Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

About Likes

Reaction score
Hey,

Current likes settings are like: you can like/dislike every XX seconds same person so u can even boost up/spam/hate like or dislike any member you like.

What about max like/dislike limit daily to 5 by giving like/dislike to the same Member?
Something like the reputation thing but ofcourse without need to get back likes or dislikes required.
Instead with some limit atleast cus i received some hate Dislikes by some1 today here:

test.png

It hasnt affected anything on my status yet but still sounds unnormal, what do u think?

Thankies

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's clearly someone just abusing the like/dislike system which is surprisingly common. I've had it done to me a few times.

I think the idea of limiting the amount of likes/dislikes per day would stop the spamming of the like system but that's all it would do. There's no major benefit from it really.

Reaction score
That's clearly someone just abusing the like/dislike system which is surprisingly common. I've had it done to me a few times.

I think the idea of limiting the amount of likes/dislikes per day would stop the spamming of the like system but that's all it would do. There's no major benefit from it really.

Yeah exactly, what about being able to Like the same person every 3/6 hours once atleast?
it will limit the abusing abit and the likes will not look like you are gettin abused but ofcourse the one who wants to badly Unlike you will do it everyday whenever possible, lets get more ideas on preventing that :)

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Hmm I wouldn't limit the like amount.
That you can like / dislike someones post every 60 seconds is only a protection from bots. It's the same with the Report Post function and the Reputation function. An ajax request can only be sent every 60 seconds on RZ.

However limiting the amount of dislikes you can give the same user per day/week/other interval, could indeed help prevent such abuses from users.
I'd vouch for that :thumbup1:

Reaction score
Hmm I wouldn't limit the like amount.
That you can like / dislike someones post every 60 seconds is only a protection from bots. It's the same with the Report Post function and the Reputation function. An ajax request can only be sent every 60 seconds on RZ.

However limiting the amount of dislikes you can give the same user per day/week/other interval, could indeed help prevent such abuses from users.
I'd vouch for that :thumbup1:

Yeah only for dislikes if its possible it would be great vouch for that aswell :) !
Althought for Likes it too it would be good too because still people can abuse their own accounts lol.

Reaction score
I don't generally give out dislikes (maybe 5 or 6 so far), so I'm fine with limiting this feature or trimming down the number of uses per day/week/month (whatever the choice).

Regarding Likes. An entirely different ball game. I prefer to give Likes where I feel deserved.
What is the point in limiting it?
Likes are the means by which members say thank you on the forum.
They eliminate posting off topic thank you messages, which just get removed by Moderators anyhow.
Limiting this feature will only create more posts saying thank you when others cannot continue to click Like.
Another note, likes don't offer any benefit on the forum aside from giving the member a sense of appreciation. I like to know when something I've shared is appreciated, it makes the time invested on my part, rewarding.
Again, no reason to limit or remove it.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Just report these issues to a super or MentaL, one of them will solve it for you.

Last edited:
ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't generally give out dislikes (maybe 5 or 6 so far), so I'm fine with limiting this feature or trimming down the number of uses per day/week/month (whatever the choice).

Regarding Likes. An entirely different ball game. I prefer to give Likes where I feel deserved.
What is the point in limiting it?
Likes are the means by which members say thank you on the forum.
They eliminate posting off topic thank you messages, which just get removed by Moderators anyhow.
Limiting this feature will only create more posts saying thank you when others cannot continue to click Like.
Another note, likes don't offer any benefit on the forum aside from giving the member a sense of appreciation. I like to know when something I've shared is appreciated, it makes the time invested on my part, rewarding.
Again, no reason to limit or remove it.
He isn't talking about limiting likes/dislikes in general, he's leaning more towards limiting the amount of likes you can give one member.

Reaction score
He isn't talking about limiting likes/dislikes in general, he's leaning more towards limiting the amount of likes you can give one member.

So, say I release files in several threads, like normal.
I can't receive multiple likes because someone doesn't like the Like system. The very system that says thank you, because posting thank you isn't permitted?
John Doe clicks like on 1 release, cannot click like on the other 2 releases, and starts posting thank you messages that get deleted... What about multiple posts where important information is posted? Have lots of those as well, lol. Yeah, that makes all sorts of sense to trim down Likes...
Get real folks.
Again, the Dislike issue is fine to bring up and should be in my book. But the Like system shouldn't even be brought up.

