Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Maybe, add a

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Add a shoutbox if you will? I can help add it if you would like. It is a good way to string the community together. What do you all think?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We have already had this discussion and thread plenty of times, MentaL will not add a shoutbox due to people abusing it, and it is unnecessary as you can talk to people via PM

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
For one this is not devb ran by rastawho with xenforo. RaGEZONE is not a small community like that one, that most of its users are habboons. Having a shoutbox has been suggested time and time again. And the answer will always be NO.

By the way, read the forum rules and use the search so you won't find yourself suggesting things that have been asked before.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hahahahaha, yeah. We need a shoutbox so all 500 users online can chat at once. Section chatboxes would be nice though :p (seperate chatbox in each section)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think we have an IRC at least (or did at some point), so I think that would suffice? :)
\o/
We did. It closed. Some of us congregate on other IRC servers. (I preferred the RZ one)

@Ron: Web clients are freely available. Do you think that would make the suggestion much more palatable? We develop MMOs... I'm sure we could develop a cross platform IRC client. There already are some for JVM, and I'm sure we could dig up a .Net / Mono one. :lol:

@Shoutbox: You mean spambox. 360,441 members and in the middle of the night, 500 actively logged in? What are you going to read in a shoutbox if they are all talking? If you can't read it, nobody will use it. This site is pretty high strung at the best of times, and a shoutbox is a server hog.

No thank you.

Why is IRC better?
  • You can break down into channels for different MMOs and private chats.
  • You can send whole files... source, server files, leaks whatever... it's direct, RZ don't monitor it... we (should) have no DMCA responsibility with it. (they are private peer2peer transactions, at least via DCC)
  • Individual users can actually host file servers in it.
  • You can host IRC bots with everything from trivia quizzes, to basic "seen" type bots, to full blown terminal MUDs. (for historic MMO gaming :D:) ... you can even bot. XD
  • IRC messages pass from client to server to client and are stored nowhere. (unless someone logs conversations, shoutbox OTOH goes via the SQL DB so that people joining after the conversation has passed can see what they missed ... yuk)

Last edited:
Reactions: 404
Back