MapleStory Section's Moderators.

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    I'm overrated. Fraysa is offline
    GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    4,818Posts

    MapleStory Section's Moderators.


    RaGEZONE Recommends

    RaGEZONE Recommends

    Note: Sorry, I wasn't sure where this belongs, so I put it here.

    -

    I'm very frustruated. It seems like the moderators of the MapleStory section are being bribed or something, I'm serious. Here are two examples:

    1. @s4nta, a developer, opened a thread for his MapleStory source code release. Yes, the source code was not completed but it was good enough for now, as there are no high-version public sources available out there other than his. Everything was fine, and then I saw @Apparition (ExtremeDevilz) asking the moderators to remove the thread as it's a "troll" thread for some reason in his reply. Unsurprisingly, the thread was removed after 10 minutes by @Kreeate, the supervisor of the section. It seems like both of them has some weird, hidden relationship or something? This is definitely not the first time we're witnessed to such thing between these two. Not to mention the thread was closed without any notice, or without stating the reason of the closure.

    2. I opened a discussion at the main section. The thread's name was "/f425 Improvement". I expliclity stated that the thread's purpose is to throw out suggestions so the section can improve and not intentionally mocking moderators, or anything like that. I also stated that there is no rule against such thing, and kindly asked that the thread would be kept and not removed. Moreover, I even stated my own opinion there and some suggestions to improve the forums (where else would I do it? I wanted the whole community of the MapleStory section to contribute to it and participate). Guess what? The thread was removed after about an half-hour.

    And the big question is - why? It feels like the moderators are against us, we shouldn't be feared of them, what's going on? Can't we express our opinions anymore? Our only goal is to improve the forums we are using, so what's wrong with that?

    I would like all of the moderators of the MapleStory section to shed some light on this. @retep998, @kevintjuh93 and @Kreeate.

    Best regards.



    EDIT: I just received a Private Message from @Kreeate stating why my thread was removed. Comes to his defense, he thought the thread was made so the users can point out who's a good or a bad moderator. I explicity stated the following (quote):

    Please keep this discussion clean. This discussion's purpose is to point out moderation mistakes/flaws in general and not specifically, so our section can improve.
    I stated, 'in general and not specifically', meaning I wanted the users to express their opinions about moderation in general; how to keep the section clean from spammers or flamers, how to improve the activity, etcetera.



    EDIT 2: @Kreeate still thinks that my intention was to express opinion about the moderators. That's simply not true. I wanted users to express their opinions about the section so it can improve, that's all.
    Last edited by Fraysa; 17-05-14 at 03:28 PM.


  2. #2
    Member s4nta is offline
    MemberRank
    Sep 2013 Join Date
    68Posts

    Re: MapleStory Section's Moderators.

    @Kreeate closes threads without notice, as seen in SengokuMS v148.

    I did not receive a PM, nor did he post in the thread regarding closure. When I attempted to re-post my content, he infracted me.

    I understand that he is attempting to keep the thread clean, but closing threads without prior notice is unacceptable in my opinion. In the thread, many of the posts were public requests for help. A better alternative would have been cleaning the thread and keeping legitimate posts up.
    ms is dead

  3. #3
    Death from above! The General is offline
    The OmegaRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    8,932Posts

    Re: MapleStory Section's Moderators.

    I highly doubt Kreeate would take money to do certain stuff.

    Too be honest, I think that super(visors / mods) that never modded that certain section and have no certain knowledge about what might be considered as a re-release or troll thread take their actions way to quickly without even investigating it (Asking other members / section mods about it).

    It feels like they take their actions way to quick.

    Back in the day you would receive a PM with the reason why your post (/thread) has been deleted. Nowadays its only guessing why.
    If you are using Arcturus, contact me
    Skype: wesley.jabbo
    Discord: TheGeneral#0063


  4. #4
    I'm overrated. Fraysa is offline
    GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    4,818Posts

    Re: MapleStory Section's Moderators.

    Quote Originally Posted by tdid View Post
    I highly doubt Kreeate would take money to do certain stuff.

    Too be honest, I think that super(visors / mods) that never modded that certain section and have no certain knowledge about what might be considered as a re-release or troll thread take their actions way to quickly without even investigating it (Asking other members / section mods about it).

    It feels like they take their actions way to quick.

    Back in the day you would receive a PM with the reason why your post (/thread) has been deleted. Nowadays its only guessing why.
    I obviously wasn't serious about taking bribe. And yes, you are correct. Actions are being taken too quickly without investigating anything.

  5. #5
    Non Omnis Moriar Kreeate is offline
    LegendRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    2,322Posts

    Re: MapleStory Section's Moderators.

    Drama... lovely.

    I did NOT delete s4nta's thread mate. I closed it. Many users ( not only the member you mention ) were stating that it is simply a troll thread.
    People were starting to go off-topic and getting personal and I closed the thread as a result.
    s4nta then re-created the thread and posted it again. That thread I deleted simply because it was a duplicate thread.

    As for your thread... your intention was clearly to have a go at the moderators. No matter how you try to twist your own words, it's clear as daylight.
    Perhaps you feel that the moderators are against the members because so many members are actually breaking the rules and they are not getting away with it any more? There have been a few troll releases and a LOT of flaming/spamming/insulting going on lately. Now all the MS members want to start crying because the moderators are taking action against this kind of behavior?

