About Likes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question About Likes

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Hey,

Current likes settings are like: you can like/dislike every XX seconds same person so u can even boost up/spam/hate like or dislike any member you like.

What about max like/dislike limit daily to 5 by giving like/dislike to the same Member?
    Something like the reputation thing but ofcourse without need to get back likes or dislikes required.
    Instead with some limit atleast cus i received some hate Dislikes by some1 today here:

test.png

It hasnt affected anything on my status yet but still sounds unnormal, what do u think?

Thankies

Alpha MaleRank
    Apr 2010 Join Date
    2,083Posts

Re: About Likes

I think that right now, if proven, the ability to like or dislike is taken away when abused.

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    01942Location
    1,374Posts

That's clearly someone just abusing the like/dislike system which is surprisingly common. I've had it done to me a few times.

I think the idea of limiting the amount of likes/dislikes per day would stop the spamming of the like system but that's all it would do. There's no major benefit from it really.

The world's gone mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Unphased Is an extremely banter worthy person to have a mass conversation with on utter shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Unphased View Post
    That's clearly someone just abusing the like/dislike system which is surprisingly common. I've had it done to me a few times.

I think the idea of limiting the amount of likes/dislikes per day would stop the spamming of the like system but that's all it would do. There's no major benefit from it really.
    Yeah exactly, what about being able to Like the same person every 3/6 hours once atleast?
    it will limit the abusing abit and the likes will not look like you are gettin abused but ofcourse the one who wants to badly Unlike you will do it everyday whenever possible, lets get more ideas on preventing that :)

SupervisorRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    1,899Posts

Hmm I wouldn't limit the like amount.
    That you can like / dislike someones post every 60 seconds is only a protection from bots. It's the same with the Report Post function and the Reputation function. An ajax request can only be sent every 60 seconds on RZ.

However limiting the amount of dislikes you can give the same user per day/week/other interval, could indeed help prevent such abuses from users.
    I'd vouch for that

Quote Originally Posted by A Wise Man
    P-Servers are NOT dead. Bugs need squishing. Quests need fixing. Unfortunately, majority of people don't know the difference between a computer and a toaster so...

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Hmm I wouldn't limit the like amount.
    That you can like / dislike someones post every 60 seconds is only a protection from bots. It's the same with the Report Post function and the Reputation function. An ajax request can only be sent every 60 seconds on RZ.

However limiting the amount of dislikes you can give the same user per day/week/other interval, could indeed help prevent such abuses from users.
    I'd vouch for that
    Yeah only for dislikes if its possible it would be great vouch for that aswell :) !
    Althought for Likes it too it would be good too because still people can abuse their own accounts lol.

DeveloperRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    2,438Posts

I don't generally give out dislikes (maybe 5 or 6 so far), so I'm fine with limiting this feature or trimming down the number of uses per day/week/month (whatever the choice).

Regarding Likes. An entirely different ball game. I prefer to give Likes where I feel deserved.
    What is the point in limiting it?
    Likes are the means by which members say thank you on the forum.
    They eliminate posting off topic thank you messages, which just get removed by Moderators anyhow.
    Limiting this feature will only create more posts saying thank you when others cannot continue to click Like.
    Another note, likes don't offer any benefit on the forum aside from giving the member a sense of appreciation. I like to know when something I've shared is appreciated, it makes the time invested on my part, rewarding.
    Again, no reason to limit or remove it.
    If you are talking to someone pretending to be me aka DNC, you're about to be scammed.
    Do not come to this forum complaining that you were scammed; when buying, selling, trading files is against forum rules.
    Don't point a finger at me, I am not talking with anyone.

ModeratorRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    InternetLocation
    2,479Posts

Just report these issues to a super or MentaL, one of them will solve it for you.
    Last edited by Taiga; 24-11-15 at 05:32 PM.

Moderator & Developer
    I CAN NOT HELP YOU WITH YOUR SERVER, USE THE CORRECT HELP SECTION INSTEAD.
    I AM ONLY TAIGA ON RAGEZONE!
    BE CAREFUL WITH IMPOSTORS!

DO NOT PM ME FOR GAME RELATED QUESTIONS, THESE MESSAGES WILL BE IGNORED!

The Rules | Discord | MMORPG Extra | Contact Me

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    01942Location
    1,374Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DNC View Post
    I don't generally give out dislikes (maybe 5 or 6 so far), so I'm fine with limiting this feature or trimming down the number of uses per day/week/month (whatever the choice).

Regarding Likes. An entirely different ball game. I prefer to give Likes where I feel deserved.
    What is the point in limiting it?
    Likes are the means by which members say thank you on the forum.
    They eliminate posting off topic thank you messages, which just get removed by Moderators anyhow.
    Limiting this feature will only create more posts saying thank you when others cannot continue to click Like.
    Another note, likes don't offer any benefit on the forum aside from giving the member a sense of appreciation. I like to know when something I've shared is appreciated, it makes the time invested on my part, rewarding.
    Again, no reason to limit or remove it.
    He isn't talking about limiting likes/dislikes in general, he's leaning more towards limiting the amount of likes you can give one member.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

The world's gone mad
    Unphased Is an extremely banter worthy person to have a mass conversation with on utter shit.

