Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Can we make internal links open in the same target rather than a new window/tab?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm writing a book, basically, in the tutorials section. I feel there's a need for a tutorial on creating an MMO from scratch, since this forum is an MMO Development Community. But there's a problem. Every time I link to a different thread, the browser opens up a new tab. I was thinking, this happens all over the forum for internal and external links. If I receive a like, when I look at the thread, it opens in a new tab. It happens everywhere! I end up with 10 ragezone tabs open.

I think it would work better if external links (links to google.com for example) open up in a new tab. But internal links (to other ragezone forum pages) should open up in the same tab. Is it too much work to have it function like that?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hm, it doesn't happen on other sites. Maybe there's a user setting on ragezone or something. I'll poke around.

Edit: It happens on firefox, too (using chrome default). It only happens when I click links in threads or comments. For example, from the forum home, clicking on this thread opens in same tab. But if I click the link to my tutorial within this thread, it opens in a new tab. Checking user settings now.

Reaction score
I use the advanced wysiwyg editor (CKEditor), if that matters. I like it because I can copy/paste highlighted JavaScript code into
Code:
 tags rather than [php] tags.

Edit: Didn't see any user setting for this.

Edit2: Here is the code I get from the chrome inspector for the link in this thread:
[code]
<a title="1.) MMO From Scratch - Introduction" href="!1092707!f578/1-mmo-scratch-introduction-1092707/" target="_blank">a book, basically, in the tutorials section</a>
edit: For some reason, when I save it's changing 'http://forum.ragezone.com/f578/1-mmo-scratch-introduction-1092707/' to '!1092707!f578/1-mmo-scratch-introduction-1092707/' lol, *facepalm*
The href is absolute, but it's like that with all links.. For example, the link to Suggestions section:
Code:
<a href="http://forum.ragezone.com/f600/" itemprop="url"><span itemprop="title">Suggestions</span></a>

It should be possible to check if the link starts with 'http://forum.ragezone.com' and make the target '_self' or just not define a target.

Edit:

Also, if you goto your profile and click Post Thanks / Like- then click on the post that someone liked, that opens in a new tab. It does not open in a new tab under Quotes, Mentions, or Suggestions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back