Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Middleman in Merchant section

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
We need a list of trustworthy middlemans.

This will not only speed up purchases it will make transactions safer.

Also I prefer if middlemans were in RaGEZONE for since at least '09.

Because some people just "assume" your a scammer without any evidence.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Yep, I also agree. It will stop people complaining about scams and whatnot

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Aye, not a bad idea we have on the table here!

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
better to have a middleman than nothing.

anyways i guess you right..

Last edited:

NTV

Anime Network
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I can be a good MM lol ive been here since 08 :D.

Depends on if MentaL decides to add MM's or not.

But i agree that this will not fully secure scams and that MM can be blamed for if a scam was to occur but even so.. the odds of that happening is slim; if the MM is careful in determining how to deal with the transaction.

Also, you need to be aware of the Join Date if someone just joined recently and barely interacted with the forum you would need to be more careful about that.

/thats why some forums have like a 100 post limit to participate in the merchant section

Like depends on if its a Game Account, License, Steam, etc.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
....stupid server lag

Last edited:
Reactions: 404
Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
False, that means Ragezone would be liable in the dealings (as they appointed the middle man).

Not having a middle man distances themselves from the actual transaction (which, if things go wrong, is very good)

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sythe has middlemen, if they scam, they're IP banned until everyone is paid back. If someone else charges back, they're not held responsible, since there's always that risk. I think that this is worth a shot!

For example, a trade on Sythe where someone is selling gold for Paypal would involve a middleman collecting the gold and holding it, then the buyer sends the seller the Paypal cash (the middleman does not hold Paypal money), and when it has been proved by screenshots or verification, the middleman gives the buyer the gold.

There is always a chance of charge back, but this is much more safe than what we have now to be honest. They also have a very hard application process, which involves you needing to trade a lot and be extremely trustworthy.

I say it's worth a shot though.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There is no need, just make sure you receive Paypal payment as a 'Gift', that way they can not do a charge-back.

This is very wrong, but many believe it.

If you claim your Paypal as being hacked, they will reverse your payments. The sender always wins the disputes unless the buyer has good evidence.

Back