The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,932Posts

If you see someone abusing the (dis)like system contact @MentaL, he'll take actions when deemed appropriate.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063

Alpha MaleRank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    The NetherlandsLocation
    2,229Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    If you see someone abusing the (dis)like system contact @MentaL, he'll take actions when deemed appropriate.
    The only problem is whenever people receive a lot of dislikes from a certain person he/she will complain about it being abuse, even though the other person just doesn't like the posts.
    https://aurora-dev.com/ - https://worldofmrjosh.com

No matter how much you fall down, you can always reach your destination by standing up again.

DeveloperRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    2,438Posts

He isn't talking about limiting likes/dislikes in general, he's leaning more towards limiting the amount of likes you can give one member.

So, say I release files in several threads, like normal.
    I can't receive multiple likes because someone doesn't like the Like system. The very system that says thank you, because posting thank you isn't permitted?
    John Doe clicks like on 1 release, cannot click like on the other 2 releases, and starts posting thank you messages that get deleted... What about multiple posts where important information is posted? Have lots of those as well, lol. Yeah, that makes all sorts of sense to trim down Likes...
    Get real folks.
    Again, the Dislike issue is fine to bring up and should be in my book. But the Like system shouldn't even be brought up.
    If you are talking to someone pretending to be me aka DNC, you're about to be scammed.
    Do not come to this forum complaining that you were scammed; when buying, selling, trading files is against forum rules.

I can't receive multiple likes because someone doesn't like the Like system. The very system that says thank you, because posting thank you isn't permitted?
    John Doe clicks like on 1 release, cannot click like on the other 2 releases, and starts posting thank you messages that get deleted... What about multiple posts where important information is posted? Have lots of those as well, lol. Yeah, that makes all sorts of sense to trim down Likes...
    Get real folks.
    Again, the Dislike issue is fine to bring up and should be in my book. But the Like system shouldn't even be brought up.
    If the Like system doesn't affect/change your rank/reputation then i will say let it be, i thought after 50 + unlikes its like you got 1 negative rep.
    Don't really care about it if it doesn't do any change then, thats the whole reason i made this thread mate :)

SubscriberRank
    Jul 2012 Join Date
    01942Location
    1,374Posts

Get real folks.
    It doesn't take 4-5 likes for you to know they like your content...

The world's gone mad

DeveloperRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    2,438Posts

It doesn't take 4-5 likes for you to know they like your content...

Don't be a wise ass and read what was written before you post crap.
    It states in Multiple Releases and Multiple important posts.
    I don't expect you to agree, but at least read what is written before you make a 1 sentence retort and have no clue wtf you're writing.

I'll make this simpler for you.
    Replying in threads in the Star Trek section with important information, have 2 new Releases in the Dragona section, have a continuing Release in the MMORPG Extras that gets updated frequently. (keep in mind I reply with help in a lot more locations than mentioned here regularly, so I would appreciate knowing the information is useful or not)
    So based on what you've written, if I reply to all these locations and 1 person decides they like the content of each of those, they shouldn't be permitted to show they appreciate the time invested in the information?
    This makes total sense (sarcasm of course)
    Grow up already.

This thread is getting really stupid.
    You feel someone is abusing the ability, do as @CodeDragon has mentioned, report the issue to a Super and await a response.
    Otherwise stop with the petty replies, especially when you pay no attention to what you are replying to or the reply with which you respond.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KarLi View Post
    If the Like system doesn't affect/change your rank/reputation then i will say let it be, i thought after 50 + unlikes its like you got 1 negative rep.
    Don't really care about it if it doesn't do any change then, thats the whole reason i made this thread mate :)
    Not directed at you, but replying about the content of this post itself. Neither is this a negative reply.
    The rep bar doesn't define you.
    Likes and dislikes don't make or break the person or the information shared. What it does do is allow the author of the liked / disliked content to know whether they gave good information or not.
    Reputation bar does go up and down based on likes / dislikes. But since when does anyone on the forum say; omg that guy created a Release but wow look at that crap rep bar, I don't think I'll like the game or the content. Even those with the red rep bars' still get people to follow their posted releases, tutorials, etc. So, the rep bar doesn't do anything more than show you received likes or dislikes during your time on the forum.

When you spend enough time in a section or sections, people get to know you for what you share. This is what defines you, not the number of gold stars a kindergarten teacher handed out.

- - - Updated - - -

PS
    If you folks don't like displaying the Likes or Dislikes.
    You know you can go to your settings page.
    Scroll down and find directly below DBTech - Post Thanks, the settings option.
    Click on settings and change the following (use the check box):
    Postbit Settings
    =============
    Turns off the "Given" and "Received" postbit stats for this button.
    Dislikes
    Disable Button's Postbit Stats
    Turns off the "Given" and "Received" postbit stats for this button.

Issue solved....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement