Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mapletory website subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.
BloopBloop
Reaction score
(The edit button does still hate me)

Well i got a suggestion and that is to add a new sub-forum in the MapleStory section for websites.
I also made this post in the maplestory section, with a link to this thread, duo to the reason that this suggestion isn't only a "me-suggestion", but belongs to the whole community of the MapleStory section.

For now websites are posted in the lternative language section
, however most of the posts in the alternative language, what actually should be used for emulators/ useful tools written in the non java language are websites. If you for example take look at the development section (http://forum.ragezone.com/f689/) then 90% of the developments are websites/ website designs , and only 10% are actually real emulator developments/ tools that are useful for maplestory. In the release section (http://forum.ragezone.com/f690/) around 50% of the releases are websites, furthermore in the help section (http://forum.ragezone.com/f692/index2.html) around 10% of the questions are for websites.(this could be seen as almost nothing xD).

The new sub-forum for websites could be used for:

• Asking for help on making a website for maplestory
  • Asking for reviews on your design.
  • Releasing your website and way more!

All with all there is enough website development in the maplestory section and i and probably more people think that it is time for a sub forum.

Poll:
(Special thnx to retep for explaining how you could hack this poll......., so a comment at this thread is better than clicking the poll!!! )

Last edited:
Reaction score
"yes,but only if hilia helps finding all the website threads in the alternative language sub-forum ,that should get moved to the new website sub forum"

+1 for this idea.

BloopBloop
Reaction score
I'd personally support the follow division to replace the current one.
1. Private Servers
2. Websites
3. Everything else

Something like this?

1. Private Servers
Java,C#,C++,haskell emulators etc. (also own made clients, like: NoLifeStrory,Elems client etc?)

2. Websites
Everything related to websites (expect a emulator coded in PHP xD)

3. Everything else
Redirectors,Localhosts,NxFile,WzFiles,NxTools,WzTools. (own made clients?)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Something like this?

1. Private Servers
Java,C#,C++,haskell emulators etc. (also own made clients, like: NoLifeStrory,Elems client etc?)

2. Websites
Everything related to websites (expect a emulator coded in PHP xD)

3. Everything else
Redirectors,Localhosts,NxFile,WzFiles,NxTools,WzTools. (own made clients?)
Hmmm, I'm not entirely sure where to put clients like NLS and Elem's thing. It's even worse for NoLifeStory, because I eventually plan on writing a server as part of it, maybe even a website to go with it too.

EDIT: Apparently your poll only checks cookies, so you don't even need a proxy. Just opening up a private browsing session for the poll over and over will work. Hell, I could probably automate this with a simple script.

BloopBloop
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm not entirely sure where to put clients like NLS and Elem's thing. It's even worse for NoLifeStory, because I eventually plan on writing a server as part of it, maybe even a website to go with it too.

EDIT: Apparently your poll only checks cookies, so you don't even need a proxy. Just opening up a private browsing session for the poll over and over will work. Hell, I could probably automate this with a simple script.

The poll is just for fun, the comments in this thread do really count. But for now it looks like that most of the people who gave a opinion (in this thread, not the poll!!) are indeed in for a change in the sub-forums= adding website section.

I am also seriously seeing something for the first suggestion; putting all the emulators together, expect of 2 separated place.

EDIT:
Something like this? (not sure about the "other" section, maybe the Wz section should stay separated)
404_image.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not yet convinced this idea is feasible.

More sections ( complicated, sub-sections, details ) usually equals more "police" work.
Less sections ( current section with clear rules ) equals less work and much more manageable.

In an ideal world, only ONE section would be required to service all possible needs.
Unfortunately not all members bother to read the rules and many don't even care about the rules even after reading it.
The MapleStory section has already been divided into many sub-sections to try and cater for the needs of everyone.

Adding an additional section will open a world of opportunity for new members to spam and "miss-post" yet again.
As things are at the moment, the members/users are constantly spamming/miss-posting etc.
In my opinion, MapleStory is like a 2nd Spamzilla at the moment.

The general attitude of the MapleStory community needs to mature to the point where spam is not a priority.
Many, many users/members opt to spam, rather than post productive content.

Until this changes, I doubt any new sections will be allocated.

Reaction score
As a web developer who does a lot of work in the Maple section, I would love to have a website section. Websites are arguably more important than WZ edits, which has it's own section. Finding threads to move to the Website section would take a matter of a few hours, so it's totally feasible.

Reaction score
Thing I don't understand is, why is there a General Maplestory/Private Server Maplestory section. Shouldn't that just be posted inside the 'MapleStory' section? If anything that is the most useless section in that area. Can't we just rename that section or something to the Websites. Cause 5x more threads are being posted in the Alternative Section, than in the General section, so why can't we remove that, and add in something that is useful.

That one pokemon thing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thing I don't understand is, why is there a General Maplestory/Private Server Maplestory section. Shouldn't that just be posted inside the 'MapleStory' section? If anything that is the most useless section in that area. Can't we just rename that section or something to the Websites. Cause 5x more threads are being posted in the Alternative Section, than in the General section, so why can't we remove that, and add in something that is useful.

Oh, so I ain't the only one that find the MapleStory, Java(main) and Alternative(main) subforums utterly useless.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would love to learn how to make an CMS 100% support for this.

Reaction score
Oh, so I ain't the only one that find the MapleStory, Java(main) and Alternative(main) subforums utterly useless.
Oh definitely. Even if we don't add new sections, can we at least eliminate those sections please?
I'm tired of having to check those section find all the incorrectly located topics and move them.
@Kreeate seems hell bent on not letting more sections be created, so maybe he'll support getting rid of sections?

I still do not understand how Kreeate thinks a website / pserver division is less logical than the current java / alternative division.
Oh the horror I have to endure every time I see a misplaced help topic, which is clearly related to pservers, but I can't tell whether it is for java or alternative languages, so I just dump it in java and hope for the best.

Reaction score
If you don't want to clean it , then why don't we get a mod who wants to clean it?
I am sure that we could at least find one person in the maplestory section who is the right person for the job.

You seem to misunderstand. I love my job. I love cleaning out useless rubbish.
My statement was in response to oxy's misconception that there is no spam in the MS section.

I still do not understand how Kreeate thinks a website / pserver division is less logical than the current java / alternative division.

No no no. I'm all for replacing a current subsections with a MS Website one. What I'm against is adding a subsection in addition to the current ones.

BloopBloop
Reaction score
No no no. I'm all for replacing a current subsections with a MS Website one. What I'm against is adding a subsection in addition to the current ones.

And we are back at the beginning:

1. Add a new sub section for websites ( i am with full 100% for this, only you aren't )
2. Replace the general discussion section (Oxy isn't for this one )
3. Put the Alternative language section and the java section together and make a new website section ( Kevin isn't for that one )

Edit:

On the other side; if you currently take a look, a new mod wouldn't even be that bad if there comes a new website section, (without replacing a section)

Kevintjuh -> Java developer
Retep -> Alternative language developer
xxxxx -> Website developer
Piggy -> Less active-> but more a general discussion guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back