    The MS section is for MMO development and NOT for discussing staff. The RaGEZONE staff will discuss how to... and I'll quote you here "how to keep the section clean from spammers or flamers". You are free to make a thread suggesting how to improve activity in the section, but discussing staff is a big no. Like I have told you numerous times now, if you or anyone else have a problem with any staff member, take it to their superior. In the case of Super Moderators, take it up with MentaL.


    Quote Originally Posted by s4nta View Post
    @Kreeate closes threads without notice, as seen in SengokuMS v148.

    I did not receive a PM, nor did he post in the thread regarding closure. When I attempted to re-post my content, he infracted me.

    I understand that he is attempting to keep the thread clean, but closing threads without prior notice is unacceptable in my opinion. In the thread, many of the posts were public requests for help. A better alternative would have been cleaning the thread and keeping legitimate posts up.
    If I had to notify everyone whose thread I close on the forums, I would never do anything else.
    Why did you not PM me and ask why your thread was closed? It's a two way street mate.
    IXXI

  6. #6
    I'm overrated. Fraysa is offline
    GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    4,818Posts

    Re: MapleStory Section's Moderators.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeate View Post
    Drama... lovely.

    I did NOT delete s4nta's thread mate. I closed it. Many users ( not only the member you mention ) were stating that it is simply a troll thread.
    People were starting to go off-topic and getting personal and I closed the thread as a result.
    s4nta then re-created the thread and posted it again. That thread I deleted simply because it was a duplicate thread.

    As for your thread... your intention was clearly to have a go at the moderators. No matter how you try to twist your own words, it's clear as daylight.
    Perhaps you feel that the moderators are against the members because so many members are actually breaking the rules and they are not getting away with it any more? There have been a few troll releases and a LOT of flaming/spamming/insulting going on lately. Now all the MS members want to start crying because the moderators are taking action against this kind of behavior?

    The MS section is for MMO development and NOT for discussing staff. The RaGEZONE staff will discuss how to... and I'll quote you here "how to keep the section clean from spammers or flamers". You are free to make a thread suggesting how to improve activity in the section, but discussing staff is a big no. Like I have told you numerous times now, if you or anyone else have a problem with any staff member, take it to their superior. In the case of Super Moderators, take it up with MentaL.
    How can you tell me what my intention was, exactly? The intention was to improve the forums by letting users expressing their opinions, something that seems forbidden lately, as moderators are throwing infractions when someone wants to express what they think. I have no problem with any of the moderators, once again, I simply wanted to improve the section as I've been there for a couple of years. I will not risk my reputation just because I dislike one moderator, right?

    About @s4nta's thread - the action was taken too quickly. Even if it was a troll (I don't consider it as a troll), it was a release. It's a contribuiton, even if it was as simple as changing one file. @s4nta himself admitted that he wanted users to improve his files and post updates in the thread itself. If it went off-topic, you could have cleaned it, but why lock it, exactly? Because @Apparition said so?

  7. #7
    Member s4nta is offline
    MemberRank
    Sep 2013 Join Date
    68Posts

    Re: MapleStory Section's Moderators.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeate View Post
    Drama... lovely.

    s4nta then re-created the thread and posted it again. That thread I deleted simply because it was a duplicate thread.

    If I had to notify everyone whose thread I close on the forums, I would never do anything else.
    Why did you not PM me and ask why your thread was closed? It's a two way street mate.
    I did not PM you because you seem like a busy man, closing threads, posting warnings and whatnot. I simply reposted it so people could continue to ask questions, and then I got infracted.
    ms is dead

  8. #8
    Non Omnis Moriar Kreeate is offline
    LegendRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    2,322Posts

    Re: MapleStory Section's Moderators.

    I am sorting s4nta's thread out with him via PM


    @Fraysa As for your thread being deleted... I stand by what I said and still believe you wanted to have a go at the moderators. Other staff can have a look at the soft delete of your thread and make up their own minds. The "debate" is over as far as I'm concerned.
    IXXI

  9. #9
    I'm overrated. Fraysa is offline
    GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    4,818Posts

    Re: MapleStory Section's Moderators.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeate View Post
    I am sorting s4nta's thread out with him via PM

    As for your thread being deleted... I stand by what I said and still believe you wanted to have a go at the moderators.
    Other staff can have a look at the soft delete of your thread and make up their own minds.
    The "debate" is over as far as I'm concerned.
    I've been in the RaGEZONE forums (and in the MapleStory section) for over 6 years. I would not risk my reputation just to go at the moderators. Things simply got out of context, that's all. You still misunderstand me, but, if that's what you wish - go ahead.

  10. #10
    Non Omnis Moriar Kreeate is offline
    LegendRank
    Aug 2010 Join Date
    2,322Posts

    Re: MapleStory Section's Moderators.

    Right... let's call it a misunderstanding by me regarding your choice of wording?
    Feel free to make your thread again, but please leave the moderation part out of it. Moderator issues should be discussed with their superiors via PM only please.


    And slightly off topic :

    When we take action quickly --> "we take actions too quickly"
    When we don't action reports quick enough --> "we are not quick enough"

    lol you gais!!


    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm closing this thread now as the issue seems to be somewhat resolved.
    If there are any other matters that you are concerned about, please PM one of the Supers, or myself.

    Thanks.
    Last edited by Kreeate; 17-05-14 at 04:51 PM.
    IXXI




Advertisement