Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MineCraft Server Development Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Joe209!)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
First off many of you should of heard of Minecraft by now if you've been on YouTube in the past month or so. But let's get back to what I'm suggesting here. On Minecraft you can get on people own made servers as some of you might have known. What I'm asking is that we put Minecraft in the selection of development for servers.

There is many ways to customize your servers just like any other, But the bad thing is there is a free version of the Multi-player and there is a payed version which is called "SMP" Which stands for Survival Multi-player.This would mean that in the Minecraft Section there would have to be two forums which contain each other, One for the free version "Classic Multi-player" And another for the paid version "SMP".

This would also help the forum a bit since notch (Creator of the game) Adds forums that have the game the he made in a section of the forum. This would bring more people to Ragezone than ever before, Even if ragezone has never had a problem of getting users it would add to the numbers. Hint hint Mental more people paying for Subscriptions.

Now if some of you haven't heard of Minecraft then i'll show you some screen shots of the game and what it is.

Random Created worlds, Worlds are never the same, this is single player in minecraft, But there is a multiplayer version "SMP" Which is exactly the same but you survive with other people.

This is the free version of Minecraft looks amazing yes i know, even though its the free version its amazing to play with friends and build things with friends :)

There is also Role Playing servers which are fun at times if they are made right. Well thats what the servers look like and there is also mods and other ways to make the server truly different we'll get into those later if the thread gets a good response.

For people Who want to try out Alpha heres the beta of the survival part of minecraft

Heres the link -

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm interested in it, for the past 3.5 years I've been writing servers in C# and Java, mainly Habbo private server emus. (the stuff they run on these days) I like MineCraft alot and making an open source Java game server for it would be awesome. Make it easy to extend and have a mod database online, web frontend for admins, all the good stuff. Sounds cool. Has anyone done any research on the network protocol so far?
:eek:
Nillus into Minecraft!?
This would be epic.

I don't think any network protocol has been researched yet (not that I know of atleast)
But if we get this section, I'm pretty sure we'd find something out.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and vote a "yes".

Minecraft itself is a very fun game you can play offline.
It's even better when you play alpha with your friends online.

(Joe209!)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I believe minecraft is a new edge we'd have if we added it to our community now, because later on there will be bigger communities to run minecraft related servers and such (even if there already are). We need to act fast, and a lot of people play the damn game, in just a few weeks, it's gone from unknown to the PM of most people on my MSN 'Busy - Minecraft' it's kind of shocking how addictive a rather simple game can be, but beneficial for RaGEZONE, I'm sure we'd have a kickass section for it, it wouldn't be our usual MMO section, but GTASAMP isn't really an MMO (tho there are lots of servers and mods.) It would be a different but typical section at RaGEZONE, one that could probably get us a lot of users if set up properly (need to consider Client related sections, not just Server).

That just blew my mind its exactly what i was trying to say but you said it perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back