    Custom title enabled bobsobol is offline
    May 2007 Join Date
    UKLocation
    5,751Posts

    Re: (Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?

    There was a radio / pod cast idea implemented, but it didn't last long. This basic idea has kept surfacing again and again over the last couple of years.

    This says to me that there is demand, but that implementation and commitment must be in place, first.

    The usual idea begins with music, and I take spruitjes' side on that point to say that it's off-topic. RZ is not about music, and we come from many backgrounds with very different musical tastes. Both commitment and interest will wane on that front when faced with radio stations which understand and dedicate themselves to the musical tastes of the people who follow them. Having said that, MentaL is a great musician, and I'd love to give him a place to air his music with us all. But if it isn't going to last, he can post SoundCloud and YouTube just as easy.

    The idea of video games, the internet / info-tech and internet gaming updates, discussion, chat, reviews and so on is great... But doesn't video suite that better? Isn't that what MentaL is struggling to get people to contribute to the main (off-forum) site? If we can't get the logistics of that working, why will we be better at streaming radio?

    In all honesty, IDK how other people are finding their life goes but, isn't "on demand" becoming the norm these days? Truthfully, I watch nothing on live TV any more, and rarely listen to radio broadcasts on analogue or the internet from live streams. I only watch and listen to pre-recorded stuff on "on demand" podcasts and catch-up services.

    The only "live" stream I "tune in" to (there is no tuning the interntez XD) is RT.com and that's only because world news is now or never.

  10. #25
    The one and only! Hejula is offline
    GammaRank
    Nov 2008 Join Date
    4,203Posts

    Re: (Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?

    Quote Originally Posted by NetVibeNet View Post
    Update: I got VelocityCentral.net and dot.fm Maby helping out, ill keep you upddated and posted on that....
    No need for a separate domain :L You could simply have the radio player at the top of the page like Warez-BB to with their "Wadio".

  11. #26
    Don't be a hater 1Word is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jan 2006 Join Date
    At homeLocation
    1,838Posts

    Re: (Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?

    I realize RZ isn't only a MMORPG forum, but let's be serious, who among us will stop listening to our favorite stuff to listen to this Radio ? You can't sattisfy everyones prefferences and there are so many different people in this community... I would of course try it but it will never have enough active listeners to be worth the effort, and also managing it isn't so easy as it seems, people here join with flexible hours, even the staff

  12. #27
    Grenafukindear Grenadier is offline
    True MemberRank
    Feb 2010 Join Date
    127.0.0.1Location
    1,328Posts

    Re: (Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?

    Hahaha can you imagine LordDemonMan being the DJ? aHAHAHAHA. Great idea LordDemonMan for DJ!! We could have like a phone in session were he Ldmizes them. I would have that shit playing in the backgrounf 24/7.

  13. #28
    Banned V for Vendetta is offline
    BannedRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    1,829Posts

    Re: (Idea) ~ Ragezone Radio ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bobsobol View Post
    There was a radio / pod cast idea implemented, but it didn't last long. This basic idea has kept surfacing again and again over the last couple of years.

    This says to me that there is demand, but that implementation and commitment must be in place, first.

    The usual idea begins with music, and I take spruitjes' side on that point to say that it's off-topic. RZ is not about music, and we come from many backgrounds with very different musical tastes. Both commitment and interest will wane on that front when faced with radio stations which understand and dedicate themselves to the musical tastes of the people who follow them. Having said that, MentaL is a great musician, and I'd love to give him a place to air his music with us all. But if it isn't going to last, he can post SoundCloud and YouTube just as easy.

    The idea of video games, the internet / info-tech and internet gaming updates, discussion, chat, reviews and so on is great... But doesn't video suite that better? Isn't that what MentaL is struggling to get people to contribute to the main (off-forum) site? If we can't get the logistics of that working, why will we be better at streaming radio?

    In all honesty, IDK how other people are finding their life goes but, isn't "on demand" becoming the norm these days? Truthfully, I watch nothing on live TV any more, and rarely listen to radio broadcasts on analogue or the internet from live streams. I only watch and listen to pre-recorded stuff on "on demand" podcasts and catch-up services.

    The only "live" stream I "tune in" to (there is no tuning the interntez XD) is RT.com and that's only because world news is now or never.
    This is the only point where i can say that i am retreating all my words where I've said that this is a bad idea, because I'm thinking no now and came to the conclusion that it's not a bad idea at all so please don't mind me it was wrong from me to give this idea an bad intention and I am sure taking all my words back from now on.

    Go radio.




Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement