Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Merch Zone suggestion

Slothstronaut
Reaction score
I don't know if you've tried using a middleman system in the past, or if it's already been suggested, but I think utilizing a middleman system would make things run a lot smoother and would bring about a lot more successful transactions, and transactions in general.

I won't go into specifics as to why I think it would be a good idea, because they're pretty obvious and we all weigh the reasons differently. Just throwing this out there for Dan to think about if he hasn't already. If you don't want to hire in a whole nother person to be just a middleman, perhaps you could make being a middleman a req. for being mod of the section? I'd be willing to.

Reaction score
Plus you would need to have accounts everywhere to make it work, which I'm sure people are willing to do but it can be tedious.

I mean, its a good idea if done correctly. Middle mans are the reason other forums have thriving market sections. Its better to trust a random staff member on a large forum than it is to trust a completely random online stranger.

Reaction score
Plus you would need to have accounts everywhere to make it work, which I'm sure people are willing to do but it can be tedious.

I mean, its a good idea if done correctly. Middle mans are the reason other forums have thriving market sections. Its better to trust a random staff member on a large forum than it is to trust a completely random online stranger.

True, i wonder who is up for it.

Praise the Sun!
Reaction score
The merchant zone isn't really active right now, but it might change if there's a trust-able middleman.

The idea is pretty good in my opinion, but it'd be too much work for the low amount of sales that are being made in the merchant zone right now.

Now you can tag me!
Reaction score
The merchant zone isn't really active right now, but it might change if there's a trust-able middleman.

The idea is pretty good in my opinion, but it'd be too much work for the low amount of sales that are being made in the merchant zone right now.

You have a valid point there. Perhaps it should be optional to use a middleman, and a minimum exchange in order to get one. I mean, nobody is going to use a middleman when we're talking about 5$ trades. That's when you have to use your own gut and feeling, whether you trust the opposite trader or not.

Reaction score
support this idea 100%; I think that middle-men are what can make markets rise, the fact that these days people are put off because of the amount of scams which happen, this shouldn't happen.

Awhile I ago I suggest that: http://forum.ragezone.com/f610/list-positive-negative-sellers-buyers-901487/ was utalized to support those who looks for positive/negative sellers/buyers. I think that because the list hasn't been updated recently, it is failing.

Middle-man suggestion, 100% in :)!

Reaction score

This is why middleman will not work great however I see why this thread was created, just to bring more secure transactions and people not get scammed.

Back