Reaction score
I can't receive multiple likes because someone doesn't like the Like system. The very system that says thank you, because posting thank you isn't permitted?
John Doe clicks like on 1 release, cannot click like on the other 2 releases, and starts posting thank you messages that get deleted... What about multiple posts where important information is posted? Have lots of those as well, lol. Yeah, that makes all sorts of sense to trim down Likes...
Get real folks.
Again, the Dislike issue is fine to bring up and should be in my book. But the Like system shouldn't even be brought up.

If the Like system doesn't affect/change your rank/reputation then i will say let it be, i thought after 50 + unlikes its like you got 1 negative rep.
Don't really care about it if it doesn't do any change then, thats the whole reason i made this thread mate :)

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Get real folks.
It doesn't take 4-5 likes for you to know they like your content...

Reaction score
It doesn't take 4-5 likes for you to know they like your content...

Don't be a wise butt and read what was written before you post crap.
It states in Multiple Releases and Multiple important posts.
I don't expect you to agree, but at least read what is written before you make a 1 sentence retort and have no clue wtf you're writing.

I'll make this simpler for you.
Replying in threads in the Star Trek section with important information, have 2 new Releases in the Dragona section, have a continuing Release in the MMORPG Extras that gets updated frequently. (keep in mind I reply with help in a lot more locations than mentioned here regularly, so I would appreciate knowing the information is useful or not)
So based on what you've written, if I reply to all these locations and 1 person decides they like the content of each of those, they shouldn't be permitted to show they appreciate the time invested in the information?
This makes total sense (sarcasm of course)
Grow up already.

This thread is getting really stupid.
You feel someone is abusing the ability, do as CodeDragon has mentioned, report the issue to a Super and await a response.
Otherwise stop with the petty replies, especially when you pay no attention to what you are replying to or the reply with which you respond.

If the Like system doesn't affect/change your rank/reputation then i will say let it be, i thought after 50 + unlikes its like you got 1 negative rep.
Don't really care about it if it doesn't do any change then, thats the whole reason i made this thread mate :)

Not directed at you, but replying about the content of this post itself. Neither is this a negative reply.
The rep bar doesn't define you.
Likes and dislikes don't make or break the person or the information shared. What it does do is allow the author of the liked / disliked content to know whether they gave good information or not.
Reputation bar does go up and down based on likes / dislikes. But since when does anyone on the forum say; omg that guy created a Release but wow look at that crap rep bar, I don't think I'll like the game or the content. Even those with the red rep bars' still get people to follow their posted releases, tutorials, etc. So, the rep bar doesn't do anything more than show you received likes or dislikes during your time on the forum.

When you spend enough time in a section or sections, people get to know you for what you share. This is what defines you, not the number of gold stars a kindergarten teacher handed out.

PS
If you folks don't like displaying the Likes or Dislikes.
You know you can go to your settings page.
Scroll down and find directly below DBTech - Post Thanks, the settings option.
Click on settings and change the following (use the check box):
Postbit Settings
=============
Turns off the "Given" and "Received" postbit stats for this button.
Dislikes
Disable Button's Postbit Stats
Turns off the "Given" and "Received" postbit stats for this button.

Issue solved....

Reaction score
@DNC

but u just said rep bar goes up and down based on likes/dislikes, so lets say you are working hard to make a good rep to be more trustworthy to people and then someone just dislikes ur posts everyday and ur bar goes low and your status gets negativer, yes turn the likes and dislikes off but the rep bar still stands there, and u might not want to hide it either,u personally dont care but others Do, its not just about you bro but i agree that it shouldn't be limited and if u get abused u should contact a Super Mod.

have a good day to every1. and thread can be closed.

Sent from my iPhone.

Reaction score
I appreciate most of the posts in this thread and your candor.
Don't take anything I've written personally.

This topic doesn't come across as a benefit. Just a topic where some people dislike a feature of the forum.

The current method for resolving issues is the same as reporting abuse of forum rules. Just report the post in which you felt you are being abused by someone clicking dislike or like too frequently and see what staff do about it.

Cheers

Reaction score
I appreciate most of the posts in this thread and your candor.
Don't take anything I've written personally.

This topic doesn't come across as a benefit. Just a topic where some people dislike a feature of the forum.

The current method for resolving issues is the same as reporting abuse of forum rules. Just report the post in which you felt you are being abused by someone clicking dislike or like too frequently and see what staff do about it.

Cheers

Same here brother.
The topic is only sharing and giving our ideas and thoughts about the current functions of like/dislike reputation system.
Peace to all of ya :)

Back